Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Stutum wrote: »
    WolfNate wrote: »
    Making Male sims bore me.

I'm gay so I prefer making guys and rarely make girls :tongue:

That's understandable, one tend to stick with the gender that appeals the most. xD I only make male sims when I want a sim to have lots of kids without the hassle of pregnancy and such. :lol:

No... I'm straight, making female sims is just easier lmao.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2019
    Nyosim wrote: »
    Freechheit wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind any Harry Potter stuff in my game. (Please don't hit me.)

Also Agree with SW, but wanted to piggyback off this: EA has (or used to have?) the license to develop and publish HP games for years and never thought to make content for any Sims game? A few tops (and versions with a scarf ofc) and bottoms in House colors and full body robes would’ve been nice!

Well technically a different EA studio had the rights to make the HP games and they had to stay pretty true to each movie as it came out and book. I do not believe EA could have used those rights to take bits and pieces out of those games and give them to another of it's studios to use in their packs. Plus when I went looking about that very same info (I thought the same as you did) I saw that JKRowling gave the rights to Warner after her agreements and contract with EA ended.

So EA would need to get an agreement from Warner to do anything as Warner owns all the rights since EA's expired.

By the way that info was mentioned on HQ.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member

That's understandable, one tend to stick with the gender that appeals the most. xD I only make male sims when I want a sim to have lots of kids without the hassle of pregnancy and such. :lol:

I'm the same, straight af, and just find it easier to make females rather than males.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

I'm the same, straight plum, and just find it easier to make females rather than males.
    Honestly I just like making cute guys I can look at while playing. The premade ones aren't usually my cup of tea and I tend to prefer guys that are ethnically diverse. Akira Kibo tends to be my go to premade. Watching guy Sims tan and do yoga makes me happy.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

I'm the same, straight plum, and just find it easier to make females rather than males.
    Honestly I just like making cute guys I can look at while playing. The premade ones aren't usually my cup of tea and I tend to prefer guys that are ethnically diverse. Akira Kibo tends to be my go to premade. Watching guy Sims tan and do yoga makes me happy.

I do tend to make and even number of male and female sims, don't get me wrong, I just find it easier to make female sims.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    I want University to be delayed on purpose because of the people who won't shut up for five seconds about it.

Real immature. Nobody stops the farming people from going on about their unecessary requests. If you don't like Uni, don't buy the game or take part in the topic. Simple.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    mika wrote: »
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    I want University to be delayed on purpose because of the people who won't shut up for five seconds about it.

Real immature. Nobody stops the farming people from going on about their unecessary requests. If you don't like Uni, don't buy the game or take part in the topic. Simple.

Implying that the people who constantly post about university don’t post about it in completely unrelated places like the initial Realm of Magic reveal and other threads.
    1. I like sims how they are mostly.

2. I really don’t want turn ons/turn off back. If I press two sims faces together I expect them to kiss. Same for Zodiac signs.

3. Gallery poses should absolutely count as cc and I’m tired of seeing them. I’d be nice if there was a thing for closeups of sims faces, but not like that.

4. I don’t use cc lashes, they’re too intimidating to apply to all of my sims.

5. I don’t really care about freed babies, farms, or cars. Babies are okay as is, and I don’t really want child raising to be even more difficult, the Story of Seasons games exist, and cars would only interest me if they worked like rocket ships. Especially the building part.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I'm sad that we don't get as many random City Living names as we used to.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I don't like creating mean sims.

Ditto
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member

None of those are unpopular opinions. Just check out the feedback forum. 😀

I think the same could be said about most opinions on this thread. :p

I have another:

I think Outdoor Retreat is the best game pack. :#

• IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    edited September 2019
    Trashmagic wrote: »

I have another:

Can't like this (per the rules) because I don't technically agree as there are other game packs I like more. That being said I always heard Outdoor Retreat was the worst, or close to it. I just got it not expecting much (just seemed like the natural choice for a build-a-bundle). Gameplay was fun, there's a whole new aspiration, and the BB and CAS items are already basically constantly in my rotation. I can't believe I went this long without that good good selection of boots. With the way people talk about it, I expected it to be an ugly unplayable hot mess, but I actually really like it.

My biggest complaint honestly is just that "portable inflatable beds" are a cop-out when we should have gotten sleeping bags. Like make one additional animation, you cowards.

But I actually really like the pack a LOT, more than I was expecting to. I'm definitely going to get more use out of it than I do packs like Spa Day and Vampires.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    We love bugs!
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member

I have another:

I like it too! I use it more than Selvadorada.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    We love bugs!
    I love bugs too. It is like discovering a mystery ready to solve.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    The long lifespan setting is a waste of time.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member

I also love Outdoor Retreat! It makes me sad to see it get so little love, especially since someone I love gave it to me. But the clothes and hair are super versatile, granite falls is beautiful, and a lot of the decor I find super usable as well. Plus I love love love the herbalism skill since my Sims always garden. Game packs can be really well-done but also very niche (like vampires, though I love it) and I feel like Outdoor Retreat does a great job of easily crossing different play styles and boundaries.

• mosmaniacmosmaniac Posts: 5 New Member
    I cannot stand the ugly randomly generated townies and I wish there was a way to turn them off. I think it would make the "neighborhood" concept a lot more interesting if it was actually sims that live and work in the world that are roaming around.

That being said, I truly miss open world. I loved everything about TS3 and would've been happy to see it continue forever lol.
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    edited September 2019
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    1. I like sims how they are mostly.

2. I really don’t want turn ons/turn off back. If I press two sims faces together I expect them to kiss. Same for Zodiac signs.

3. Gallery poses should absolutely count as cc and I’m tired of seeing them. I’d be nice if there was a thing for closeups of sims faces, but not like that.

4. I don’t use cc lashes, they’re too intimidating to apply to all of my sims.

5. I don’t really care about freed babies, farms, or cars. Babies are okay as is, and I don’t really want child raising to be even more difficult, the Story of Seasons games exist, and cars would only interest me if they worked like rocket ships. Especially the building part.

Agree with all except number 5.
    I know people keep asking for The Sims 2’s memory system back, but I’d like to be able to delete sims I don’t like without corrupting my game. And I’m not just talking about the random sims, I just don’t always want the same sims all the time. And memories in The Sims 3 were overdone. Congratulations, you found a rock, this is definitely worth remembering!

Cinematic cutscenes seem like they’d get old pretty fast.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top