Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daughters of the Warrioress Gen 2 - Updated 05/30

Comments

• SpectresValkyrieSpectresValkyrie Posts: 317 Member
    This chapter was a great way to start my Friday. It was a beautiful and heartbreaking read.

I never thought that Protego loved her that much, it was obvious he cared for Zeuxippe but I was never aware of how much. It is easy to see how much Penthesilea shook up Zeuxippe's world from the glimpses of time before and now. From Zeuxippe's point of view, I can see why she would see Penthesilea as an enemy, especially now. That image of her in the doorway is especially victorious. I would not want to be her enemy.

Penthesilea has done what she needs to despite her own feelings. Everything with Haimon, Io and Chrysippos. I feel for both women. After this I don't know if I can still fully dislike Zeuxippe. Part of me wishes Protego would have gone with Zeuxippe, a sort of Happy ending for some star-crossed love but it probably wouldn't have ended well. at least this way Protego gets to spend his time with his daughter and with people that love him.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • DamaroDamaro Posts: 387 Member
    T_T
    I had hoped Penny had secretly given Protego permission and encouragement to run away with his love, one last act of generosity to her enemy (and to ensure that Zeuxippe wont return for good). But well, Penthesilea wouldn't have done that to Phyllis I guess.

Anyway, amazing chapter as always :D
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Le gasp! A new chapter to read!! <3
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    It was so sad and very emotional chapter... But I'm proud of Protego, finally, he was very brave choosing his daughter... Although the loss of his beloved Queen broke his heart.
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    WagonFruit wrote: »
    WAT IS HAPPENING
    AAAAAAA

I swear it was the goblings it wasn't me!!!
    This chapter was a great way to start my Friday. It was a beautiful and heartbreaking read.

I never thought that Protego loved her that much, it was obvious he cared for Zeuxippe but I was never aware of how much. It is easy to see how much Penthesilea shook up Zeuxippe's world from the glimpses of time before and now. From Zeuxippe's point of view, I can see why she would see Penthesilea as an enemy, especially now. That image of her in the doorway is especially victorious. I would not want to be her enemy.

Penthesilea has done what she needs to despite her own feelings. Everything with Haimon, Io and Chrysippos. I feel for both women. After this I don't know if I can still fully dislike Zeuxippe. Part of me wishes Protego would have gone with Zeuxippe, a sort of Happy ending for some star-crossed love but it probably wouldn't have ended well. at least this way Protego gets to spend his time with his daughter and with people that love him.

Fridays always start will with chapters *hinthinthint, looks at you*

You're so right in so many ways. Zeuxippe may be the loser but it's a bitter victory. Apart from Phyllis, nobody has reached the happy ending. Not even Penthesilea. And man, yeah, her grin was evil :/ Zeuxippe and her are very similar, both of them give back as they were given.
    Maybe that's what actually makes Penny the better queen. When she was needed to, she sacrificed everything for the tribe that was necessary while Zeuxippe spared Protego when it was wrong. Had she given him away sooner, nothing of all that would have happened. Although you could argue the morality of Penny's doing :#
    No, it would indeed not have ended well. They would have been caught even if Protego had been able to sneak away. This is honestly the best ending he could have had and despite the circumstances, he will actually enjoy it a little more than Zeuxippe was convinced ;)
    Damaro wrote: »
    T_T
    I had hoped Penny had secretly given Protego permission and encouragement to run away with his love, one last act of generosity to her enemy (and to ensure that Zeuxippe wont return for good). But well, Penthesilea wouldn't have done that to Phyllis I guess.

Anyway, amazing chapter as always :D

Wet whut you think she would give Zeuxippe the satisfaction of getting Protego back? With me as her literary mother? O.o Although, the idea of her not returning for sure does have its charme :D
    But yeah, not only Protego has a soft spot for Phyllis (but don't tell Penny cause she might kill me for ruining her image kay?)
    Haflinger wrote: »

Yes! Le surprise!
    And guess what? I've finally bought Assassin's Creed Odyssey and actually have time to play it now! :scream:
    It was so sad and very emotional chapter... But I'm proud of Protego, finally, he was very brave choosing his daughter... Although the loss of his beloved Queen broke his heart.

That is probably the bravest deed Protego will ever accomplish... And he is also the character with the most development. Everyone else may have lived through their greatest fear but he is the only one who consciously made a decision in its favor :scream: Proud of our boy, although he lost his heart <3
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26

Yes! Le surprise!
    And guess what? I've finally bought Assassin's Creed Odyssey and actually have time to play it now! :scream:

Le Yippeh!!!
    Hurrah for AC:Odyssey! Are you having totes fun running around as Kassandra or is Alexios more your style?

Yes! Le surprise!

Le Yippeh!!!
    Hurrah for AC:Odyssey! Are you having totes fun running around as Kassandra or is Alexios more your style?

I do think the first playing through will be with Alexios. You know, as long as I will fail terribly at fighting because it's my first game ever on playstation :D
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26

Yes! Le surprise!

Le Yippeh!!!

I do think the first playing through will be with Alexios. You know, as long as I will fail terribly at fighting because it's my first game ever on playstation :D

Enjoy! I shan't say anything more for ... reasons. Reasons you must discover.

Yes! Le surprise!

Le Yippeh!!!

Oh goodness. You mean person! :D If the game wants the player to play both characters, I hope Kassandra will be included late enough for me to actually learn how to defeat enemies :D
    Have you already played through it all?
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26

Yes! Le surprise!

Le Yippeh!!!

Oh goodness. You mean person! :D If the game wants the player to play both characters, I hope Kassandra will be included late enough for me to actually learn how to defeat enemies :D

😈😁 … but therein lies the mystery of the game, hehe. So I must be mean and Not. Spoil. Anything. 😇

I have! Kassandra was my choice though, and I found out she’s technically the canon character as it stands. Can’t hardly blame me for wanting to play a female character after how many games of watching Ezio’s backside and Altair’s, and both Kenways and that dude from Rogue … Shay, I think. Plus the Unity guy. They’ve all been nice eye candy though 😍. Syndicate and Origins got more lady action (gotta love Evie and Aya) but Odyssey has been all, yay … warrior woman! Helps that she’s Spartan. 😂

Yes! Le surprise!

Le Yippeh!!!

😈😁 … but therein lies the mystery of the game, hehe. So I must be mean and Not. Spoil. Anything. 😇

I have! Kassandra was my choice though, and I found out she’s technically the canon character as it stands. Can’t hardly blame me for wanting to play a female character after how many games of watching Ezio’s backside and Altair’s, and both Kenways and that dude from Rogue … Shay, I think. Plus the Unity guy. They’ve all been nice eye candy though 😍. Syndicate and Origins got more lady action (gotta love Evie and Aya) but Odyssey has been all, yay … warrior woman! Helps that she’s Spartan. 😂

Lol sorry for the late reply, I've kind of spent most of the time in Ancient Greece :D I understand why that was one of the things that held you back from writing :smirk:
    Yeah, in hindsight I could just as well have chosen Kassandra... You get used to the controls pretty fast. Only disadvantage is Alexios is burning all the time because I don't see the fire places :joy:
    Whoa, yeah. I admit it's my first AC game ever and that was a tough decision between the both already... No doubt you're tired of male backs by now :D Ha, yeah the being Spartan part really helps in that case!
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    edited October 2019
    Hey guys, I’m not quite a Halloween fan but to those of you who are (and those who aren’t), here’s a little treat for today :wink: An at least somewhat spooky poem, beginning of a hymn recounting the story of Labdake, the myth Phyllis and Protego reenacted in Chapter 42.
    Have fun tonight and please stay safe while partying!

“Once on a pointed mountain’s top a regal city laid
    that kings had not besieged yet, the wind it never swayed
    With unmatched beauty, blazing charm, its towers scraped the sky
    and every sturdy stone there breathed: ‘beware, for death is nigh’

Thus quite some wanderer heard its threat resounding from black stone
    and well those did that left the place where fatal phantoms roam
    High soon piled up in pit and edge the bodies that fell prey
    eclipsing all except the wretch that nursed the will to slay

The wretch whose name the blades would sing that took so many lives
    King Memnon whose abode adorns grim Cratos’ bleakest highs”
    Post edited by MrsRacooney on
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    edited November 2019
    @candycottonchu dared a few people on tumblr to post their characters' heights and because it's been one of my favorite tags hands down, I will post it here as well. And I challenge all of you to do the same with your characters, you can look up the rules here

In case that you wonder why they're all so small, people in ancient times were smaller - so if you're seeking for modern heights, give them about +10 cm

5a4MccL.jpg
    Post edited by MrsRacooney on
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    yes, I was surprised that they are so small! xD and Haimon and Protego are small even with +10cm, but then again I guess slaves had much worse nutrition than their owners too, which could affect their body.
    @candycottonchu Haha, they are! :smiley: And your assumption is right - Haimon's parents were very poor and in Protego's home tribe, slaves had close to no worth whatsoever so of course they didn't get a "healthy diet" or even enough to eat at all (poor Protego :'( )
    Serkon, Lyta, Phyllis, Cassy and actually Thersandros were the only ones growing up in real abundance (and Phyllis didn't have a true chance to become tall with her parents :D )
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Good morning, world! Poor neglected pharmacy students are finally rising from their learning phase. Along the way, Phyllis and Cass would like to share the success of their training with you!
    R817clf.jpg

At top of that, Lyta and Phyllis along with Serkon's sons thank you so, so much for 32k views (because the 30k was kind of long ago, whoops!). You are amazing and I hope you're all well, healthy and being creative :smiley:
    eHhrguc.jpg
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    edited March 2020
    ahhhhh look at them being all so happy and healthy!!
    But Penny with white hair makes me a little sad :'(

Also since you have free time home on lockdown that means new chapter, right? :smirk:
    ahhhhh look at them being all so happy and healthy!!
    But Penny with white hair makes me a little sad :'(

Also since you have free time home on lockdown that means new chapter, right? :smirk:

Yes! They're all having a very good time atm! The newcomers sure help with that :smiley:
    It's so weird! :D Penny has had grey strands for as long as we can remember though so it was only logical she would go prematurely white... She still has a lot of time with us 🥳

Ehehe. Similar to you, it seems! :sweat_smile: A chapter might come within the next few days or week, given or taken
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    edited March 2020
    uHFgYAr.jpg

I’m still in denial myself but after seven months, the gen 1 finale is finally online! Reminisce a little with Penny and see the last few loose threads combine! :smiley:
    And, well, we might have one or two newcomers make their first appearance as well :smirk:
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • SpectresValkyrieSpectresValkyrie Posts: 317 Member
    It feels both wonderful and strange that the first generation is finished. Penny's life had her ups and downs but it was an adventure. Seeing characters grow and change depending many factors was great. Seeing the betrayals, clashes of different tribes or different cultures was a good time. Wonderfully done chapter and ending to Penny's time leading.

I can't wait to meet all the new characters! I am excited for the next generation.
    ETagn5d.jpg
    It feels both wonderful and strange that the first generation is finished. Penny's life had her ups and downs but it was an adventure. Seeing characters grow and change depending many factors was great. Seeing the betrayals, clashes of different tribes or different cultures was a good time. Wonderfully done chapter and ending to Penny's time leading.

I can't wait to meet all the new characters! I am excited for the next generation.

I absolutely agree! It feels right to put an end to this stage but also so weird. Your comment summarizes the time perfectly 😭
    Yes! I can't wait either, and we will meet a lot of submitted characters within the next three chapters already! And of course the more grown-up teens and kids of the tribe
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
    Short chapters do have undeniable advantages ;)

We are starting into gen 2!
    N6DCDOU.jpg
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • MionaxMionax Posts: 287 Member
    I started reading your story. Its great!
    Origin ID:Mionax
    Origin #: madebymionax
  • SarahkaySarahkay Posts: 362 Member
    I'm so happy you're back! Maybe now I'll have the inspiration to get back into my tribe. :D
    Cant wait for the first chapter! Don't take to long now lol.
    Mionax wrote: »
    I started reading your story. Its great!

Welcome to the tribe! 😁 I'm very glad you like what you read so far
    Sarahkay wrote: »
    I'm so happy you're back! Maybe now I'll have the inspiration to get back into my tribe. :D
    Cant wait for the first chapter! Don't take to long now lol.

Oooh, I'd love if you got back to it! 😍 There's a terrible lack of all my fav stories these days, that would at least make one less to miss! 🥺
    Well, can't promise anything but since uni will take place from home the plan is to continue writing
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26