Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you stopped playing, what would make you come back?

I was super excited about the the island EP, played 20 minutes, and haven't touched it since. I'm a very goal-oriented player and there was absolutely nothing for me in that pack - no whims and a pathetic aspiration. I haven't bought RoM for the same reason.

So, for me, what would make me come back...

- new/fixed whims
- a farm EP
- more teenager gameplay

You?

Comments

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    for sure it's not going to be a new pack, but an overhaul of sims and their personality ( or lack thereof )
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    When they fix the fps rate problem. 😂😂
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    The addition of anything that would give my sims distinct personalities. Interests, turn ins/offs, a greater variety of whims etc. plus anything that would affect how easily they interact and build relationships with other sims. It kinda ruins the fun and immersion for me when my good and evil sims get along like a house on fire 😂
  • meljonesmeljones Posts: 45 Member
    I did stop playing and was brought back by Island Living and ROM. I'm not bothered by a lot of the things that drive other simmers crazy. I still play Sims 2 and really miss multitasking when I play it. I miss how pretty everything is too. None of the iterations is perfect so I kind of accept them for what they are.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited September 2019
    nothing in particular
    just me in my head saying "hmm I feel like playing sims again"
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I haven't stopped playing, but if I had, University would make me come back. ❤️
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Fallenxroses7Fallenxroses7 Posts: 92 Member
    idk, maybe an overhaul of romance? I've said this a million times but there needs to be more romantic interactions and socials + the option to schedule dates in advance
  • KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,066 Member
    Strangerville brought me back and I've been on and off ever since. I was they'd add more personalities to characters- no matter what traits I give them, outside of a few certain moodlets, they always feel the same.
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    It would have to have more adult themes to it and less be childish and less PC.
    I'm totally bored with it at the moment and have gone back to sims 3 which was more fun to play.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    It's kind of hard to say what would bring me back until I actually do stop playing. I'm still enjoying it now so I don't think about it.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Honestly parenthood is what brought me back in 2017. I hadn’t played in over a year partially due to lacking a decent computer and partially because I wasn’t super into the sims 4. But when I learned toddlers had made a return and we got a family pack I was all over it. Played on a poor laptop for a while off and on until I could afford a desktop. Now that I have a desktop I play fairly often and have all the packs. Seasons is what convinced me I needed a better computer lol.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited September 2019
    I barely play now. I loved the stairs update but the sims themselves need work. They're boring to play. I would like to see an update giving them wants/fear, likes/dislikes, turn on/off, traits that actually change their personality. I shouldn't have to guess what my neighbor's personality is I should be able to know by the way they interact with my sim. I just want them to feel more individual. I want their moods to affect their goals and wants/fears. I want all age groups and genders to get equal content.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Did you try the career in IL?
  • AlexaiAlexai Posts: 186 Member
    I recently stopped playing because the sims themselves feel lifeless. I would return if they actually had distinct personalities and were not affected by seemingly random and ridiculous incidents like seeing a nice picture.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I haven't stopped playing because I love the game how it is, but if I were to leave I'd come back for preteens, preschoolers, or free babies!
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    If I stopped I would come back for a personality overhaul or horses.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Right now I'm waiting on overhauled babies. I'd also like overhauled personalities as well.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I did quit for a year or so but it had nothing to do with the game. ROM has really gotten to me though. Every Sim is a spell caster. NO ... This morning I started the 100 baby challenge w/ just base game even though I own all the packs. Just tired of bugs and certain things that come with packs that I can't turn off. Back to the basics for me. Not sure I will ever play another pack. Depends what it is. Maybe The Sims 5 will be better! The Sims 4 want's me to play their way. I want to play my way without getting abducted or my Sims spouse flirting with everyone no matter what. I am sorry but soulmates should not cheat. Makes rotational play impossible for me. I tried to mod my game into what I wanted but even with a new computer I had problems w/ performance. (simulation lag)
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    When I do stop playing, and I do from time to time (I have taken up to a year off from it), it's because of me, not the game. I'm bored with it & need something different to do, or I have other priorities in my life at the moment. Sometimes new content will bring me back, but usually I just come back whenever my mind feels refreshed & ready to play again.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    I was playing less over the summer until the trailer of realm of magic. So more occults with customization and perks are my thing.

The only other theme which would be strong enough to pull me back if I should ever quit is time travel. I like playing in other era's, both in the distant past (pre industrialisation) or in the far future.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I think the only time I stopped playing regularly was during the family play year, because I wanted so much still and it just seemed to me like it was pack after pack... even if it probably wasn't that bad.
    Sometimes I take mini breaks though... play other games or I'm just not feeling like playing. What always makes me come back even if I'm not feeling it at the moment is a new pack that I'm excited for.. and also something that inspires me outside of the game a house, a person, a movie ect... that I want to recreate and kind of play out in the game. I don't think I could play the game though if I didn't like the basics of it.
    egTcBMc.png
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    I mean i didnt stop playing and i am interested in rom but im a bit salty about couple points so i havent really got it yet
    might wait to bundle

what would really bring me back though would be some homely hobbies
    (knitting, sewing,embroidery,pottery,macrame...)

or romance pack with lots of interactions and couple dancing!!!

i just want couple dancing really *sighs*

or something urbz like back alleys and motorcycles and such would be cool too
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I've had lots of long breaks, and I don't necessarily need any other reason to come back other than a few new ideas I want to try out.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    hmm, I guess the same things that keep me going now, getting new ideas to play and/or create either on my own or through this forum and let's plays etc.
    new EPs/GPs that I like.
    Simmingal wrote: »
    i just want couple dancing really *sighs*
    god, me too!
    I mean, they even got it in freeplay for fs sake!
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    The Sims 5 tbh.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1