Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you hope University Adds?

Comments

• spaceisstrangespaceisstrange Posts: 84 Member
    I really hope we'll be able to form bands. Maybe new instruments will be added, like drums, bass, electric guitar etc. A lot of people form bands while they're in uni, and I've been hoping for more music related content for a while.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I'm hoping it adds:

Online learning
    More careers (teacher career for sure)
    Customizable schools
    Cinema
    Pool table
    Photo booths
    Murphy beds
    Bikes
    Non playable roommates
    Scholarships, tuition fees, work study
    Ability to choose a major & minor
    Dorms we can build
    Consequences if our sims are slacking & rewards if they are studying hard
    Mini fridge / takeout
    Vending Machines

Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• y'all forgetting small telescopes
    y'all got bread?
    • Bunkbeds
    • Small Telescopes
    • Backpacks
    • New Arcade Machines
    • Proper Laptops
    • Goth and Punk Radio Stacion
    • Varsity Teams
    • Social Groups
    • Woohoo and everything
    • Ladders
    • Bunkbeds
    • Bicycles
    y'all got bread?
  • SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member
    After reading all the comments I have been swayed by so many ideas from other players, I would like to see:

Some addition or an overhaul to the schooling system as a whole, not just YA. It could be following them to school like an active career but I think this unlikely or it could be a new testing system where kids right a test mid week and an exam end week which affect their report card and getting a good report as a kid gets you into a better highschool, good toddler skills get you into a good elementary school. Even if they just change the names of schools like in TS3. There could also be an art school etc for different kid aspirations.

Boarding schools options, potentially to follow kids there but even rabbit hole style like TS3 where they learn specific skills
    School clubs like Newspaper, Debate where they can learn skills and potentially some rabbit hole tasks where they come back with trophies

I think there should be rabbit hole award ceremonies where kids who did well at sports, art academics etc get trophies to bring hoem

SATs type entrance exams

Majors and Minors with lots of options like TS2 where maybe you study philosophy and it also contributes to other careers like politics.

One uni class should be active and potentially an active exam like for a chef you cook for your exam, a painter has to paint or do an art task, politicians give speeches, computer programmers write a program.

I like all the classic movie American university things like Frats, Keggers and big parties etc but understand maybe everyone doesn't want that.

I would like to more classic uni sports and games like football, hackey sack, pool.

Dorms, room mates etc

Also rabbit hole University and Online University for people who want to study at home.

A new online dating system, potentially an attraction system although they may save this for a romance pack

I just think all our lists are too long and someone is going to get disappointed in some way.
  • Fallenxroses7Fallenxroses7 Posts: 92 Member
    edited September 2019
    University Packs are more then just about college and education. They also add stuff and new lot types.

What I'm hoping to see added
    Wild Parties
    Keg Drinking
    Dares
    Online Dating Feature
    Spin The Bottle
    Vibrating Heart Shaped Beds
    Shower Woohoo
    Woohooty Texts
    Kissing Booths
    Photobooths
    Working Cinemas

I want basically all of these! romance is so shallow in ts4... they need to do something about that!

edit: forgot to include what I thought would be cool myself oop-

- Sketchbooks
    - Band creation
    - more party options
    - actually get invited to parties more often
    - thats it I don't even care for this pack that much lmao
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    lexus20 wrote: »
    Bunk beds and pool tables are a must for me. I'll be very disappointed if they aren't included since this is the perfect opportunity to add those objects and I really miss them. Some other things I would like to see:
    -More gym equipment (exercise bike, pull-up bar, weightlifting bench, etc.)
    -Soccer net
    -Standalone showerhead (like in TS2 University, with no walls around it, just the showerhead, taps and drain)
    -Urinals
    -Roommates/dorm/apartment system (customizable, unlike CL apartments)
    -Chalkboards/Whiteboards
    -Vending machines
    -Ping pong table
    -Body hair
    -Mini fridge

Literally said everything I'm hoping for!
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    All I want are unplayable roommates and dorms of some type.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    -Dorms obviously (hopefully we will be able to place dorm lots in other worlds, cause hotels in Sulani)
    -Online dating
    -Piercings
    -Crazy parties
    -More than one uni to choose from
    -Bikes
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    One-sided relationships.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I know there won't be any lower education for teens and kids. It will only be centered on YA college/university stage. Go back to past Uni packs, list all the features and then cut that list down to about 33% and you'll have a more accurate list of what to expect.

Every EP has been smaller with fewer features. They have been done better and more artistic but they have been smaller than past packs. Why do people think every EP will be huge and have tons of game play that no other pack has ever had. Need I remind you of Cats & Dogs vs. Pets.

Cats and dogs (and lets not forget rodents) compared to dogs, cats, horses, lizards, turtles, snakes, rodents, ants and birds. And not just one but many breeds of these in S3 for the smaller pets too.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I really hope we'll be able to form bands. Maybe new instruments will be added, like drums, bass, electric guitar etc. A lot of people form bands while they're in uni, and I've been hoping for more music related content for a while.

While I'm really hoping for a separate bands gamepack, Uni is probably the best alternative for adding them.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    College Tunes (with a hip hop song called Big Moe in it)
    College Rock (Just like how The Sims 2: University and The Sims 3: University Life both got rock music)
    R&B (If it features minor aspects of dating with college proms)
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    I hope it adds more romance options, slow dancing, and tag (from TS3).
  • youilivefor92youilivefor92 Posts: 62 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Sports
    Online degrees
    Pool tables
    Bunk beds
    Mini fridges

Oooh. Love the idea of online degrees. Another idea I've had an would love to see would be careers and/or career tracks that only become available if you've gone to uni, AND trade schools with careers that are only available by going to trade schools. Unlikely to happen probably, but it'd be interesting to play out. As would online degrees. Stay at home parents able to get a degree online w/o leaving their kids and then able to advance to say lvl. 4/5 of a career w/o ever leaving their home. That would be pretty cool.
  • HollowHexagonHollowHexagon Posts: 5 New Member
    All I can think about is the TV show Community lol, definitely creating a study group!

Really hoping they add:

>Sports teams! basketball/hockey/rugby or football would be my top choices.
    >Scholarships
    >More than one collage/university option. School rivalries would be a lot of fun.
    >Over-ear headphones would be cool
    >Mini fridges
    >Portable laptops, so sims can study anywhere!
    >Really like the online course idea too
  • HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    In love with so many of these ideas. I have thought of a few of them myself, but there are some really cool ones on here. Let's hope some of these actually happen.
    HSau :)
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I’d like to see:

Plantsims like they were in TS3.

A college prep aspiration for teens that involves stuff like getting an A in school and stuff like that.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited September 2019
    All I can think about is the TV show Community lol, definitely creating a study group!

Really hoping they add:

>Sports teams! basketball/hockey/rugby or football would be my top choices.
    >Scholarships
    >More than one collage/university option. School rivalries would be a lot of fun.
    >Over-ear headphones would be cool
    >Mini fridges
    >Portable laptops, so sims can study anywhere!
    >Really like the online course idea too

We have basketball. It came with City Living.
  • ayyitsmellayyitsmell Posts: 434 Member
    - Different school options (at least 2 or 3 universities to choose from, whichever suits your sim best) so maybe its one big world with three different campuses (similar to san myshuno districts) or three new worlds unlocked based on your sim's selection. This also allows the different teams from these different schools to compete against one another.
    - Majors/Minors: Design, History, Education, Business, Science, Hospitality, Interior Design/Architecture, Engineering, Agriculture, Law Enforcement, Communications/English, Entertainment/Art, Recreational, Psychology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Media/Film/Journalism, Humanities, Social Service, Health/Medical
    - Competitive sports and tailgate/sports parties, Cheerleading/Gymnastics, Powerlifting competitions
    - Cheerleading
    - Fraternities/Sororities
    - Party opportunities that pop up around campus or college town (our sim is invited to random parties in people's dorms, sorority or fraternity houses, etc)
    - Events in main school hall (like career fairs, sorority/fraternity recruitments, athletic events, school spirit parades with mascots and cheerleaders)
    - Online Dating apps (tinder, bumble, hinge) also I want to be able to create + edit profiles, add preferences, etc
    - Old cars to fix up and use (my first car kind of thing)
    - Bookstore where students can buy or rent books, buy school gear (like jackets, sweaters, pjs)
    - Scholarships, Internships, Shadowing, School Trips (to observe working environments)
    - Graduation caps (original colors and customized options)
    - Sketchbooks, Art classes
    - Extracurricular classes/seminars that they can attend
    - Interactive classrooms (we can see our sims in class taking notes, dazing off, using phones, chatting, presenting, constructing models, drawing, etc)
    - More takeout delivery options (fried rice, noodles, burgers, pizza, late snacks/desserts)
    - Practicing presentations (the more you practice, the more confident sim will appear when presenting vs winging it and then looking nervous)
    - Kegs, shotskis, funnels, chugging, jello shots, etc (similar to juicing in sims 3)
    - Dorm rooms (editable please), Roommates that we cannot control
    - Murphy beds, bunk beds, vibrating beds, IKEA or Target furniture, fluffy rugs, rolling hampers, bean bags
    - Healthy eating (different diets, juice cleanses (juicers/blenders, kombucha), big salads, more teas and coffees
    - Vending machines with energy drinks, snacks, school supplies, hygenic products, etc)

P.S. I am hoping all lots would be editable
    Ayy It's Mell ♥

• domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    I think it would be cool if all sims who were either at the top of their career, or have level 10 in a skill, could moonlight as a professor and teach for extra money.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    ayyitsmell wrote: »
    - Different school options (at least 2 or 3 universities to choose from, whichever suits your sim best) so maybe its one big world with three different campuses (similar to san myshuno districts) or three new worlds unlocked based on your sim's selection. This also allows the different teams from these different schools to compete against one another.
    - Majors/Minors: Design, History, Education, Business, Science, Hospitality, Interior Design/Architecture, Engineering, Agriculture, Law Enforcement, Communications/English, Entertainment/Art, Recreational, Psychology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Media/Film/Journalism, Humanities, Social Service, Health/Medical
    - Competitive sports and tailgate/sports parties, Cheerleading/Gymnastics, Powerlifting competitions
    - Cheerleading
    - Fraternities/Sororities
    - Party opportunities that pop up around campus or college town (our sim is invited to random parties in people's dorms, sorority or fraternity houses, etc)
    - Events in main school hall (like career fairs, sorority/fraternity recruitments, athletic events, school spirit parades with mascots and cheerleaders)
    - Online Dating apps (tinder, bumble, hinge) also I want to be able to create + edit profiles, add preferences, etc
    - Old cars to fix up and use (my first car kind of thing)
    - Bookstore where students can buy or rent books, buy school gear (like jackets, sweaters, pjs)
    - Scholarships, Internships, Shadowing, School Trips (to observe working environments)
    - Graduation caps (original colors and customized options)
    - Sketchbooks, Art classes
    - Extracurricular classes/seminars that they can attend
    - Interactive classrooms (we can see our sims in class taking notes, dazing off, using phones, chatting, presenting, constructing models, drawing, etc)
    - More takeout delivery options (fried rice, noodles, burgers, pizza, late snacks/desserts)
    - Practicing presentations (the more you practice, the more confident sim will appear when presenting vs winging it and then looking nervous)
    - Kegs, shotskis, funnels, chugging, jello shots, etc (similar to juicing in sims 3)
    - Dorm rooms (editable please), Roommates that we cannot control
    - Murphy beds, bunk beds, vibrating beds, IKEA or Target furniture, fluffy rugs, rolling hampers, bean bags
    - Healthy eating (different diets, juice cleanses (juicers/blenders, kombucha), big salads, more teas and coffees
    - Vending machines with energy drinks, snacks, school supplies, hygenic products, etc)

P.S. I am hoping all lots would be editable

This is like everything I'd want in an University pack.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• HollowHexagonHollowHexagon Posts: 5 New Member
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > We have basketball. It came with City Living.

Yeah I know. I meant to have actual university sports teams they could join! Basketball would definitely be the easiest, since they have already introduced it to the game in one form.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 783 Member
    edited September 2019
    Wht we hope for:

Murphy beds

Cinemas

Game arcades

Laundromats

Bicycles

Rental lot type that works anywhere in any of the worlds

8-15 lots

What EA will most likely give us:

A library

A bar

A gym

4-5 measly tiny lots

I really wouldn't be too surprised if EA plunked bars,gyms and other base game venues in Farming and other future packs as well. I guess they've gotten too lazy to think of interesting new lot types...

EA also says they "can't make any more large worlds like Windenburg because our game engines can't handle large worlds",but I don't even believe that. If that was true,EA couldn't of made Brindleton Bay and all its lots.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I really want another world with more than four or five lots.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: