Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers Not Finishing Their Food, So I Stick Them in the Highchair All the Time Now

I only noticed this issue in August. I use the highchair about half the time anyway and the other half, I will have them grab food off the counter or table. Apparently I've seen this has been going on for some time? I thought it was maybe because one of my toddlers has the fussy trait and maybe she was just being picky. But I have another toddler with the fussy trait who never put her plate away before finishing her food.

Like I said, I tend to use the highchair anyway and the toddlers will finish all their food. I tested it without my mods and cc and had the same issue. But I didn't think it was mods/cc since other Simmers who don't use either were saying they had this issue.

hAfrlCU.png
Su*ki is one of my fussy toddlers and finishes her food while in the highchair.

This is the tester toddler in a vanilla no mods/cc game
Y2eOZeg.png
He also finished all of his food, but I failed to take a pic :s

4WRzmEM.png
I had Corbin grab food and he ate about half before putting it on the counter.

How long have you all been having this issue? Because like I said, I only noticed it last month. It was probably going on longer, but I had mostly been playing in my singles save and not in my regular family save.

Comments

• Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Having the same issue!! It’s really frustrating trying to play the 100 baby challenge with this but I manage somehow. I think it started around the June patch before island living was released. I have been using high chairs more in my regular families because of this issue as well, they aren’t as glitchy now and at least the toddler eats all the food usually.
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    I feel lousy...I gave up trying to feed toddlers actual meals. There's a ton of plants around the house, and I just have them snack on harvestables when they get hungry.

Me: Oh, is it lunchtime? Eat some lemons and spinach, and you'll be fine!
    Toddler: ...

So I haven't noticed this glitch per se, but I'm not sure I've been in a position to notice.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I have the opposite problem - every time I make one of my adult sims place a toddler in their chair and put food down for them, they immediately take the child out of the chair before their toddler has a chance to start eating and even if I cancel the interaction!

Not sure which issue I'd prefer to have!
  • thecatsred13thecatsred13 Posts: 1 New Member
    I find that if I put my toddler in the chair, get them food, and then if the parent removes the kid, just have the toddler swipe the food off the chair and eat on the floor.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I'm not sure when I started seeing this maybe the patch before this past one. I am about to give up on high chairs at least during thunderstorms and blizzards as my toddler will repeatedly ask her mother or father to get her by an action queue of her need to "run inside". It's pretty frustrating.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I thought they patched the highchair recently. Is this just for toddlers not finishing food? I just recently reinstalled (clean install) my game and none of my Sims will finish food at restaurants. They stop eating and just sit there, I have to reclick the dish to make them finish. Is this a problem with just toddlers or all Sims? Because my Sims won't finish food in restaurants and sometimes at home. It's getting annoying.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I thought they patched the highchair recently. Is this just for toddlers not finishing food? I just recently reinstalled (clean install) my game and none of my Sims will finish food at restaurants. They stop eating and just sit there, I have to reclick the dish to make them finish. Is this a problem with just toddlers or all Sims? Because my Sims won't finish food in restaurants and sometimes at home. It's getting annoying.

its a known bug it happened a month or so ago
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

its a known bug it happened a month or so ago

Thank you. Glad to know they may be aware of it. But it ruins going out to eat. Can't order something else because of plate there blocking the waiter from delivering dessert or something else. And they won't clean up unfinished food so the Sim can have dessert etc. :/
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.