Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Chins are so out

2...Next

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    I read the title and thought this was gonna be about Vlad's kids. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • joyofliving37joyofliving37 Posts: 106 Member
    This happens all the time with my female sims when they age to teens. I’m always pulling and dragging their chins trying to get them to look normal. With one teen I just gave up and went with one of the CAS faces because I couldn’t fix her chin. She looked much prettier afterwards though.
  • FrieaFriea Posts: 54 Member
    Man I hate to say it but when Sim genetics gives me the crap end of the stick and they look like that or worse (Yes I have had worse) I tend to fix them a bit... trying not to deviate from the parents too much of course. It isnt realistic no but boy oh boy have I had some sims that just are halloween material.
    fT4P3EZ.jpg
    ♥ Learn to Love Yourself
  • Bearly_MediaBearly_Media Posts: 124 Member
    I read in a wiki page that Morgyn is "unable to become pregnant or get other Sims pregnant...". Is this true? Might never be able to spread these chinless genes.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited September 2019
    I think they actually look pretty sweet.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    pEuvLli.png Morgyns daughter, Paisley in my save, also with the lack of chin. And I'm about to marry her into the Charm family and make it all worse!
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    I was playing around with Morgyn's genetics to see what his kids with my sim would look like. Some of his daughters ended up very unfortunate looking...
    UoF3Vfr.png
    TRrccnE.png
    s8BwN8V.png
    uoPSN5r.png

Why am I being reminded of chickens?

They'd look even more chicken like with large schnoz.
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    edited September 2019
    I think that this one wins the award for the greatest chin/jaw deficiency
    yC9rAQF.png

It looks like her face (eyes,nose mouth) is set about an inch too low on her head. The game is not great at aligning the facial features on the offspring. I usually bump them up a little and make the head slightly narrower then they look fine.
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    The lack of chins are usually a teen thing, since for some reason the game believes you can only grow chins when you hit 20. :pensive: Sometimes they grow a chin when they hit YA, but it's definitely a lot more prominent in females :(
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Cement wrote: »
    The lack of chins are usually a teen thing, since for some reason the game believes you can only grow chins when you hit 20. :pensive: Sometimes they grow a chin when they hit YA, but it's definitely a lot more prominent in females :(
    Not with Morgyn’s daughters lol. I agree that sometimes that does happen, though.

I should add that not all of Morgyn’s daughters are like this. But because he himself has a tiny chin (you can only see this if you make him female), if his daughters inherit his chin it ends up tiny. They’re ok if they get the other parent’s chin. Not sure where the weird jaw issue is coming from, though.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I knew his kids would be hideous
    mika wrote: »
    I knew his kids would be hideous
    Haha well not all of them. I’ve been unfair in only posting the worse ones that rolled with the genetics randomiser :D
    Someone please get Vlad's offspring with the long chins and get them together with Morgyn's offspring and see how they will look. XD
    FwDXXd5.gif
    DeKay wrote: »
    Someone please get Vlad's offspring with the long chins and get them together with Morgyn's offspring and see how they will look. XD
    Disappointingly, they would probably inherit either the tiny chin or the long chin, but not an in-between chin. With sim genetics, offspring never seem to inherit features between the extremes of their parents (apart from with skin colour and sometimes eye colour). They always tend to inherit either one parent’s chin or the other parent’s chin.
    edited September 2019
    DeKay wrote: »
    Disappointingly, they would probably inherit either the tiny chin or the long chin, but not an in-between chin. With sim genetics, offspring never seem to inherit features between the extremes of their parents (apart from with skin colour and sometimes eye colour). They always tend to inherit either one parent’s chin or the other parent’s chin.

Haha, that's true. XD We need to know whose chin gene is stronger tho. :D The battle of the chins.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    My sim (Elliana) finally became a YA and, as per usual, as soon as she had blown out the candles I had her go off to try for a baby with Morgyn. And then, because I'm super impatient, I used MCCC to make her give birth immediately.

Despite the number of chinless kids they were throwing when I randomised genetics in CAS, their son Ryder (thank you name randomiser) turned out pretty well. Even as a girl his chin is fine so I guess he got lucky and inherited Elliana's chin.

Also, I guess Elliana's purple eyes and Morgyn's green eyes combined to give Ryder red eyes, which is pretty cool.

5yg8DCS.png
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Yeah, the tiny chin thing has been an ongoing problem for girls aging up. It may have originated when Aliens were added to the game. That was most likely on purpose, because they all have it, too, not just Teens. I thought they had fixed it for non-aliens, but it's back, if so. I love a good chin, myself, (Ryder is gorg!) so I always correct it in my households, but if you play with Aging On, it will occur and reoccur in the female townspeople, haha.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    :|:|:|
    funny-gifs20.gif

Yeah, the tiny chin thing has been an ongoing problem for girls aging up. It may have originated when Aliens were added to the game. That was most likely on purpose, because they all have it, too, not just Teens. I thought they had fixed it for non-aliens, but it's back, if so. I love a good chin, myself, (Ryder is gorg!) so I always correct it in my households, but if you play with Aging On, it will occur and reoccur in the female townspeople, haha.
    @Livin in Sim I didn’t know it was a bug! The problem seems to be that oftentimes a chin which looks fine on a male sim looks tiny on a female sim. So, if a male sim with such a chin fathers a daughter who inherits his chin, she ends up with a tiny chin. If it is a bug, the problem lies in how the size of a chin translates from its male version to its female version.

Ryder did turn out surprisingly well! I was prepared to make Elliana and Morgyn keep having kids until they got one with a normal chin so I feel lucky that their first child turned out fine. He’s my 13th gen heir.
  • sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    edited September 2019
    I had this problem when I was experimenting with genetics between Morgyn and my sim Rachel. His girls. Oof. No chins! His boys however, are fairly handsome
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    The sim picture that duhboy2u2 showed is actually the face of the grim reaper. It's always been cool.