Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 In Sims 4

Comments

• elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    @DOLLDRMS1 your lovely comments mean a lot to me <3

Unfortunately, the save is far from finished. I have spent the day today transferring the builds into a new clean save and checking them over. I had missed a couple of things - like missing wallpaper, one room in a house got completely overlooked etc. I will eventually be adding the sims to the houses, but I need to go into the original save and update skills, jobs etc on the ones I made myself before adding them to my clean save.

I also need to do something with San Myshuno as it is the only world I cannot really remake as sims 3. With all the apartments set as they are, it would be too difficult for me. What I decided to do is leave them mostly as-is (with maybe a little editing) and use the apartments for my favourite sims overspill, ie. any sims I really like which I haven't been able to fit into the other worlds. Like the Lothario family with Don as a child. I will be looking in your library @Hestia to see if there are any more I would like to add! Thank you for little Don :)
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited September 2019
    @Hestia @elanorbreton omg, i love your guys job, its amazing. Really! I wish i had finished the Makin' Magic before RoM came out, but i had some problems and haven't been able too... :( But i have some new ideas for my Sims 1 save file. hehe

Also, @elanorbreton you should release a beta version, in case you'd like us to help you find things you missed or did wrong, I can't promise I will look EVERYTHING but i can look some lots and sims bios/personalities/family trees...
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited September 2019
    Quick preview of Willow Creek

0joaQca.jpg

It isn't 100% populated as I haven't made it that far renovating all Sims in this fresh new save. I'm also looking into replacing the other two 20x30 lots with a Sims 3 uninhabited residential home.

NB: I'm trying to make sure that the "neighbors" experience is simulated just like in The Sims 3. Agnes is neighbors with Single Moms, etc. So, if you placed your own Sim living next to them, you'll see them come by often! Just like in TS3. For moments where there isn't space due to how small the "sub-hoods" are, I have to improvise on where they stay.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    edited September 2019
    "Shopping/Entertainment District"

cuFNl7B.jpg

Stay tuned for more. Hold on tight! Gotta get those build requests finished first. :)

High Priority
    • Cosmopolitan Lofts - 20 x 30
    • Metropolitan Lofts - 20 x 30 (DOES NOT INCLUDE LOFTY CERULEAN POOL)
    • Condor Museum Lofts - 20 x 30
    • Divisadero Budget Books - 20 x 20
    • Everfresh Delights Supermarket - 20 x 20

Medium Priority
    • Pleasant Rest Graveyard - 30 x 40
    • Asilomar - 30 x 30
    • Wagner's Repose - 20 x 30

Low Priority
    • Cottage Cheese - 30 x 30
    • Victor's Abode - 30 x 20
    • Flava-ful - 30 x 20
    • Garden Cottage - 30 x 40
    • House Plan B - 30 x 20
    • Landgraab Estate - 64 x 64
    • Lone Wolff Manor - 40 x 40
    • Low Fat Ranch - 40 x 40
    • Pescadero - 20 x 30
    • Primrose - 30 x 40
    • Stalwart Mission - 30 x 20
    • Sur La Plage - 30 x 30
    • Victor's Abode - 30 x 20
    • Villa Alto - 64 x 64
    • Ocean Vista Cottage - 20 x 30
    • Shearwater - 30 x 40
    • Cormorant - 30 x 40
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    Looking good @Hestia
    @Karon thank you for the lovely comments, I hope that you can get back into your Sims 1 save.

I am currently having problems with Sims 3, I think I am about ready to throw it out in frustration. Every time I click on Main Menu it shuts the game down. Grrrrr. And then, of course, being Sims 3 I have to wait an absolute age to load up a world again...
    Hello, new Gunther Goth. :*

VBFCom1.png
    jtbAL2r.jpg
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    Thank you @elanorbreton
    @Hestia that Gunther... heheheheheehe
  • DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    @elanorbreton , no worries on time taken to finish up. I'm content knowing the save is coming whenever you get it just the way you want it. The main person it has to please is YOU :) Sorry to hear about the TS3 problems, though. Frustrating for you, I'm sure.

I also agree with what you are saying about San Myshuno. Actually, having room for sim spillover, as you put it, is a good idea, imho. Even with my not being a builder, I was disappointed with the way elevators and apartments were handled in this iteration of the game. By that I simply mean it wasn't possible to build apartments with working elevators in other worlds. It just felt so restrictive.

@Hestia your revamp/remakes are looking good. I sure hope your primary goal with redoing sims and lot placements is for your personal pleasure. I am quite content with what you have provided already and just like I told elanorbreton up above, your end results need to meet your vision only. The rest of us are just enjoying the ride, lol.

@Karon , don't worry about not getting your magic save file out yet. Enjoy your project! I'm sure it will be worth the wait :)

If I suddenly go quiet on you guys for about a week, don't think it's because I've lost interest. Real life commitments are creating havoc with simming time. Ugh.
    @Hestia just wondering what way you do your sims in relation to skills and jobs - do you not match them to sims 3? I was going through all my sims today and looked in on Agnes and she is a level 10 critic with a heap of skills, did you make her that way?
    @elanorbreton For that specific save, yes.

In this fresh new save, I’ll be matching them more towards TS3 and adding anything necessary in relevance to their personality because of new skills introduced in TS4.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Hestia wrote: »
    Hello, new Gunther Goth. :*

VBFCom1.png
    jtbAL2r.jpg

My favorite sim from ts3. <3
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I really adore seeing all of this. I am curious how the new pack can be recreated with the Sims 3 worlds. Trying to think which world it could represent. It kind of has Moonlight Falls lighting with it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Scobre wrote: »
    I really adore seeing all of this. I am curious how the new pack can be recreated with the Sims 3 worlds. Trying to think which world it could represent. It kind of has Moonlight Falls lighting with it.

Are you talking about the other way around? Creating Glimmerbrook in the sims 3?
    edited September 2019
    I finally (with much aggravation) got my 'overspill' world done enough for my satisfaction:
    Overspill.JPG?dl=0
    After these last few months of being almost permanently stuck to my chair, I have finished my project for now (my hubby will be so glad lol)

This was only ever meant to be a personal project as I loved playing the sims 3 so much but no longer enjoy going back to the old graphics and the mod-necessary game. But, since a couple of people have expressed an interest, I am willing to share the save file on an 'as-is' basis. This means that it was created with the intention of being my own game, I have not play-tested every single lot, there may be things wrong or missing or out of place. I do not intend to update it for public use by way of fixes if you find missing doors etc. If it's good enough for EA, it's good enough for me ;):D:D:D

Mostly for @DOLLDRMS1 - I am sure you will find it playable and I hope that you enjoy it. Please download from the previous Dropbox link given, the save file is now in the same folder as the world pictures. Thank you again for your kind words.

Thank you @Karon for your regular contributions to the thread.
    Thank you, everyone who has dropped in to take part, leave comments or just to look without commenting.
    Thank you @Hestia for sharing the lovely sims and keeping the thread livelier with awesome pictures of those simmies.

Edit: Oh no! Now I have the urge to remake sims 2....
    Post edited by elanorbreton on
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

Are you talking about the other way around? Creating Glimmerbrook in the sims 3?
    Well both would be neat. But I was thinking with the lighting Moonlight Falls could fit into Glimmerbrook well. But yes guess it did seem topsy turvy how I said it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Oh, thats so cool. I'm really excited to see your finished project.
    Just thought I'd drop by and share a few pics of the Sims 3 in Sims 4 Play!

Here's the Bachelors having dinner with little Morty:
    09-19-19_1-51-03%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0
    (try as I did, I could not get the relationship cheat to work on Bella and Mortimer to set them up as friends, so they are having to do it the manual way!)

Shirley Lin went to work at the hospital and had patients queuing up for treatment. Not sure what Dorie Hart was up to, but Morty and Brandi Newbie sure don't look happy with her lol.
    09-21-19_8-47-04%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

Roxie Lin getting it on with Jebediah Wilson:
    09-22-19_11-11-57%C2%A0AM.png?dl=0

And Shirley is getting insanely jealous of her sister, so has decided to become a spellcaster and teach her a lesson or two:
    09-22-19_11-24-06%C2%A0AM.png?dl=0

Whilst in the Realm, she happened to see one of the Frio brothers duelling with Leighton Sekemoto :D
    09-22-19_11-26-49%C2%A0AM.png?dl=0

*Bachelors, Hart, Frio and Sekemoto courtesy of @Hestia
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    @elanorbreton Awesome job girl. If i ever get caught up and buy ROM I just may give your save a whirl. And did you mention Sims 2 <3
    Ha ha just kidding. Take some time off and don't forget to eat.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    Wow, this has really taken off. :)
    I dropped in on page 1.

I think I will try this once the Sims 4 is finished and I create a Super save file with custom lots and families, CC and all the mods I have been avoiding because of TS4 constant patches.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    @elanorbreton Awesome job girl. If i ever get caught up and buy ROM I just may give your save a whirl. And did you mention Sims 2 <3
    I was actually going to have a go with Sims 2 - installed the game and everything! Fired it up and then discovered that I couldn't get it into window mode (yes, I followed online instructions, but still a no-go) and I also could not get it to stay 'up' if I clicked on my sims 4 game. So there is no way of looking at it on one screen while I copy the builds on another :( It would just keep minimising, darn it.

@CK213 the sims 4 finish may be a long way off...
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    I was actually going to have a go with Sims 2 - installed the game and everything! Fired it up and then discovered that I couldn't get it into window mode (yes, I followed online instructions, but still a no-go) and I also could not get it to stay 'up' if I clicked on my sims 4 game. So there is no way of looking at it on one screen while I copy the builds on another :( It would just keep minimising, darn it.

With the other games I'm interested in that are coming, it will be over before I know it.
    I will be busy with them. ;)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

@elanorbreton there is this one by openlyweird. I played with it once, and its well done: https://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/post/181672501144/the-sims-2-to-the-sims-4-the-uberhood-20
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,254 Member
    I love these!! The nostalgia is hitting me SO hard!
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
    Karon wrote: »
    @elanorbreton there is this one by openlyweird. I played with it once, and its well done: https://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/post/181672501144/the-sims-2-to-the-sims-4-the-uberhood-20
    Thanks for that, I will give it a go... though I do not use cc so there may be a few items missing for me.
    edited September 2019
    Karon wrote: »
    Thanks for that, I will give it a go... though I do not use cc so there may be a few items missing for me.

I don't use cc too. I think its jsut a couple of witch inspired clothing, you can work around that.

Also, could you help me with something? There is a cheat that you can edit lots like the one from the Magic Realm, the Hospital, Science Lab and Police Headquarters from GTW. Do you think you could rebuild them? Like, Sunset Valley Hospital as a replacement, Lucky Palms Science Lab as a replacement, and maybe a Police Headquarters from any sims 3 world you would like,
    I thought it would be interesting to have a new lot in a new save for those who are tired of playing in the same lots over and over again, but I'm too lazy to get inspiration from the rabbit holes. hahaha
    Post edited by Karon on