March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What will be in the update before university?

So, considering that the last few expansion packs have had updates that somewhat relates to one aspect of the pack (lounge chairs for island living, glass roofs for green houses with seasons, terrain manipulation to go with the hills of the pinnacles, new roofs to go with the new england architectural style), we'll probably get something that could relate to one aspect of university life. What do you think we'll get?

I don't necessarily think we'll get a big update considering that the stairs update is so recent, but if we did I can see cars and bikes fitting very well with a university pack. I don't live in the us, but from my understanding, getting your first car is often seen as a part of being young adult. Also, university bumper stickers for students or proud parents would be neat. As for bikes, that's what university looks like where I live. My town is a big university town with Scandinavia's oldest university and there are bikes everywhere. At least here, bikes are generally how people get around 🐸🐸🐸🐸 students.

For smaller updates, I'm thinking that bunk beds and loft beds could be made available for everyone, so that they can use those types of beds in other packs too. I'm also thinking that iit could come with functional sports equipment, like a football (both an american and the rest of the world football), maybe goals like they had in sims 3 seasons and something else.

What do you think?

Comments

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Hopefully it'll be a massive overhaul of the schooling system. Adding pre-school for toddlers, more variations of schools for children and teenagers (like private school), more school assignments like tests to study for and essays to write, after school activities such as sports, dance, math club, debate club, etc, school uniforms, and a teaching career.

Realistically, it'll just be something for young adults only.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Hopefully it'll be a massive overhaul of the schooling system. Adding pre-school for toddlers, more variations of schools for children and teenagers (like private school), more school assignments like tests to study for and essays to write, after school activities such as sports, dance, math club, debate club, etc, school uniforms, and a teaching career.

Realistically, it'll just be something for young adults only.

True, that would be a lot to ask for in a mere patch. If they were going to overhaul the education system then an education ep itself would have been the best place to do it.

Personally I’m just hoping they fix up the ROM bugs and sort out the lag many players have been experiencing since downloading it.

• Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    I'm hoping they'll give us new lot types. Lot types like video game arcades,movie theaters,hair/beauty salons and laundromats would go grat in a college town. I'm also hoping EA will give us more than 4-5 measly lots.somethig around 9-10 lots woild be more useful than just 5 measly little lots. Finally,I'm hoping EA will overhaul the apartments and festivals so we could have apartments and festivals in ANY of the worlds we want. I've always wanted to build some spooky apartments in Forgotten Hollow, and have a Flea Market Festival in Brindleton Bay.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I doubt those things would come in a patch. But a school game pack would be pretty awesome for the kiddies.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Atractions or zodiac signs PLEASE
    And bikes.
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    🤞prom event, and a graduation rabbit hole for high schoolers would be awesome!
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm not really expecting anything other than bug fixes, though we could get a small update to the current education system, adding homeschooling and/or study from home similar to the current WFH system unless we get that in the actual pack. Seems to be enough interest in an actuall Generations-type pack that they could make that an EP or GP and add things like prom and such then.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    1. A small update to the current education system so that it meshes with college better
    2. A shared lot type so people can build their own apartments/dorms
    3. Patching in a simple bunk bed like they did with lounge chairs
    4. An update to a base game skill like logic
    5. Adding likes/dislikes

Hopefully with the dorm system we will be able to build hotels
  • andriandri Posts: 16 Member
    I think it will be related to education system in the sims 4. I wish it will be the same with GTW career where we can follow or not our children to school, and the teacher career. It is the only career that missing in the sims 4
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Rebbilina wrote: »
    So, considering that the last few expansion packs have had updates that somewhat relates to one aspect of the pack (lounge chairs for island living, glass roofs for green houses with seasons, terrain manipulation to go with the hills of the pinnacles, new roofs to go with the new england architectural style), we'll probably get something that could relate to one aspect of university life. What do you think we'll get?

I don't necessarily think we'll get a big update considering that the stairs update is so recent, but if we did I can see cars and bikes fitting very well with a university pack. I don't live in the us, but from my understanding, getting your first car is often seen as a part of being young adult. Also, university bumper stickers for students or proud parents would be neat. As for bikes, that's what university looks like where I live. My town is a big university town with Scandinavia's oldest university and there are bikes everywhere. At least here, bikes are generally how people get around plum students.

For smaller updates, I'm thinking that bunk beds and loft beds could be made available for everyone, so that they can use those types of beds in other packs too. I'm also thinking that iit could come with functional sports equipment, like a football (both an american and the rest of the world football), maybe goals like they had in sims 3 seasons and something else.

What do you think?

I'm hoping cars and more pool items.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Seeing as University should be about the Sims themselves and their life experiences I'm hoping for a memories/personalities update to enhance the Sims. But I expect some build mode update to come with the pre expansion patch that's nice to have but wont keep you playing.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Open classes for Elementary & High school. Teens can graduate from High School. A new Upgrading Program for Adults. Backpacks - new school - related Aspirations & Traits in CAS.
  • EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    "Special apartments doors" in the free update, enabling us to make custom apartment lots. And those same doors allow for dorms to be possible in University.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • CAF84CAF84 Posts: 113 Member
    Any changes to the current education system would probably entail very few or probably no new animations and likewise, very few or no new objects, so following kids to school is not going to happen in a free update as it would require huge numbers of new animations and objects. If they do tweak the education system, it would most likely be changes in dialogue boxes, but still rabbit-hole stuff. Maybe there will be a new daycare rabbit-hole option for toddlers that goes beyond the automatic method in game currently that avoids toddlers being left home alone. I can picture possibly semesters crossing over into the current education system with vacations in between, but that would just be a change to the school dialogue box. It wouldn’t have too big an impact on gameplay. Likewise, I can also see a graduation rabbit hole event - perhaps with a new event added too in the form of a graduation party.

I am crying out for a school pack, but I doubt they will get round to doing one now for a long time, if ever.

As for the update, I think bunk beds would be a good bet (they aren’t the norm here in the UK at uni as halls of residence tend to have single occupant rooms, but I believe they’re more common in the US at uni?) and possibly bikes (we have brooms and boats after all), but I wouldn’t expect cars. I think it will be relatively small considering the big update we just got.

I’d be so happy with bunk beds. My kids’ rooms are crying out for them!
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I really like the idea of a pre-school option for toddlers and private/boarding school options for kids/teens. Just rabbit holes like school is currently. (Active school for kids is too much for a free patch). It would make the educational system feel more fleshed out and complete to me. Maybe a special trait for kids which go to pre/private/boarding school? Plus of course you'd have to pay to send your kid which would add an interesting element to education and poor/rich sims.
    I do hope this comes at some point in a patch or even a pack. I'd pay for it.
    In university specifically I'd like to see bunkbeds(been waiting forever) for base game and like Sims 3: University and the juice keg I'd like juice to actually give moodlets when drank, for all bars and drinks and not just specifically from one item.
  • jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    edited September 2019
    I'm hoping they patch in adult classes. An adult can enroll in skill classes and then attend them (as a rabbithole). The benefits could be skill points, career boosts, reward points. The Sims 3 base game had skill classes located in community buildings, and I would like this to return in TS4.

I definitely would also like to see kids have the option to attend private school. It was a fun challenge in the Sims 2 to have a headmaster over and give them tours, dinner and a good schmoozing. That patch would have to include an NPC and uniforms, so a bit more involved than adult education patch.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    As @catloverplayer said pool items would be nice, or even ya know opening the waters in other worlds would be awesome. At this point in the game i don't care about cars though I do miss the restoration activity you could do. I just want these bugs to be addressed before release.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited September 2019
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited September 2019
    Perhaps they'll do a small overhaul of the school system for children and teens? Just make it active so we can follow them if we want, but you can still get your grades up as easily if you don't follow them. And, like the scientist, doctor, and police careers, two new hidden lots: A high school and a grade school. Then, finally, the option to homeschool kids.

That's the dream, but I highly doubt they'll give us so much good content for free.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I honestly don't think they're going to give us open schools. Depending on what sort of pack this is, they may patch in something like homeschooling or private school, so everyone has that opportunity, and then flesh out the school activities in the pack.

But again, it all depends on the pack itself.
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    That's assuming that the next expansion will be University. I'm sceptical.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
    edited September 2019
    I don't know if you guys are big time dreamers or I'm too sceptical, but I don't see open schools ever in Sims 4, and certainly not in a free update.

Honestly I don't even want open schools. Look at how boring and glitchy were the lectures in Sims 3 University. No thanks.