The latest update addressed the crashing issue that some of you have been experiencing, Click here to found out more!
November 27 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here.

unpopular opinions

Comments

  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 910 Member
    I am perfectly happy with the level of difficulty, consequences, and adversity (or lack thereof😄) in the game. Even in past versions my sims never experienced failure states, meteors, death, etc.

    Same, everything I remember being "difficult" in TS2 was from being a kid and not knowing how to play the game, obvs over time I learned how, but there was no real difficulty with playing after mastering the game and after learning maxmotives...
  • lucy_kathelucy_kathe Posts: 3 New Member
    i like MFP stuff pack and use the furnishing items often, especially in kids rooms
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 910 Member
    edited September 2019
    I don't want more lifestates between what's already there or gradual ageing, I find that it would be entirely pointless.

    I don't want to "free the baby," I think they're fine as is, like irl you can't do much with babies, other than feed, clean and play with/stimulate their minds which is all you really need in-game.

    Preteens are a bad idea and are certainly not needed, if anything, something needs to be done to differentiate between Teens and Young Adults in the game as they are far too similar imho.

    I don't have a burning need for body-hair to be added to the sims, (other than beards).

    I think mermaids are fine as is and I don't miss the underwater lots, diving or houseboats from TS3.

    Edit: I am indifferent towards a farming pack and university. I went through enough hell of my own with Uni, I don't want to send my sims through that.
  • NahlhaNahlha Posts: 54 New Member
    I dont like supernaturals.
    I dont really care for Island Living or Realm Of Magic.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Cars would never work in the sims 4.
    Maybe, but they worked in the Sims 2 and honestly those are my favorite despite the closed world how they would pull out of the driveway. It was cool building a car from scratch in that game too.

    The carpools, limos, taxis, and schoolbuses in the Sims 1 were fun too. Was funny when Drew Carey would show up for popular parties in a limo.

    Maybe. It's just that not every lot in the game connects to the road. Some in willow creek, for example, have a fence between the lot and the road.

    The only way it would work is if the cars just magically teleported from the lot the road but then how many people are going to be ok with that? And some worlds dont even have a proper road, like the island in windenburg (I believe)

    And then we just drive down the road for 2 seconds and get a loading screen? That was acceptable for the sims 2 but what's the point in the sims 4?
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • FreechheitFreechheit Posts: 110 Member
    I wouldn't mind more Star Wars stuff in my game. (Please don't hit me.)
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 4,288 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    73.6% of all forum discourse consists of passive-aggressive remarks aimed at irritating people in the other camp.

    Very specific lol :D
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,732 Member
    Making Male sims bore me.
    tumblr_n1yxrjxXD81toamj8o1_500.gif
  • Fallenxroses7Fallenxroses7 Posts: 92 Member
    Here are just some things I've already listed +more but in one big thing:

    - I don't care for witches.
    - I think mermaids were the best occult
    - Family gameplay is repetitive and boring
    - I don't really care about the lore for all these premades (except for some of the ogs like landgraab and goth)
    - Sims 4 is more fun than sims 3. (Love the sims 3, but it was laggy and got boring fast even with all packs.)
    - I don't want university
    - My first pet stuff, moschino, romantic garden were the best stuff packs
    - parenthood was a waste of my money. only good part of it were build/buy and cas (it just doesn't fit my playstyle +some other issues it had)
    - alpha cc is ugly (especially hair)
    - I didn't enjoy seasons as much as I did in Sims 3.
    - the new loading screen with the dark blue is even uglier than the one with the bright blue
    - all the complaints with RoM with those non matching roof tiles and stairs to nowhere were kinda stupid and most people were overreacting (it's fine to point out these things but ❤️❤️❤️❤️ did people whine about it.)
    - I enjoyed Island Living more than any other pack in the game
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 2,275 Member
    Freechheit wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind more Star Wars stuff in my game. (Please don't hit me.)
    LOL, gave you an awesome for your honesty😂
  • NyosimNyosim Posts: 813 Member
    Freechheit wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind any Harry Potter stuff in my game. (Please don't hit me.)

    Also Agree with SW, but wanted to piggyback off this: EA has (or used to have?) the license to develop and publish HP games for years and never thought to make content for any Sims game? A few tops (and versions with a scarf ofc) and bottoms in House colors and full body robes would’ve been nice!
    900woh.png
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,263 Member
    Making Male sims bore me.

    I'm gay so I prefer making guys and rarely make girls :tongue:
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,043 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    Making Male sims bore me.

    I'm gay so I prefer making guys and rarely make girls :tongue:

    That's understandable, one tend to stick with the gender that appeals the most. xD I only make male sims when I want a sim to have lots of kids without the hassle of pregnancy and such. :lol:
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,263 Member
    Stutum wrote: »
    That's understandable, one tend to stick with the gender that appeals the most. xD I only make male sims when I want a sim to have lots of kids without the hassle of pregnancy and such. :lol:

    I also never date taking care of multiple sims is annoying
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,043 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    Stutum wrote: »
    That's understandable, one tend to stick with the gender that appeals the most. xD I only make male sims when I want a sim to have lots of kids without the hassle of pregnancy and such. :lol:

    I also never date taking care of multiple sims is annoying

    Agreed, going on dates is a hassle, too much work.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 2,176 Member
    I'd take my sims on dates if there was more romantic stuff to do though there ain't enough romantic interactions
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,043 Member
    First thing I do when I start a new game is cleaning out the calendar for holidays.
  • Fallenxroses7Fallenxroses7 Posts: 92 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I'd take my sims on dates if there was more romantic stuff to do though there ain't enough romantic interactions

    me too!! I'd pay for a whole pack just full of romantic socials..
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 19,455 Member
    edited September 2019
    Scobre wrote: »
    Cars would never work in the sims 4.
    Maybe, but they worked in the Sims 2 and honestly those are my favorite despite the closed world how they would pull out of the driveway. It was cool building a car from scratch in that game too.

    The carpools, limos, taxis, and schoolbuses in the Sims 1 were fun too. Was funny when Drew Carey would show up for popular parties in a limo.

    Maybe. It's just that not every lot in the game connects to the road. Some in willow creek, for example, have a fence between the lot and the road.

    The only way it would work is if the cars just magically teleported from the lot the road but then how many people are going to be ok with that? And some worlds dont even have a proper road, like the island in windenburg (I believe)

    And then we just drive down the road for 2 seconds and get a loading screen? That was acceptable for the sims 2 but what's the point in the sims 4?
    That is an interesting and very good point. Base game would need to be recoded probably if they were to be delivered. I know the base game neighborhoods have changed drastically since I bought the game in 2014. There are actual streetlights and crosswalks now, so I think roads to lots would be doable. Well Sims 4 does loading screens for transportation with portals and boats, so honestly I wouldn't mind for cars too and even horses. I actually wouldn't mind more transportation options with bikes or skateboards either. Whole base game neighborhoods would have to be recoded to open world to handle all transportation differently. So no I don't think because Sims 4 is a closed world, cars should be treated any differently from the transportation in the game. I would love if teens got taught how to drive a car while staying in their hood too.

    I actually thought of this all day and you are right about the lots. I was thinking where I live there are rural areas. If we do get cars I hope we get four wheel drive and two wheel drive options. That way those lots without a road can drive with the four wheel drive vehicles. I know cars don't have driveways but dirt tire marks in the rural areas. Then for lots not marked rural we could have two wheel drives. Rural lots could be a lot trait like how off-the-grid can be for some lots. Anyway thank you for making me think on this. It was a pleasure talking to someone who really knew and played with the Sims neighborhoods with understanding of routing.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • puertoricanthangpuertoricanthang Posts: 88 Member
    -I don’t really find University fun (maybe TS4 will change my mind)
    -We need more occult gameplay
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 510 Member
    I don’t want cars in TS4
    I don’t like occults
    Please EA... no disabilities
    I don’t think we need more life stages
    I don’t care one way or another about University...I would prefer a Farming pack

    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top