Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic - Beginner's guide

Comments

• VyStarlitVyStarlit Posts: 74 Member
    > @CelSims said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    >
    > You can learn all of them and gain all the perks too.

Awesome! I didn't know you could learn all the perks too. Now I'm excited to make a super witch. hehehe
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    How do you win a duel? I've failed three times
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member

Keep trying, I'm not sure if it may be your rank, I waited until I was right at adept and started dueling and was able to beat a few regular townies that showed up, Bella Goth did not like losing, lol
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    smurfy77 wrote: »

Keep trying, I'm not sure if it may be your rank, I waited until I was right at adept and started dueling and was able to beat a few regular townies that showed up, Bella Goth did not like losing, lol

Thanks! I did and now I'm at master rank, and beat Grace Anansi. I beat her twice now
  • yasi881998yasi881998 Posts: 22 New Member
    > @EmpressEllie said:
    > I'm not sure if this is the place for this question, but does anyone have any idea on when realm of magic will be available for build a bundle?

exactly i have been asking the same thing!
  • TistouTistou Posts: 72 Member
    Before I purchase this I need to know: does this "force" magic on sims? One more person in my household play The Sims 4 on my computer, and doesn't want magic in their game.
  • ZzMANzZZzMANzZ Posts: 72 Member
    Question, do you know if you can buy/build the portal to the new realm on to your sims lot in another world ie the island, so that I can keep my same home and skip two load screens to get to the realm? Or if I could take a broom or some other way to travel there?
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    ZzMANzZ wrote: »
    Question, do you know if you can buy/build the portal to the new realm on to your sims lot in another world ie the island, so that I can keep my same home and skip two load screens to get to the realm? Or if I could take a broom or some other way to travel there?

You can use your caster's Glimmerstone to travel there directly.
  • BerrylinBerrylin Posts: 1 New Member
    Do you know if you can change your sim into a witch if you've already created them? I made a sim before I knew about this pack and I want them to be a witch but i don't know if you can do that without creating a new sim
    Berrylin wrote: »
    Do you know if you can change your sim into a witch if you've already created them? I made a sim before I knew about this pack and I want them to be a witch but i don't know if you can do that without creating a new sim

Take your sim to the realm of magic, talk to one of the three sages (they have a glowing rune over their heads) and ask them to make your sim a mage. You need to have a bit of friendship with them before they'll do it, and it requires a small, easy fetch-quest.
  • aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    Does anyone know if any new stereo/audio music was introduced with this pack? Asking in case I'm missing something with my custom audio gear... TIA
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • MagicGas99MagicGas99 Posts: 2 New Member
    When are they gonna do a thing where you can pick 3 expansion packs and stuff for free it’ll get alot of people to download it and those whoever have it downloaded will play more
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    edited September 2019
    Just wondering, and I don't wanna spoil it for people, I have a question about the ultimate spells:
    Just wondering I've got every spell accept one in every aspect. Are these the ultimate spells missing and not shown in the spellbook? or are the "ultimate spells" not noted in the spellbook until you get them?

Thanks in advance :)
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »
    Just wondering, and I don't wanna spoil it for people, I have a question about the ultimate spells:
    Just wondering I've got every spell accept one in every aspect. Are these the ultimate spells missing and not shown in the spellbook? or are the "ultimate spells" not noted in the spellbook until you get them?

You need to talk to the sages for these.
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Thanks @DaWaterRat , I haven't wanted to speak with them about that yet I just wanted to know whether they are shown in the spellbook before they are available, in other words, I have one spell left in untamed to learn (in the book) , do I have to learn that before I can ask for the ultimate or is the one listed in the book the ultimate

Sorry, having problems explaining, hope this makes sense?
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Thanks @DaWaterRat , I haven't wanted to speak with them about that yet I just wanted to know whether they are shown in the spellbook before they are available, in other words, I have one spell left in untamed to learn (in the book) , do I have to learn that before I can ask for the ultimate or is the one listed in the book the ultimate

Sorry, having problems explaining, hope this makes sense?

The last listed spell for each school in the spellbook is the Ultimate.
    Ahhh thank you :)
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • LilyMunsterLilyMunster Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm readily enjoying the pack so far but I've run into a little trouble advancing past the first stages of both new Aspirations.

I've learned six spells total, both by reading tomes and asking the appropriate Sims in the magical realm, but I am stuck at First Steps on S&S because I need to "learn a spell."

It's the same with PoP. I have learned five portions, using the same methods as above, and in such at First Steps until I "learn a portion recipe."

Any assistance would be wonderful! I really love this pick and would like to progress!
  • EmpressEllieEmpressEllie Posts: 38 Member
    > @yasi881998 said:
    > > @EmpressEllie said:
    > > I'm not sure if this is the place for this question, but does anyone have any idea on when realm of magic will be available for build a bundle?
    >
    > exactly i have been asking the same thing!

So I figured it out, dont use the origin client to bundle for some reason it doesnt work, instead go into origin online and then go to buy it, it will tell you that you can save buy bundling, click that and it should show up, if it doesnt try going incognito.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'm readily enjoying the pack so far but I've run into a little trouble advancing past the first stages of both new Aspirations.

I've learned six spells total, both by reading tomes and asking the appropriate Sims in the magical realm, but I am stuck at First Steps on S&S because I need to "learn a spell."

It's the same with PoP. I have learned five portions, using the same methods as above, and in such at First Steps until I "learn a portion recipe."

Any assistance would be wonderful! I really love this pick and would like to progress!

Have you tried using a cauldron? That helps with learning spells and potions. The game might be trying to get you to try using a cauldron to further your game play.
  • Ashdancer22Ashdancer22 Posts: 1 New Member
    how do I get on to play
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    how do I get on to play

Hello @Ashdancer22 :)
    Carl's Sims 4 site is a very helpful site with many guides to playing the game. There is a " guides" button at the top of the site page, which will take you to a list of a variety of helpful guides to the game.
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com

This is a link to the Simsvip guide to playing Realms of Magic
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-realm-of-magic-guide/
    There are also guides about guides about the pack on
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited September 2019

Sounds like you need to advance to the next level of caster to learn the next set of spells and potions. They have level requirements. You can advance by using spells, creating potions you already know or choosing experiment on the cauldron or 'practice spells' from clicking your sim.
  • bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    how do i find the island with the stores on it? and which book do i read first? lol im so confused. thanks in advance.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    how do i find the island with the stores on it? and which book do i read first? lol im so confused. thanks in advance.

Caster's Alley is located in the Magic Realm. Travel there via the portal in Glimmerbrook. If your sim is already a spellcaster, open your sims inventory and click on the magic stone. It will take you there too. Once there, spin the world using the mouse until you can see Caster's Alley Island. In that direction, there will be a portal that you click on that will take you to Caster's Alley. The same works for the greenhouse and the dueling grounds. The HQ island (the main island) has portals to all the other islands but you must return to the HQ island to go to a second island. For example, if you are on the greenhouse island and want to travel to Caster's Alley, first travel to the HQ island and then travel to Caster's Alley.