Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bugs - Are they affecting your gameplay?

Noticed there is ALOT of bugs in The Sims 4 even simple ones such as sims carrying the laundry basket in paranormal activity form as well as freelancer career not 100% working!

Bugs - Are they affecting your gameplay? 141 votes

Game Is Unplayable
22%
Bluefairy286CrazyboutTheSimssims2freak737keekee53NADYSOPHIEBagoas77alejandro15039Cinebargoodcakebaker62catloverplayerKalaniCoolmlmeadowsKhrisstyneMarivannaThenyoukissmeKatari15SummerStreakEvaliynDeKayantcamire 32 votes
There are bugs but doesn't affect my game-play
73%
BluegayleFrn0731Nh6650JoBass24usMRoss18451Icewolfbandit5IceyJColorist40jonilla1PlayerSinger2010Mi9shaoscarWritin_RegIsb917Thunderbat87Mizz_TriceyhaneulSimQueenie9invisiblgirlsimgirl1010 104 votes
What Bugs? Never seen one?
3%
alexspoom13floridameerkatSiliClonenerdfashionCaprianaB 5 votes

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Game Is Unplayable
    Can't select the Occult eyes for my Occult Sim.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    There are bugs and they certainly affect game play. I don't feel they make my game unplayable though.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    I noticed some bugs, but it's not game-breaking for me. I can still play the game without any problems.
    he/him
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    The freelancer careers do work (except perhaps photography - it sounds like there are some bugs with that one). In fact, I was impressed that the original freelancer careers were completely bug-free. They've worked perfectly from day 1.

The crash when leaving CAS if a spellcaster is doing the spellcasting thing is a major bug. (I avoided that, thanks to people who reported it here, but some people had to be the guinea pigs and not everyone reads the forums or other online sites.)

Otherwise, I've got lag and teleporting, but I can live with them. The lag can be a bit annoying when a Sim is doing something boring, like reading, and you want to speed through it, but it's not a game-killer. Switching from ultra to normal and back will fix it for a bit. Also, switching speeds can get a stuck Sim going again. (Sometimes, they'll just sit at the table, staring at their food. Switching speeds will start them eating.) I don't really care about the teleporting.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • There's plenty of bugs but the game isn't unplayable. They do all add up for a fair bit of frustration though.

I don't know why they don't give new releases to the Game Changers for a while before public release, so they can play with all of their packs and then report issues they find. That way they could address more problems before actually selling the product.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I had one bug once that was really gamebreaking to me, it was the one effing up buildmode, I quit playing till it got fixed.
    other than that most bugs don't completely break my game but can be an annoyance or just a shame, minor things like the laundry carrying don't really bother me though.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I can’t vote. There are bugs and it does affect my gameplay but it doesn’t make the game unplayable.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    There are bugs affecting my gameplay, but my game is not unplayable.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Voted the way I did because so far any bug I've encountered was more a frustration than anything else and the effects on my gameplay are minimal. (OP, it would've been great to have a "I have bugs and they affect my gameplay somewhat" option)
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    edited September 2019
    There's bugs, but I can usually work around them. For instance, when the Sims stop -- time goes on, but the Sims just stop moving -- I just hit Esc, and a few seconds later the simulation will start back. I don't know what happens there. Another common one I get is sims doing this repetitive loop getting out of the shower where they're changing from clothes to nude to clothes to nude again. Usually resetsim Firstname Lastname takes care of that. I see sims making out on the couch or hot tub suddenly get stuck and become nonresponsive. Sometimes reset sim works, but if they're in the hot tub they do this Jesus pose and I have to go out into manage worlds and come back in to get them back playable. I haven't seen the toddlers getting things stuck to them anymore, which is a relief, but I never saw it documented as a fix.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I wouldn't say the game is "unplayable" right now, but it has been before. And the bugs are irritating enough that it makes me not want to play.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    This isn't quite true, but it's closer than the above. I've noticed a few bugs, repaired my game and they've mostly been gone. I have had little ones though like the skin details not applying to all outfits and the "get into hair and makeup" goal in the Acting career not working. I don't have any of the newest packs (excluding Island Living, which I rarely use), or very many packs, so bugs aren't as prominent.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Just kidding ahah there are more bugs than in granite falls.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    can't answer to the poll, should of been a fourth option: "there are bugs but sometimes they affect gameplay". i've had a few of them caught by MCCC recently, mostly trying to do basic things like mixing drinks at a bar, the animation happens but there is no mixer in hand, i have a sim try to drink one of those mixed drinks and there is no option, so i have to throw the drink away. that is a more recent one. the most recent MCCC lestexception points to a base game autonomy script failing.

i will run a check on TS4 files to make sure when i can.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2019
    They do kinda take the enjoyment out of game play a little but I wouldn't say that they make the game unplayable. Sims serenading in my game is an issue at the moment cause it keeps causing all sims in the zone to freeze up. Luckily I found a mod to stop autonomous serenading for now until the bug is hopefully fixed. If I didn't use mods though I could see this bug causing me a real headache. Bugs cause frustration.
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    There are bugs affecting my gameplay, but not to the point of being unplayable. Right now the most annoying one is that toddlers will not completely finish their meals. So I’ve resorted to just cheating their hunger need with UI Cheats until it’s resolved.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    They don't affect my gameplay necessarily. TS4 doesn't crash as much as TS3 did.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I see very, very few - like 3 or 4 little oddities now and then but they were tiny, but have not affected the game what so ever. In fact I seldom see them rehappen even.

Like once another sim called mine for a magic duel and I sent my sim right over - the Sim requesting the duel showed up but instead of dueling he jumped on his broom and took back off. As my Sim has had a few duels already I was aware they sometimes move somewhere else to duel - and thought that was the case - but I checked everywhere in the Realm and the requestor was no where to be found.

I can't even say that is a bug but maybe more of a glitch as my Sim has continued to get invites to duels that go just fine both before and after that. So the things I have seen are really minor -

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I agree that a "There are bugs and it impacts my gameplay but not to unplayability" or some variation there of as an option would have been more accurate for me as well.

Most of what I get are minor hiccups - actions cancelling inconveniently, toddlers having to be prompted to eat until they're full, etc. And most major bugs that could impact me so far (Exiting CAS during Occult idle animations causing the game to crash) I've learned of early and work around (though that one is particularly easy - just wait for the animation to finish.)
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Game Is Unplayable
    Without mods my game is unplayable, there are quite a few bugs(features?) that I cant even stand such as everyone stopped whatever they were doing to ooh aah at nearby celebs including the DJs, or family member rushed to front door to cheer on pristine reputation parents, the musical chairs and everyone try to interrupt your eating or reading activities by kissing your cheek or hug you.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I see minor bugs in every game session, and they're annoying, but I ignore them and still enjoy my game.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    There are bugs, but they don't make the game unplayable, just irritating.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    More annoyances than anything. Nothing that’s making the game unplayable by any means.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I watch out for known glitches - like not exiting CAS with a Spellcaster doing their idle animation - and play accordingly. Bugs happen. We get fixes as the team is able to supply them. That's how gaming content goes. No skin off my nose.