Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

inject_to causes an last exception(SOLVED)

Sigma1202Sigma1202 Posts: 40 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
I am probably missing something obvious but I have this script and it's causing a last exception, I think I am injecting it correctly but I might be wrong
import sims.household_utilities.utilities_manager
import injector

@injector.inject_to(sims.household_utilities.utilities_manager, 'shut_off_utility')
def InterceptOffSwitch(original, self, utility, reason, **kwargs):
    original(self, utility, reason, **kwargs)

this part causes a last exception as soon as I load a household, when I remove it I don't get any Le's, I want to add some code after the original EA code, but this alone, without me adding any of my code causes an exception

this is how the original EA method looks:
def shut_off_utility(self, utility, reason, tooltip=None, from_load=False):

What am i missing?

Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• TURBODRIVERTURBODRIVER Posts: 68 Member
    Hey. You're injecting into the wrong element, you need to inject into the "HouseholdUtilitiesManager" class.
    Sending the LE file would make it easy to point that out, if you could send it next time.
  • Sigma1202Sigma1202 Posts: 40 Member
    Hey. You're injecting into the wrong element, you need to inject into the "HouseholdUtilitiesManager" class.
    Sending the LE file would make it easy to point that out, if you could send it next time.

So I think I am doing it right now, but I am still getting an exception
    @injector.inject_to(sims.household_utilities.utilities_manager.HouseholdUtilitiesManager, 'shut_off_utility')
    def InterceptOffSwitch(original, self, utility, reason, **kwargs):
        original(self, utility, reason, **kwargs)

I am getting an "TypeError: InterceptOffSwitch() takes 4 positional arguments but 5 were given" last exception

Here's the full exception
  • TURBODRIVERTURBODRIVER Posts: 68 Member
    edited September 2019
    Try changing it to something like this instead to avoid problems with the function signature inconsistency.
    @injector.inject_to(sims.household_utilities.utilities_manager.HouseholdUtilitiesManager, 'shut_off_utility')
    def InterceptOffSwitch(original, self, *args, **kwargs):
        original(self, *args, **kwargs)

utility = args[0]
        reason = args[1]

If you're looking to override the arguments, try treating the "tooltip" argument not as a keyword argument. Or you can just change the values in the args variable.
  • Sigma1202Sigma1202 Posts: 40 Member
    Try changing it to something like this instead to avoid problems with the function signature inconsistency.
    def InterceptOffSwitch(original, self, *args, **kwargs):
        original(self, *args, **kwargs)

utility = args[0]
        reason = args[1]

If you're looking to override the arguments, try treating the "tooltip" argument not as a keyword argument. Or you can just change the values in the args variable.

This worked, thanks for the help :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top