Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you forget to include in your sim's Apartment or House while building

I always realize I forget to include something in my sim's apartment/house until I'm playing and my sim complaints or does something else instead of what they're supposed to do.

This time I forgot the garbage can! My sim finished eating and instead of using the garbage can, she used the sink :D

Or, if you have a garbage can, do sims still use the sink? I guess I'lll find out!

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I forget to add a washer and dryer. This is usually a must for me, because I like having certain little things like this in the game.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Garbage cans, always.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Usually at least one room where I completely forget to add lighting until I see it in Live, at night.
  • aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    For apartments, I always forget to set the lock on the door - I hate the neighbours and the way they just stroll in and play on my computer or watch TV without as much as a by-your-leave...
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Every time I decorate either, I forget a radio of some kind,or a bookshelf, or a treasure chest or a gate if it's only way in, lol. I have redone everything I've made or redecorated a gazillion times even just today lol
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I forget mailboxes an outdoor trash cans a lot.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I always forget to buy umbrellas
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My Sims always need a computer, but I often forget to give them one.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I notice I am forever forgetting to add the kitchen sink. Sims definitely let me know it when I forget one too.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Curtains. I often forget them for houses I'm actually building.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    When I'm building, I tend to add a bunch of ceiling lights while I'm decorating and sometimes, in my eagerness to play, I forget to remove some of those ceiling lights before I add a family to the house.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited September 2019
    Building something so grand could easily take 6 hours if you let it, so by the time you are finished you are fried. it isn't a surprise you forget things.

When i built that Keating-Manning Manor a a few months back, that took a lot of time and effort, but i had forgot a number of things, coffee makers, dishwashers, painting a wall in the kitching/dining room. since then i got some packs and it could be improved upon with a few more things and take the overall price to §900,000.

• StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I rarely build, but when I do the trash cans and mailboxes are the last things on my mind, and I only remember when I can't empty trash or wonder why my sim hasn't got any mail in a while. xD
  • NakkihevariNakkihevari Posts: 22 Member
    Trashcans and hampers.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited September 2019
    Trash cans and oddly enough, fridges. I remember the outdoor bin but way too often forget to add one indoors.
    The fridge is mostly because so many of them don't really fit with the kitchens & I get too focused on making the kitchen configuration look good that I forget that, uh, food needs to come from somewhere lol

• VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Toilets, for some reason. Most basic of necessities and I forget to add it somehow.

Another (while not an object but a room) is guest bedrooms, which makes inviting another sim to sleep over kinda awkward.
    "Hey wanna sleep over at my place? Oh dear there's only one bed and two of us, go sleep on the couch"
    EMrBkJP.png
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    kid objects
    i like having kids rooms that are easy to make into normal bedrooms later and hence i ofter forget their stuff needs to fit in too
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • GrouchybeastGrouchybeast Posts: 149 Member
    Vampris wrote: »
    Toilets, for some reason. Most basic of necessities and I forget to add it somehow.

Another (while not an object but a room) is guest bedrooms, which makes inviting another sim to sleep over kinda awkward.
    "Hey wanna sleep over at my place? Oh dear there's only one bed and two of us, go sleep on the couch"

The last house I built I started with two sims as room mates who I planned to have fall in love, and completely forgot I would need two beds at first. One of them slept on the couch for days.
    "Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    I think the things I most often forget are already mentioned - garbage cans (indoor and/or outdoor), mailboxes, dishwashers and hampers.
    I also often forget litter boxes and pet beds, but those last ones aren't really needed though.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • sueplayssimssueplayssims Posts: 126 Member
    I forget bathrooms and end up trying to squeeze a tiny one in.
    Or when I do remember the bathrooms I often forget sinks to go in them and wonder why my Sims use the toilet then go all the way to the kitchen to wash their hands.

Lights are another one although recently Ive improved on that front!
    I have also forgotten to paint walls or add doors in the past. I'm not very good at building!
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    I usually forget one of the following:
    -one (or both) trash cans (inside/outside)
    -the smoke alarm
    -the thermostat
    -toilet paper roll
    Sadly, sometimes I forget one or more in one house. Thankfully, I go back and check when testing it without the move objects cheat on.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    Outside rubbish bin. The lots I tend to playtest on have a rubbish bin on the pavement, so I sometimes miss it during playtesting as well.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I usually keep editing as I go. I don't really try to finish everything before launching play. I guess it makes the house(s) feel personalized.

I probably have limits for my attention span for build/buy mode though I flip into it a lot.

I've noticed that I tend to skimp on decor. I now think there's a happy medium between more stuff than I was playing with and the amount that comes in some downloads.

Every surface doesn't need to be filled with unusable objects though I also appreciate the time that others take.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    I routinely forget trash cans. I don't know why. But, when I do put in a trash can, I use the magic one that turns trash to money, so my sims don't have to waste time taking their garbage out to the curb. Mirrors also have a tendency to be forgotten about.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • MrSunshineMrSunshine Posts: 99 Member
    I don't get why people forget the toilet, because it's the first thing I made after finishing the layout. However, I frequently forget to add decorations in my building, so everytime I play, they always look bare.