Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else keep getting stuck in camera mode?

So I can't exit once I go into the camera now I just get stuck and have to restart my whole game

Anyone else keep getting stuck in camera mode? 17 votes

Yes
70%
catloverplayerLonelyCallirjssimEvilyn_1007adamclark83NeedrarZzMANzZ_natalieFunandotsBluebirddevil5970DomniqueTurtlePaw10422 12 votes
No
29%
JesskiRavager619FEDEXsfan11animevampLquinn 5 votes

Comments

• Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    No
    This is the one bug I don't have ever since I switched from PC to console a few months back.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    Yes
    I don't know how many times it keeps getting stuck. How are we supposed enjoy the new Fashion pack if the game keeps freezing while in camera?
    2quwd7.gif

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Yes
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    This is the one bug I don't have ever since I switched from PC to console a few months back.

That's strange cause it's happening to people on both PC and Consoles. The bug transferred to consoles from pc.
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    No
    I was not aware of it.
    edited September 2019
    No
    I'm not getting the crash but I noticed something different in the console version. When I took photos with other Sims it slowed my game down for several seconds before it was back at normal speed. However, everything is fine when I shoot selfies or Simstagram pets.

This happened in a new game I started today.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    Yes
    Same @Ravager619 and only occasionally does the game crash when doing this.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
    No
    _natalie wrote: »
    Same @Ravager619 and only occasionally does the game crash when doing this.

I'll have to keep an eye out on that when I play again today. I'm also going to restart my PS4 before I start playing to see if that has any effect on this bug.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    Yes
    I too have noticed the speed drops after coming out of camera view. All I do is simply Pause the game for a second and it's back up.
    2quwd7.gif

• NeedrarNeedrar Posts: 141 Member
    Yes
    Since last update i don't get stuck but cursor is gpne. Have to exit game compleetly and restart.
  • NeedrarNeedrar Posts: 141 Member
    edited November 2019
    Yes
    For those who have problems after use of the camera or the camera on the tripod, try to switch to first person view wait 3 to 5 seconde and switch back to. This helps me eveytime.
    Post edited by Needrar on
    Yes
    This issue has been fixed on the pc side. Expect the fix in the Dec Console Update.
    Yes
    This should be fixed on console now with that patch we just got.
  • LonelyCalliLonelyCalli Posts: 9 New Member
    Yes
    [quote="_natalie;c-17252669"]Same @Ravager619 and only occasionally does the game crash when doing this.[/quote]

SAME! The photography was the main reason I got the Moschino Stuff Pack but, this game crash happens so often that I basically pretend the feature doesn’t exist because it takes a half hour of real time to get photos. I really want my families to be able to take pictures and set up scenes without having to stress over the game lagging for a minute after, the mouse icon vanishing and/or the game crashing.
    No
    I started a new game late last night to test out the freelance photography career. The game still freezes up on the PS4, but the amount of time it's frozen is only about 30 seconds now. I'm happy that my Sim can finish one of the freelance jobs. When I first tried it out prior to this patch, my Sim wouldn't get credit for posting the image online or get paid for the gig.