Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anybody furnished the Magic HQ?

Maybe like with a few beds, a better kitchen... stuff to do!? I don’t want it drastically changed and would like to keep the original building but I’m not a builder and have no idea where to even start.

—T

Comments

• simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited September 2019
    Lilsimsie has a beautiful Reno of Magic HQ up on the gallery already (under her name). It looks gorgeous from the outside with nice architectural features, more windows and a glass skylight. However, I was waiting for her video because I didn’t want to replace it with hers in case this messes up the sages. (Apparently they have special coding to keep them in their areas. I don’t know what replacing the lot might do to this). I might just watch her video and customize my own lot, following some of her ideas.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Lilsimsie has a beautiful Reno of Magic HQ up on the gallery already (under her name). It looks gorgeous from the outside with nice architectural features, more windows and a glass skylight. However, I was waiting for her video because I didn’t want to replace it with hers in case this messes up the sages. (Apparently they have special coding to keep them in their areas. I don’t know what replacing the lot might do to this). I might just watch her video and customize my own lot, following some of her ideas.
    I replaced it with hers and have had zero issues with the sages 😊. It is very pretty.
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    I need to check out lilsimsie’s, buuuut as a nerdy occult player a part of me wants to take on the challenge to design the HQ myself to my personal tastes. Maybe make it a bit like the Winchester mansion. Something wild, idk.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Yes I have
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Itskristabro3Itskristabro3 Posts: 8 New Member
    Can anyone tell me how to access build mode in the magic realm?
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Can anyone tell me how to access build mode in the magic realm?

@Itskristabro3 You enter the cheat bb.enablefreebuild
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    I had to add some stuff to utilize a lot of empty space.

Made one room a dedicated library and also added some chess tables. Worked on the kitchen which needed some cabinets andsome more tables and chairs along with counters. (Why are there no matching cabinets for this pack. Ftttt...) used some of the new curtains on the archways and touching up Siemon's room where he usually hangs out at to more of a room for practical magic and potion making. Adding some plants really help that out as well as planter boxes.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Question - I was thinking about revamping HQ myself, but I noticed that practicing magic requires a lot of floorspace. Now, granted, there's still a lot of extra floorspace even allowing for that, but I was wondering for those who have downloaded/made rebuilds if you've run into issues where sims have to go outside, or walk fairly far away, when practicing.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Anyone have a link to Lilsimsie’s magic hq build? I can’t seem to find it on mobile and I want to check it out.

@WolfNate yours is gorgeous, and exactly what I’m looking for, once I’m back at home will take a better look. Thanks a lot

—T
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I just did a slight makeover of the HQ, altered the basement floors & added a 3rd basement floor for the bedrooms. That way the spellcaster students & sages can have a sleepover; sortof like a magical boarding academy.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Added pet supplies, kid skill building and fun stuffs, toddler nursery, and a bedroom for eight.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Yeah, I got started on my personal renovation yesterday.

I fixed the outside so it looked more like the actual trailer; I also added a an actual floor to the third floor! There are bedrooms there now.
    The rest of the interior is still a work in progress.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Itskristabro3Itskristabro3 Posts: 8 New Member
    > @happyopi said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > @Itskristabro3 You enter the cheat bb.enablefreebuild

Thank you!
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2019
    Oh I knocked that building down and Completely rebuilt it as a Cathedral, Abbey, Temple, in Ruins. with a Dungeon & Catacombs in the basement.

It's going to be utilized as a Library, then as time goes on, and events unfold, it will become a Prison for a Certain Spell Caster.
    the Sages are there to Contain that Spell Caster and His dark powers from reaching back into the mortal world, but his power is just to great and he starts creating creatures, and recruiting spell casters and Vampires to do his bidding while he manipulates fate that will help him regain freedom.

For now the sages guard the different parts of the Cathedral.
    The Practical Sage guards the Library
    The Mischief Sage guards the Alter.
    The Untamed Guards the Dungeon/Catacombs
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited September 2019
    I have been editing my Magic HQ myself and am now fairly happy with the result. There were actually certain things I came to appreciate about the original design, like the open courtyard in the middle of the first floor. I have noticed that NPC sims like to duel there a lot (and so do my sims) so I kept it. I just added two fireplaces and some hangings there. (I find the tapestry from Vampires goes really well with the Magic Realm).

I had a load of fun revamping the kitchen which while bare has the merit of being roomy. I used the new counters and islands from the pack, plus a couple of the Cargeaux cabinets’ end pieces (I find that the piece which has the cans and boxes in it works really well and seems fitting for a magic kitchen since who knows what is in those containers). It looks more like a refectory now with seating at the island counters and a full set of chairs at the table.

I thought the third floor seemed empty so I put some dormitories (with the new single beds and some matching hangings) and extra bathrooms with showers up there, fitting them in around the outside so there would still be a big open space in the middle. They look pretty good and I keep finding sims sleeping in them so they are being used. I put the bedrooms upstairs because I wanted them to have windows and balcony access.

For the sages, I tried to tailor their rooms to their schools of magic. Morgyn’s area has become a greenhouse with rare ingredients like the dragonfruit, the death flower, mandrakes and valerian. It also has more plants, bookshelves and chairs for a graduate seminar type feel. Simeon’s room is like a potions classroom with more cabinets of ingredients, counters, ingredients, clutter and a collection of different brooms on the wall (I figured brooms would fall under practical magic). I also put some excellent quality potions (brewed by my master potioneer) around the room on the counters (as in the trailer) since the animations look so neat.There is now a library with chess tables, comfy seating, nice art etc on that floor too.

The Mischief sage’s basement room is like a creepy study with displayed wands, familiars of all colours and a couple of desks. I left the second basement alone except to add a speaker and some wall decoration so it is kind of like a magic pub. I like the fact that I did add a speaker because it has the merit of attracting sims and making it seem like they are all socializing there.

In the rest of the house, I also added a few extra bathrooms, an outdoor garden with harvestable plants and a skylight. I still need to fix the outside of the building to be more to my taste. I did add a few extra windows and doors, as well as a matching turret on the other side, but I would like to fix that big roof yet and add some ivy and outdoor lights too. I am fairly happy with the interior of my Magic HQ, though, because it feels very comfortable and communal and just a tiny bit eerie.
  • AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    Has anyone tried completely redo it, bcs I have a question. If I were to bulldoze the lot and rebuild something completely new, would everything work then? Like, would sages act normal? Does using magic require a lot of space?
  • EricTheLoonEricTheLoon Posts: 20 Member
    edited September 2019
    Has anyone tried completely redo it, bcs I have a question. If I were to bulldoze the lot and rebuild something completely new, would everything work then? Like, would sages act normal? Does using magic require a lot of space?

The sages and everyone in the lot would simply re-spawn at the portal. I found that the first Magic HQ I replaced the original with was too cramped; so that the duelists would have to go outside to duel. I replaced it again with one that had more space inside to move in.
    Sul Sul!
  • AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    edited September 2019

The sages and everyone in the lot would simply re-spawn at the portal. I found that the first Magic HQ I replaced the original with was too cramped; so that the duelists would have to go outside to duel. I replaced it again with one that had more space inside to move in.

Oh great, thank you :)