Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

But Where is Aine?

Comments

• CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited September 2019
    CK213 wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Does Aine have a last name?
    I will upload mine, but I would like to give a last name.

Sidenote, there is an Aine in The Sims 3 that was a townie in Dragon Valley.
    Aine Mithrilen

Are you sure aine is her official name? I thought that name was made up by the same person who referred to morgyn as 'cade'

Please post a link here if you decide to upload her. I would like to add her to my game but I am not good at recreating sims or real persons.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6CB71AACD87E11E980CE5F3B037E5F47
    I removed all custom content.

Isn’t she supposed to be green?

Yes she is.
    I chose purple. It's a simple change to green.
    09-15-19_10-53-30nbspPM.png

I also prefer to just gender swap Morgyn and style as Aine.
    Give her a key and I have her visiting with all the benefits of having a Sage drop by.
    09-15-19_10-53-12nbspPM.png

09-16-19_8-52-28nbspAM.png
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Aine's hair should be green/black and her dress should be black and red. There's also the arm band that goes on her bicep.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Aine's hair should be green/black and her dress should be black and red. There's also the arm band that goes on her bicep.

I
    don't
    care.

If people can't be bothered to change her, they can't be bothered to download her. Fine by me.
    I only uploaded her because someone asked.

It's better this way anyway. She is not the true Aine and won't be confused for her when Maxis provides her.
    She is a gender swapped Morgyn.

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited September 2019
    @CK213
    She's cute

I added her to my game, and also gave her a black german shepherd, her familiar, named Annie.

70378820_1362596423890649_2182886290326814720_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQkHvSzoxkWlcbtqSY7_mTmVQLF6ycrJiZVUWG6lkn0SLxZ2Kwcn_VQCA1dtdw31y3PFcaqhsD5DT2BE2jWjzjRV&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=e36329f33c71affabf9c6934a1066180&oe=5DF443C5
    Post edited by LaBlue0314 on
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I
    don't
    care.

If people can't be bothered to change her, they can't be bothered to download her. Fine by me.
    I only uploaded her because someone asked.

It's better this way anyway. She is not the true Aine and won't be confused for her when Maxis provides her.
    She is a gender swapped Morgyn.

Your version looks okay too.
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    Popping in to say I know a woman named Aine, and she actually pronounces it like "Ahn-yah" - I believe it's an Irish name but I could be wrong. Pointing this way of pronunciation for anyone who is interested in this take, not to correct anyone. I'm sure there's several ways to say it.

ON topic: I was definitely surprised to not see her in the HQ! Seeing Morgyn instead was definitely unexpected, and I'm liking some of the theories posted on here. You should take them and go more in depth in the Speculation category, it could be fun to read :)
  • KALIAMMAKALIAMMA Posts: 25 Member
    way prettier than that l faba pig
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    Have to say I'm a little disappointed with the Maxis Gallery lately, I remember back in the past they would have trailer Sims and a few good builds within hours of the EP/GP/SP. I think the last time that happened was with Cats and Dogs. The Sims from Get Famous came weeks after with no builds and I'm still waiting on the Moschino Sims!

Surely from a marketing perspective they would want to showcase some builds and showcase their hard work? It would certainly get round the "sparse houses because of the item limit". I wonder if there have been cuts in their marketing department?
  • KALIAMMAKALIAMMA Posts: 25 Member
    > @CK213 said:
    > I was nonplussed to discover that this guy had replaced the green-haired sage.
    > I was so not pleased that I decided to make the replacement literal.
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > Meet Morgyn Morgana.
    > Gender switch. I didn't know her name, but I liked the sound of Morgana. Morgyn's female look wasn't bad, so I kept it without much tweaking.
    > I just went with the color combinations that I liked without bothering to capture her original look.
    >
    >
    > This is the first time I am seeing pictures to compare.
    > It's funny that I choose the right necklace for her without looking for a reference photo.
    > (Image)

oh wow. aine's facial structure really looks like morgyn's!
    maybe they're related?
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    storyy wrote: »
    Popping in to say I know a woman named Aine, and she actually pronounces it like "Ahn-yah" - I believe it's an Irish name but I could be wrong. Pointing this way of pronunciation for anyone who is interested in this take, not to correct anyone. I'm sure there's several ways to say it.

ON topic: I was definitely surprised to not see her in the HQ! Seeing Morgyn instead was definitely unexpected, and I'm liking some of the theories posted on here. You should take them and go more in depth in the Speculation category, it could be fun to read :)

It is indeed an Irish name & that pronunciation is the only one I know ;)

I'm seriously debating making her but I suck at CAS so :/
    My background idea (well, one of them): what if her and Grace got into a duel that ended up in Aine dying from an Overcharge. Grace felt so guilty about this that she gave up her spellcasting powers Morgyn ascended to the Untamed magic Sage to take Aine's place and Grace left the Realm. Eventually though, she found that she missed the place and returned to reclaim her powers (and maybe find a way to bring Aine back).

*goes back to waiting for Maxis!Aine to be uploaded into the gallery*
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited September 2019
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Does Aine have a last name?
    I will upload mine, but I would like to give a last name.

Sidenote, there is an Aine in The Sims 3 that was a townie in Dragon Valley.
    Aine Mithrilen

Are you sure aine is her official name? I thought that name was made up by the same person who referred to morgyn as 'cade'

Please post a link here if you decide to upload her. I would like to add her to my game but I am not good at recreating sims or real persons.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/6CB71AACD87E11E980CE5F3B037E5F47
    I removed all custom content.
    00.jpg

I like your version better I think. I went and downloaded, thankyou for sharing.
  • KiloD2KiloD2 Posts: 57 Member
    edited September 2019
    *goes back to waiting for Maxis!Aine to be uploaded into the gallery*

How long after the release of Vampires did Maxis release those trailer character households on the Gallery?
    Post edited by KiloD2 on
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I couldn't wait and remade Áine myself too. And she's up for download as well if you guys would like.
    48748598038_ef1c240525_o.png
    48748928521_0709719984_o.png
    48748934366_164f1d8cca_o.png
    http://www.simfileshare.net/download/1330454/
    She works as the Untamed Sage too, if you delete your current Sage then put Aine to the world and evict her immediately without playing.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • HeyYoDiscoNickHeyYoDiscoNick Posts: 463 Member
    These Aine remakes are a salve for my weary bones. I don't know how you all do it. When I go into CAS I just end up making the same Sim over and over again.

But also, where is Aine, Mr. Electronic Arts? Where are literally any magical households or builds for this pack on the Maxis gallery page? What is you doing?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    These Aine remakes are a salve for my weary bones. I don't know how you all do it. When I go into CAS I just end up making the same Sim over and over again.

But also, where is Aine, Mr. Electronic Arts? Where are literally any magical households or builds for this pack on the Maxis gallery page? What is you doing?

I don't know what's going on as my tweet to the gurus about Aine haven't been responded to.
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    I like Morgyn as a Sage too much to change that, but I'm thinking I might make Aine, then have her overcharge. It might be neat having her ghost roaming around the HQ.
    I hear that she's gone to University and will be teaching How To Tell The Difference Between A Stick And A Wand.
    I couldn't wait and remade Áine myself too. And she's up for download as well if you guys would like.
    She works as the Untamed Sage too, if you delete your current Sage then put Aine to the world and evict her immediately without playing.

That's awesome.
    How do you make her do that pose?
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member

That's awesome.
    How do you make her do that pose?

Oh, I'm an animator myself, so I remade the pose :smile: it's not originally in game unfortunately.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    Right now she is in Maxis studio, sitting in someone's computer, waiting for her anonymous keeper to be discovered so she can be set free for once...
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I changed L Faba and called her Aine La Croix

OLPcvBp.png
    hwQGDtX.png

I also changed the other sages;
    The new Practical Sage, Simeon Silverstar.

asSWZpb.png
    3jK3oT7.png

And I edited Morgyn to make him look more interesting and powerful. He looked like a potato-faced teen before and I hated it, now he's debonair

qJuf1xk.png
    EG5tLYr.png
  • TX12001TX12001 Posts: 46 Member
    > @CK213 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I
    > don't
    > care.
    >
    > If people can't be bothered to change her, they can't be bothered to download her. Fine by me.
    > I only uploaded her because someone asked.
    >
    > It's better this way anyway. She is not the true Aine and won't be confused for her when Maxis provides her.
    > She is a gender swapped Morgyn.

Just ignore them, she looks significantly better with Purple hair anyway, certain colors simply do not mix.
  • TX12001TX12001 Posts: 46 Member
    > @mika said:
    > I changed L Faba and called her Aine La Croix
    >
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    >
    > I also changed the other sages;
    > The new Practical Sage, Simeon Silverstar.
    >
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    >
    > And I edited Morgyn to make him look more interesting and powerful. He looked like a potato-faced teen before and I hated it, now he's debonair
    >
    > (Image)

Just so you know Morgyn is transgender, that is why he looks feminine, he will even wear a wedding dress.
  • HeyYoDiscoNickHeyYoDiscoNick Posts: 463 Member

I don't know what's going on as my tweet to the gurus about Aine haven't been responded to.

Thank you for trying, at least! I really appreciate it.

• Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I gave the premade sages makeovers, and made L.Faba look a bit like Aine as well. I still would like to see her added to the gallery because I'm not great at recreating sims.
    u6GuoSz.png?1
    tvgvwNO.png?1
    wWfwsLe.png?1