Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

gamplay ideas for kids and teens

i really would like kids to have a tree houseee and also i really want crushes
for teens i would want a dnd kinda and also it could be kinda interactive like the jobs kinda thing also cosplay and obessing with teen shows

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Tree houses would be cool, anything to get kids outside playing would be nice
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Same for the treehouse. I also want more games for kids to play with each other.
  • Fallenxroses7Fallenxroses7 Posts: 92 Member
    a obsession phase, Cosplaying, and treehouses would be the only thing that could get me into family gameplay, it's honestly super boring and repetitive to me. but that could be cool
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Kids: Treehouses, tag, sports (football, soccer, baseball, etc.), bikes, after school activities - just more arts/crafts and games in general.

Teens: Sports (same as above), social functions, after school activities - more games in general.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    All good ideas. I would also like to have a volleyball game that upvto 8 sims could play. Kids being able to play jacks and marbles either by themselves or another sim. Hopscotch, 4 square. Like someone mentioned, more games over all. Guve us real babies already too.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    More child aspirations. It's disappointing that we still only have 4. How about a collection aspiration for kids? Or a scouting-related aspiration, anything really.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    More child aspirations. It's disappointing that we still only have 4. How about a collection aspiration for kids? Or a scouting-related aspiration, anything really.

I agree with you also a tree house or play house would be nice
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited September 2019
    First crush? then getting teased for it by all people the parents and siblings! Such a nightmare when they hear of juicy details like first kisses and holding hands walking down a street as a child with another child, it might just put that child off from continuing that first attempt at a deeper friendship due to the unfamiliar pressure building from the family through teasing, and the child mistaking it for embarassment feeling like their privacy has been invaded.

It isn't uncommon to see children feeling that desire at their age to seek companionship, even if there is no drive to take them further. still, childhood sweethearts could end up marrying at the right time when they reach the right point in their more adult lives.

Early form relationships limited to just flirting at first and then cheek kissing later (Which would be a very special moment for a child to get), it would also allow children to minimally take part in love day by spending their time with their girl or boyfriend, but only between other children.
  • pastelnarwhalpastelnarwhal Posts: 20 Member
    > @Hoverael said:
    > First crush? then getting teased for it by all people the parents and siblings! Such a nightmare when they hear of juicy details like first kisses and holding hands walking down a street as a child with another child, it might just put that child off from continuing that first attempt at a deeper friendship due to the unfamiliar pressure building from the family through teasing, and the child mistaking it for embarassment feeling like their privacy has been invaded.
    >
    > It isn't uncommon to see children feeling that desire at their age to seek companionship, even if there is no drive to take them further. still, childhood sweethearts could end up marrying at the right time when they reach the right point in their more adult lives.

Yeah, this sounds really cool! The only drawback I can see would be the need to indicate some sort of sexuality to decide which types of sims your child would like, and that sounds like a lot to change overall
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    @pastelnarwhal
    Yeah, this sounds really cool! The only drawback I can see would be the need to indicate some sort of sexuality to decide which types of sims your child would like, and that sounds like a lot to change overall

If I am not mistaken, all sims are bisexual... At least mine are always attracted both to male and female. Same would probably apply to children.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    For kids I just want to finally have the basics like jumping on the bed play tag and cops n robbers I want them to be able to interact anywhere without an object. A treehouse would be great if things like sleepovers were added to it maybe a dress up chest where they could play games as pirates or princesses with pranks like throwing water balloons at Sims below.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    For kids I just want to finally have the basics like jumping on the bed play tag and cops n robbers I want them to be able to interact anywhere without an object. A treehouse would be great if things like sleepovers were added to it maybe a dress up chest where they could play games as pirates or princesses with pranks like throwing water balloons at Sims below.

yes I want this
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited September 2019
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    ...with pranks like throwing water balloons at Sims below.

i was just finishing off drinking my coffee and was just reminded of an old episode of the simpsons, regarding Seymour skinner with an untied shoe lace, bart with a large tomato, followed by the irresistable urge to throw it because Seymour's backside happens to be up as he's leaning down to tie the lace up and the perfect target for that tomato. mind you that was a long time ago, still i almost choked on my coffee being reminded and half way laughing at the thought of worse pranks children could come up with.

i wonder how far is too far on what type of pranks one could get into on TS4 though.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited September 2019
    I’d like treehouses too. For kids and teens I’d like after school activities like soccer practice etc, slumber parties/sleepovers, obsessing over teen shows or comic books. I’d love a teen stuff pack.

Mostly, and I made a thread for that, I’d like a proper school system and being able to follow my sims to school when I want to.

Also I liked being able to chose their favorite color, music style etc in TS3.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I don't want romance for children but a tree house, why not.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Playable Babies like in the Sims 3 & have new Tweens & Middle Agers.
    Also, have a straight sim not flirt with their BFF male girly friend & visa versa.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yes we need more fun in life for those stages. I get annoyed by the obvious direction this game is trying to lead us to. Kids stay inside, play alone on their tablet, phone or laptop. There is a lack of togetherness and it is so alarming to me.

Kids need to be kids, be quirky, play weird games (TOGETHER!), get dressed up, get messy from time to time, play outside with friends without any digital items needed, have sleep overs and over all have meaning into their likings, fears and interests other then just for themself.

Teens need to be able to explore and learn about adulthood, but also remain a bit insecure and shy if you want to. Exploring on the romance level needs to be more expanded. Having crushes, getting asked out on dates/prom, getting awkward around a crush that they do not know so well, getting random pimples, getting rules or grounded with consequences if they sneak out or use a computer/phone when they werent allowed to, run away to stay over with their friends, sneak out in the night in response to a text from their friend group to hang in the park or break into an empty house, getting invited to house parties when the parents arent home. We need more life from the outside world to effect the lives of our sims. Decisions decisons decions is what I want to see. Give us options to expand, but also to ignore if we do not want to play with a certain event.

EDIT: I sure hope they add in an exam week (or just 3 days or so) so teens have to get focussed on their grades and prepare for uni to be let in or not. They also get a little pressur of adulthood and will learn how they catc up with their school, love life and social life meanwhile dealing with the stress from home such as parental rules and other events that can be stressful or anxious for teens. Ofcourse depening on their traits as well.
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    I don't want romance for children but a tree house, why not.

Understandable, but children do have relationships. My nephew, who is nine, has two (!) girlfriends right now.