Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any idea what the "Curse of Scrambled Spells" actually does?

It was said that casting spells will have random powerful results, but I haven't seen any negative effects on my spellcaster after casting many spells. So, any idea what changes after you have this curse?

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
  • Options
    onlyabidoangonlyabidoang Posts: 82 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

Thanks for trying to help! But unfortunately, I've read that article and all it provides regarding the "Scrambled Spells" curse is just the same vague description the game already stated, which is my current question right now.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Your spells will fail and backfire more often. My sim tried to cast teleport and conjured food instead. Her husband laughed at her lol. Wait until you get the laughing curse - HILARIOUS, especially when around other sims.

—T
  • Options
    onlyabidoangonlyabidoang Posts: 82 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    Your spells will fail and backfire more often. My sim tried to cast teleport and conjured food instead. Her husband laughed at her lol. Wait until you get the laughing curse - HILARIOUS, especially when around other sims.

—T
    That sounds interesting. Thanks for the answer! And yeah, I already got the laughing curse and the whole family started laughing uncontrollably lol
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    abidoang wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »

—T
    That sounds interesting. Thanks for the answer! And yeah, I already got the laughing curse and the whole family started laughing uncontrollably lol

That sounds deadly.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I've never heard of this one but on BRAWL DAY my sims spell backfired and he was cursed with the FIGHT curse where everyone wants to fight your sim. So, my sim had it with both barrels. Sims were lining up to fight him. At least three sims in his cue that want to punch him. After one fight, a new sim would show up in his cue. It was pretty funny.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    When my Sim had it (at the same time as the uncontrollable charge one), I ended up with fire, a duplicated litter box, and general mayhem.
    I think it will only use spells that your SIm already knows so the end result does depend on that.

Basically, whatever you try to cast, there's a high chance that you'll actually cast something different. (cue the fire and duplication of things)