Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you excited for University Nov 15th?

Comments

• Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    yes
    Yes!!! University will hopefully give Young Adults the differentiation from Adults I've been wanting, but it really depends on whether we get roommates, subject options, and whether our Sims' education actually affects their lives in any meaningful way.
  • JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    other
    Umm, excited no..? but intrigued..sure..just wondering should I hold off on main story to incorporate University.
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    yes
    I'm stoked!
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    other
    Sort of, lol. It is going to have to surpass TS2 and TS3 Univesity packs, because I really enjoyed both of those and fond memories of them and had a lot of new content to use and try, and many aspiratons and traits were added to the game by those packs. It's an expansion so I'm hoping it lives up to the expansion experiences of the past and not a GP that is passed off as an EP. They really need to bring their A game with this one, since it has a lot to live up to, in my opinion.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    It should be noted that this has not been confirmed. Confirmation will come from EA. Until that point, it is speculation.
  • AmavariAmavari Posts: 167 Member
    no
    Not at all honestly, I'll still get it depending on what's in the pack if it does come out, I'm sure there could be something in it for my more "normal" family

But honestly I'm more interested in when they will be adding in horses and finally giving us occult jobs and skills to take up.

If it is released I'm happy for everyone who wants university, but it's really not my thing.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    other
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    It should be noted that this has not been confirmed. Confirmation will come from EA. Until that point, it is speculation.

True, but really, when have these types of leaks ever been wrong :D
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    yes
    I'm excited! I enjoy any pack that adds another layer of depth to everyday life for sims. Now Target just has to go back to having sales shortly after an EP releases, so my wallet can be excited too. :D
  • LunatwiloLunatwilo Posts: 6 New Member
    yes
    I cant wait I love university on ts2 never play ts3 so wont really know for that but but I play it alot in ts2 whenbit came out was hoping it would be like a farm pack but universal is up there so be getting it.
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    other
    I need more information. I was really wanting a school pack for all ages. I wanted the sims 4 to do something different or a twist on a pack that had been in the previous games. This would give the sims 4 an advantage because It wouldn't just be focusing on one age group but a variety of age groups. Every time I see a way for the sims 4 to improve their game they fall extremely short and it's disheartening. I really wanted this game to be the best but pack after pack has been disappointing.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    other
    No, after seeing how disappointing latest packs have been. They screwed up for me the 2 things I wanted most, witches and mermaids. Mermaids are shallow and dont get any underwater action, and spellcaster witches are so boring, all spells are just convenience spells, where's fun in that... atleast we got them I suppose. So for University, expect it to be 35% of what Sims 3 was, and maybe 15% of Sims 2.
    I feel bitter and negative, when in fact I'm usually extremely excited and bubbly about sims. When island living was first announced with mermaids, was so happy I jumped and danced around the house, but now I feel like a bitter cynical fart. Thanks EA
  • Fallenxroses7Fallenxroses7 Posts: 92 Member
    no
    I guess it'll be cool. I hope it adds some kind of band creation like clubs.
  • HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    yes
    This has been confirmed? Don't get me wrong because I desperately hope it to be true, but this is still unoffical, isn't it?
    That being said, these rumours have proven true thus far so it seems very likely. I have wanted this expansion for so long now; there will be no waiting for sale with this one - already pre-ordered in my mind.
    HSau :)
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    yes
    HCSau wrote: »
    This has been confirmed? Don't get me wrong because I desperately hope it to be true, but this is still unoffical, isn't it?
    That being said, these rumours have proven true thus far so it seems very likely. I have wanted this expansion for so long now; there will be no waiting for sale with this one - already pre-ordered in my mind.

Not been confirmed by the gurus yet, but the Target leak looks promising so far. Multiple Target employees have confirmed it’s in their inventory for November release.

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited September 2019
    yes
    Very much so.
    I loved Sims 2 Uni... it got grindy after awhile and sometimes I'd get some cheat to put them through college after I'd played it a bit, but I loved making a romance sim that had a dorm to conquer. I loved that they could live in homes too... on the campus of course and enjoyed playing the different campuses. I liked the npcs even if I put most of them on the roof to die after awhile especially the mascots who would get in my sims face.
    I've enjoyed this game and I have faith that I'm going to enjoy this EP. To me it's been more open ended overall so I'm hoping for more of that. Also hoping for less grind... make sure their needs are met and more do what you want after they are (and your schoolwork is done.. or managed). Squee. This was my second most wanted pack when I started to play this game and it's coming now <3 !

Okay okay it's not official but... we don't have that many more main themed packs from the past left to put in this game, so I'm going to hype!
    egTcBMc.png
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    yes
    Been excited for University since sims4 first came out!
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    other
    Question: does anyone know whatever happened to that likes/dislikes thing that was found in the code and supposedly linked to RoM? What was that about again, did we ever find out? I think a likes/dislikes system might actually work in a University pack. University students tend to be opiniated, and it'd be cool if you could make university clubs with sims that share certain likes and dislikes. Would be so great to get that back <3
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Sure, as long as it's not Island Living 2.0, where they ship an expansion with zero gameplay and all visuals.

I'll gladly take TS2-style dorms/apartments for starters.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »

True, but really, when have these types of leaks ever been wrong :D

My apologies for speaking out of turn.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited September 2019
    other
    I said other because I will be excited for it if I'm able to get it and not have to wait like I am for ROM.

Otherwise YES!!! This is one pack i've been waiting for. Between ROM and University I can finally get around to recreating a story I was playing out in Sims3. Everything else at this point is just gravy or icing on the cake to the game (except I do really want horses to make a return as well). I don't expect no more or less than what we've been getting in these packs lately, so for that reason I'm sure I won't be disappointed and look forward to seeing what they have. I do hope they make an official announcement soon with some sneak peak renders we can hype about.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,167 Member
    no
    While I am happy for those who have enjoyed University packs in the past, they have always been my least favourite addition to the game. I was quite taken with the first outing (in Sims2) at the beginning. However, it gets to be a grind and painful to find a balance. All the courses and studying (which is what makes it great in real life but boring to play over and over) coupled with all the socializing (really dumb, infantile partying gimmicks that have never interested me) - it was never easy to maintain any kind of balance. I do get the 'point' of it (and this was executed much better in Sims3) - the objective of qualifying for better careers and starting at higher levels, but for me, it just isn't fun to play.

Also, in Sims 2, the Uni pack was near the beginning of the series so it was more seamlessly integrated into the base game. In the Sims 3 it came later in the life of the series so all they could do when they graduated was start their jobs at a higher level. It just didn't seem worth it.

This time around, Uni should have happened prior to Get to Work if not earlier. Instead, we have Sims jumping straight from high school into the Doctor or Scientist career (for example), which hardly makes sense. So what is the point of adding Uni into the game at this late stage? I guess that is to be discovered when this is released.
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,167 Member
    no
    I need more information. I was really wanting a school pack for all ages. I wanted the sims 4 to do something different or a twist on a pack that had been in the previous games. This would give the sims 4 an advantage because It wouldn't just be focusing on one age group but a variety of age groups. Every time I see a way for the sims 4 to improve their game they fall extremely short and it's disheartening. I really wanted this game to be the best but pack after pack has been disappointing.

In both Sims 2 and Sims 3, YA Sims, Adult Sims, and Elder Sims could all attend University.
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited September 2019
    no
    University wasn't much fun for me in TS3. That is, until I got into street art and while that's a fun skill, it was the only thing I found entertaining about the pack. That combined with TS4 constantly dishing out subpar content and you end up with a toilet who couldn't care less that this pack is coming out.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    yes
    I hope they make it like Sims 3 University with the keg, hairstyles, clothing, the classes, & planners.
    Plus a Sims 4 version with a full livable large world.
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    edited September 2019
    yes
    Mildly, but not exactly over the moon. I am waiting for confirmation, of course.

I wonder where University typically falls in the popularity ranking? If it isn't too far behind Seasons, Cats and Dogs/Pets, and Parenthood/Generations, maybe one can hope for a pack that compares. They've consistently ranked high so far, from what I can tell, and I agree with the rankings.

I agree that the last three packs, while well done environmentally, have been pretty lackluster with regards to engagement/gameplay. Even the RoM Gamepack, although relatively detailed, seems so buggy. To be fair I haven't played it yet, and I'm not positive it isn't buggier than Dine Out. I really don't like the idea of existing Sims randomly becoming Spellcasters, unless they're Favorited, but I suppose I could live with it. Edit: I must say, tho, the Moshino Stuff Pack was pretty detailed gameplay wise, for that type of pack, with the whole career, etc.

I have all content except for these last three packs and MFP, so am waiting for a bundle of possibly those three. I might wait with Uni as well, especially if it doesn't have roommates, engaging class/learning content with interactions, a teaching career, and maybe some music related content. I just feel music/singing is really limited, not sure where else it would fit, unless it had its own pack. I'd love to see a semi active teaching career, set up sort of like the City Living careers, where you could lecture like in Jungle Adventure with the archaeology career, then do research on the computer, etc, or just choose the rabbithole. There could be other content that would thrill me, tho.