Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you be interested in a "The Sims 2" remaster?

Comments

• Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    EA should just scrap all plans for Sims 5 and start working on this instead.

I think EA should concentrate on creating Sims 5 and fixing bugs in Sims 4 first. Then after a few packs for Sims 5 come out,EA can start working on a Sims 2 remaster if they want to They may not even want to do a Sims 2 remaster.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Yes
    EA should just scrap all plans for Sims 5 and start working on this instead.

I think EA should concentrate on creating Sims 5 and fixing bugs in Sims 4 first. Then after a few packs for Sims 5 come out,EA can start working on a Sims 2 remaster if they want to They may not even want to do a Sims 2 remaster.

That's because they have no taste.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    Yes
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Doesn’t this already exist? Isn’t this the version being sold on the Mac App Store right now?
    Not with better graphics and support.

The Mac version also doesn't contain everything Ultimate Collection has. They never finished Sims 2 for Mac. I played on a Windows partition on my Mac so I could have everything.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
    Yes
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    Doesn’t this already exist? Isn’t this the version being sold on the Mac App Store right now?

The Mac version also doesn't contain everything Ultimate Collection has. They never finished Sims 2 for Mac. I played on a Windows partition on my Mac so I could have everything.

Yeah, I was sad that I didn't get those other two expansions. :( I never got to play them.
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Yes
    Yes, and I would pay full price too.
    edited September 2019
    Yes
    I can't go back to the closed world and not being able to travel from world to world. Pass.

You could travel from world to world in TS2...

You can't go from Pleasantview to Veronaville. Or has it been that long since I've been able to play it?

Either way, the worlds are so dull looking, I can't go back.

You couldn't go between the pre-made neighborhoods. But you could go from your neighborhood to Downtown(s) and Bluewater. A lot of people had an Uberhood created on MTS that converted the other neighborhoods into downtowns of Pleasantview. Or, did what I did and used SimPE to move the Sims and houses from all the neighborhoods into a cleaned neighborhood. There was also the three travel destinations and 3 University worlds you could go to.
    It was nice when they added the ability to travel between them all with 3&4. A remastered version of 2 would need that added.
    Yes
    Trashmagic wrote: »
    Yes, and I would pay full price too.

Same!
    Yes

Yeah, I was sad that I didn't get those other two expansions. :( I never got to play them.

It also only has 3 of the 10 stuff packs.
    Yes

I did not know TS2 had that many stuff packs.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    No
    I voted no - it's just not something I'd be into personally.

It's odd really, because when I was much younger I loved TS2 and I remember playing it so often. I'm pretty sure I had hardly any DLC for it either but still found it fun. However, I was able to get my hands on the Ultimate Collection maybe about a year or two ago and so I went back to TS2 and absolutely hated every minute of it. :lol:

As I was trying to remember all the controls and gameplay, it frustrated me how "needy" my Sims were. I spent a good portion of my time fulfilling their needs because they seemed to go down so quickly. I know people say needs in TS4 are so easy but honestly, I prefer it that way so I can focus on other aspects of gameplay. I know it's probably such a weird thing to comment on but it was enough to make me give up playing after a couple days lol.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
    Yes

I did not know TS2 had that many stuff packs.

Happy Holiday, Family Fun, Glamour Life, Holiday (a repackaging of Happy Holiday with new items added), Celebration, H&M, Teen Style, Kitchen and Bath, Ikea, and Mansion and Garden.

I guess that's technically only 9 since one was a re-packaging. Ikea was probably my most used one.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    Yes
    This would make me so happy. I wouldn't play another sims game again...EVER.
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Yes
    I voted no - it's just not something I'd be into personally.

It's odd really, because when I was much younger I loved TS2 and I remember playing it so often. I'm pretty sure I had hardly any DLC for it either but still found it fun. However, I was able to get my hands on the Ultimate Collection maybe about a year or two ago and so I went back to TS2 and absolutely hated every minute of it. :lol:

As I was trying to remember all the controls and gameplay, it frustrated me how "needy" my Sims were. I spent a good portion of my time fulfilling their needs because they seemed to go down so quickly. I know people say needs in TS4 are so easy but honestly, I prefer it that way so I can focus on other aspects of gameplay. I know it's probably such a weird thing to comment on but it was enough to make me give up playing after a couple days lol.

That's fair. I know with sims 2 there's a sort of progression. Needs are a bit tricky in the beginning, especially when you're playing a full house of Sims with no skills. But as your sim progresses in their careers or aspirations for example, you get unlocks that make life a little easier.

With sims 4 I feel like it's already pretty easy to manage and then you get unlocks that only make it much easier. So at least for myself there's no sense of progression.

It comes down to the individual but I know what you mean. My younger self always whipped out the cheats for the first 2 games. 😅
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    No
    I can't go back to the closed world and not being able to travel from world to world. Pass.

You can't go from Pleasantview to Veronaville. Or has it been that long since I've been able to play it?

You couldn't go between the pre-made neighborhoods. But you could go from your neighborhood to Downtown(s) and Bluewater. A lot of people had an Uberhood created on MTS that converted the other neighborhoods into downtowns of Pleasantview. Or, did what I did and used SimPE to move the Sims and houses from all the neighborhoods into a cleaned neighborhood. There was also the three travel destinations and 3 University worlds you could go to.
    It was nice when they added the ability to travel between them all with 3&4. A remastered version of 2 would need that added.

That doesn't count. I like being able to go to the other cities, not the stupid downtown area.
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Yes
    Hello Simmers! and everyone at EA/ Maxis, i got started on sims3 for the wii, so never experienced sims1 or sims2, but what i've heard about sims2 it would be cool to do a remake :):p
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yes
    I've always seen people rave about how good TS2 is, but I never got to play it. So a remaster would be very welcome for me.
    Yes
    I've always seen people rave about how good TS2 is, but I never got to play it. So a remaster would be very welcome for me.

You poor deprived soul. :C
  • simskeletonsimskeleton Posts: 605 Member
    Yes
    Yes! The Sims 2 is my all time favorite of the series, and after being stubborn for so long I kind of moved on to The Sims 4, but I would LOVE a remaster. I still play Sims 2 once in a while.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,177 Member
    edited September 2019
    Tough choice...

I mean even if the textures are refreshed The Sims 2 CAS and Build Mode are such a pain.
    The only things I would keep from TS2 are the Live Mode and CANh (Create-A-Neighborhood).

Sure, a remastered version would be nice to play with my old savegames but I used a ton of CC (10 164 packages),
    the modders would have to refresh their creations too.

ts2_ti10.jpg

ts2mem10.jpg
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

That doesn't count. I like being able to go to the other cities, not the stupid downtown area.

What's the difference?

Not to mention you can even create your own downtown and make it look like something else. What an ignorant comment.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    Yes
    Yes x1000
    Although TS3 is my fave of the whole series, I say TS2 is the actual best in the series. I could have fun with just the base for days on end. I'm not currently playing it, but I have the Ultimate Collection. I never had as much fun with a Sims game than I did with TS2. I didn't even know a community, mods, and cc existed at the time when I was playing it. LOL
  • simskeletonsimskeleton Posts: 605 Member
    Yes
    I wouldn't want a "remaster", Sims 2 is great as it is. What I mean when I say yes to this question is that I hope The Sims 5 is like Sims 2, but with better graphics and other features.
  • mandyssims93mandyssims93 Posts: 122 Member
    Yes
    Yes please.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    No
    no because if they did they'd take a lot out of it
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    No
    Only ever played Sims 3 & Sims 4. Don't want old tech. However I would love a Sims 4 version of Sims 3 & better.