Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did you know? (ROM edition)

Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
Hello fellow simmers,
I thought I’d start a did you know thread for realm of magic. I always love seeing this and learning new information from them when a pack releases. Tell me what you’ve discovered in this fantastic pack?

Did you know that you can by a potion to cure curses in the rewards store for 500 points? Seriously a life saver for me as a low level spellcaster. Everyone was fighting my poor sim and becoming her enemy (more people to perform magic on 😈)
Post edited by Akl500P on

Comments

• WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Wait what?
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Did you know that above the fireplace in Magic HQ is a snub-nosed leaf-bar familiar orb? (Probably you did but I just found it)
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Did you know that non-Spellcasters get a tense moodlet when they're around an overcharged Spellcaster? Also, non-Spellcasters have a small "react in surprise" animation when a spell e.g scrubroo is used on them.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Hey did you know you can grab the realm door if you use the cheat to unhide it? You can use them as actual functional doors in your home or another lot. They just cant be locked. :)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Did you know that above the fireplace in Magic HQ is a snub-nosed leaf-bar familiar orb? (Probably you did but I just found it)

And downstairs, in the Mischief Sage's sanctum, there is a Dragon familiar orb on the mantle, free for the binding!

Also, although I knew that clothing can be chosen across assigned gender, I only just realized that also goes for accessories. My male Spellcaster now has both hands sparkling with shiny, glittering rings, because it's a wizardy look I like. :)
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019
    Sindocat wrote: »

And downstairs, in the Mischief Sage's sanctum, there is a Dragon familiar orb on the mantle, free for the binding!

Also, although I knew that clothing can be chosen across assigned gender, I only just realized that also goes for accessories. My male Spellcaster now has both hands sparkling with shiny, glittering rings, because it's a wizardy look I like. :)
    Thank you! I don’t have the dragon yet. I’ll grab it next time I’m in game. I shall call him Smaug (yes imaginative I know)

And here’s something else I have just learned from others on the forum: A spellcaster with the ‘carefree’ reward trait which stops them getting tense will never die from death by overcharge

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »

Thank you! I don’t have the dragon yet. I’ll grab it next time I’m in game. I shall call him Smaug (yes imaginative I know)

And here’s something else I have just learned from others on the forum: A spellcaster with the ‘carefree’ reward trait which stops them getting tense will never die from death by overcharge

This'll probably work with the "Laid Back" reward trait you get from completing the Beach Life aspiration as well!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• simskeletonsimskeleton Posts: 605 Member
    Kind of off topic, but the title confused me. I'm sure you mean "Edition" not "Addition". lol sorry
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited September 2019
    Kind of off topic, but the title confused me. I'm sure you mean "Edition" not "Addition". lol sorry

Lol omg thank you for pointing that out 🤦🏼‍♀️. Typo has been fixed.
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    OOh! I love "Did You Knows!" If your spellcaster has a fire on their lot, they can put it out with the spell Chillio, and afterwards clean the floor with Scruberoo, found this out the hard way accidentally casting inferniate instead of transportalate hahaaa
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    Questionable Contents gives you a curse
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
    WolfNate wrote: »
    Questionable Contents gives you a curse

Yeah, kinda sounded ominous though hey? lol but your next potion is guaranteed not to fail :D
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Anyone who has checked the new collection probably knows this already, but I only found out today that the brooms and even some of the wands come in various colours, and you have to find or buy them all if you want to complete the collection. (No, you can't cheat with the recolouring tool, I already tried that.) It's a little annoying because you can't always tell exactly what colour it is by the small thumbnail you get when you're buying them.
    Teleportalate doesn't seem to increase charge
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    The Charm family has pointy ears. So I took them into cas.fulleditmode and made twins. Now I have elves with no cc or mods.
    edited September 2019
    Also if you move in a Sage they know all 15 potions thus can never complete Purveyor of Potions Aspiration
  • OldGeekWomanOldGeekWoman Posts: 21 Member
    @WolfNate the Morgyn in my save completed the Potions Aspiration, it was actually easier: there needs to be a cauldron in the house and make 5 successful potions and they're done!
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Did you know that if there is an evil sim in the household who sees a spell caster about to explode from an overload, the evil sim will laugh at them rather than running away.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

@WolfNate the Morgyn in my save completed the Potions Aspiration, it was actually easier: there needs to be a cauldron in the house and make 5 successful potions and they're done!

But he knows all 15 potions automatically and you need to learn a potion?
  • OldGeekWomanOldGeekWoman Posts: 21 Member

I think because he already knows them the milestone is completed, at least that's what happened in my save. What happens when you try it?
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »
    OOh! I love "Did You Knows!" If your spellcaster has a fire on their lot, they can put it out with the spell Chillio, and afterwards clean the floor with Scruberoo, found this out the hard way accidentally casting inferniate instead of transportalate hahaaa
    Yesterday I learned that if it damages the furniture (like if it's a stove fire in the kitchen), you can cast Repairio (or whatever it's called lol) and restore your counters and stove for FREE and still keep the insurance money :lol:
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    You can leave the realm from anywhere at any time by choosing travel on your phone.
    storyy wrote: »
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »
    Yesterday I learned that if it damages the furniture (like if it's a stove fire in the kitchen), you can cast Repairio (or whatever it's called lol) and restore your counters and stove for FREE and still keep the insurance money :lol:

OH ! That is handy to know LOL don't ya love it?
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1

I think because he already knows them the milestone is completed, at least that's what happened in my save. What happens when you try it?

Er I didn't try I guess
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    From the twice I’ve done it, setting things on fire with magic does not seem to trigger the typical FIRE!!! Reaction.

At least within the timeframe to then put the fire out, and give your sim a confident buff (if they don’t have the chilio spell)