Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Members Club - Come On In!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,575 Member
    edited July 2019
    hello, i'm captcaroldan and i'm quite new to both the sims and the forums. really excited to become a part of this community! :relaxed:

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why?

i don't actually have any expansion/stuff packs, aside from the free holiday stuff, but i'm really interested in get to work, cats and dogs, and seasons. island living also looks really cool, but maybe that's just because i've always loved mermaids, ever since i was younger, hahaha.

2. What is your favorite thing about the game?

i'm still in awe of all the things you can do in the game, but i probably like cas the most. i find it really cool that you can create someone so unique. i also like the level of freedom the build/buy mode gives me, in the sense that i can create (almost) anything i imagine. i like seeing things in my head come to life, albeit virtual life, in front of me.

3. Do you play with cheats? If so, which ones?

in my first game, i used the motherlode cheat quite a lot. but since then, i've learnt that working hard in the sims is a much more fulfilling way to play. but i still play with cheats, usually moveobjects, sometimes enable.gameplayunlocksentitlement (did i type that right?). recently i've had to use the debug on my toddlers since some weird bug has them refusing to put down toys they pick up from toyboxes, which is why i stopped buying the toyboxes altogether. i've also had to use the debug on teen/older sims who refuse to actually sleep even though i tell them to sleep. other than that, i try not to give myself too much money.

4. Do you have any tips/tricks you'd like to share?

i don't have many, since most i know are either already common knowledge or just passed to me by my sister (who is actually partly the reason why i am into this game). perhaps one thing i can share (if everyone didn't already know yet) is that you can easily take care of a toddler with low attention if you make it hug a big stuffed animal. it goes without saying that talking with the animal also raises the communication skill. that piece of information really helped me while i was doing the 100 baby challenge, haha. and maybe a tip? explore everything. every. single. thing. you might come across things you've never seen before.

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?

the only one i have is sims 4, since i downloaded it while it was free. however, i am quite familiar with the sims 3, since when i was younger my sister used to play it and i'd eagerly watch. most of our summers together consisted of afternoons like that. just me watching her play. i'd say one thing i really like about the sims 4 is the amount of creative freedom you have. you can edit almost everything down to the smallest details. it's amazing! i also like how smooth the interface is. it's so nice to look at. but comparing it to what i remember from the sims 3, there are a few features i wish they'd bring back. i hate that when i send a sim somewhere i can't easily switch control between that sim and any sims left at home. i have to leave the other sims on their own, and i can't control them. i remember that it wasn't that way in the sims 4. i also wish they'd bring back cars, bikes, and transportation in general. that was fun.

it's really nice to be here, and i hope to meet lots of nice people. let's all get along! :relaxed:

Hello @captcaroldan :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to sims 4 simming and the forums!
    It is great that you were able to download the basegame whilst it was free, and it was special that you first discovered simming by watching your sister playing Sims 3 <3
    Creating sims and building homes are very special parts of simming! We can express our creativity through the game and have fun at the same time! It is great that we can bring our building and interior decorating ideas into sims gameform.
    If you need help anytime, Carl's Sims 4 site is a very helpful site with many guides to playing the game. There is a " guides" button at the top of the site page, which will take you to a list of a variety of helpful guides to the game.
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com
    Happy simming! :)
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Yay, found a new topic-thing! I'm currently going through the whole forum to get to know it. It's pretty huge! Okay, I saw this questions to get you started, so I'll start with that.

1. What is your favorite EP/SP and why ?
    I currently only have 'Get to work', but I also want 'Dogs and cats' and 'Seasons' veryyy much. Well, I want everything, I got everye EP and SP from the Sims 2, so now I'm going for getting every EP/SP from Sims 4 :D

That I can make my whole family and recreate stories.

Ohhhhh yeah. My all time cheats are 'testingcheats true' andddd 'cas.fulleditmode'. Sometimes I use 'motherlode' as well, but I try to be fair with the money. I just want my families to be happy, because I can't cook and wash and all that, all the time.

Ehhhhhh. When I play the Sims 4, I go in video-mode (or how do you call that) often, because I need to photograph the perfect angle. If you don't know how to do it yet, this can be a cool tip/trick! Just press the tab-button, et voila, video-mode!

5. Do you have The Sims 4? If so, what are your favorite and least favorite things?
    yes I do! My favorite things are building houses and people. My less favorite things are waiting for actions from my sims to be done. Sometimes it looks like they take forever! I like the speedbuttons very much for this.
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    Skeilah wrote: »
    Yay, found a new topic-thing! I'm currently going through the whole forum to get to know it. It's pretty huge! Okay, I saw this questions to get you started, so I'll start with that.

I currently only have 'Get to work', but I also want 'Dogs and cats' and 'Seasons' veryyy much. Well, I want everything, I got everye EP and SP from the Sims 2, so now I'm going for getting every EP/SP from Sims 4 :D

That I can make my whole family and recreate stories.

Ohhhhh yeah. My all time cheats are 'testingcheats true' andddd 'cas.fulleditmode'. Sometimes I use 'motherlode' as well, but I try to be fair with the money. I just want my families to be happy, because I can't cook and wash and all that, all the time.

Ehhhhhh. When I play the Sims 4, I go in video-mode (or how do you call that) often, because I need to photograph the perfect angle. If you don't know how to do it yet, this can be a cool tip/trick! Just press the tab-button, et voila, video-mode!

yes I do! My favorite things are building houses and people. My less favorite things are waiting for actions from my sims to be done. Sometimes it looks like they take forever! I like the speedbuttons very much for this.

Hello @Skeilah :) I posted to you on the other thread but just saying “ happy simming” again! :)
    It is great that you own all the Sims 2 packs. I hope that you will be able to own all the Sims 4 packs also! :)
    Going into tab mode when taking pictures is very helpful!
  • KittyQueenKittyQueen Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi everyone that might see this <3 !
    Some Questions to Get You Started
    -My favorite EP is... (I been thinking this for 15 minutes before writing it). Well, I don't have a favorite. I sure enjoy Seasons and Get Famous the most.

-All the things you can do.

-I only use two cheats: "fillmotive motive_" to fill instantly any sims need and "freerealestate on" to get free houses when they move :lol:

-Sure! When you're moving households but no house has what you want, move your sims into the 20x15 solar in Newcrest and then construct your house anywhere like you're placing a store or fixing other house. When you finish it might be expensive, but with the cheat I mentioned in the 3rd question you might have no problem!

-Yes, I do own the game. My favorite thing is all the possibilities it offers you to live a cool life. The thing I dislike the most is a glitch that happens every time a vampire is in the same lot as you. Doesn't let you travel because "A vampire in breaking in".
    KittyQueen wrote: »
    Hi everyone that might see this <3 !
    Some Questions to Get You Started
    -My favorite EP is... (I been thinking this for 15 minutes before writing it). Well, I don't have a favorite. I sure enjoy Seasons and Get Famous the most.

-All the things you can do.

-I only use two cheats: "fillmotive motive_" to fill instantly any sims need and "freerealestate on" to get free houses when they move :lol:

-Sure! When you're moving households but no house has what you want, move your sims into the 20x15 solar in Newcrest and then construct your house anywhere like you're placing a store or fixing other house. When you finish it might be expensive, but with the cheat I mentioned in the 3rd question you might have no problem!

-Yes, I do own the game. My favorite thing is all the possibilities it offers you to live a cool life. The thing I dislike the most is a glitch that happens every time a vampire is in the same lot as you. Doesn't let you travel because "A vampire in breaking in".

Hello @KittyQueen :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you enjoy Seasons and Get Famous packs. They add many special features and actvities to the game. It is enjoyable seeing our sims experiencing the various weather conditions and enjoying doing the seasonal activities.
    The cheats that you use are very helpful!
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forum threads, meeting fellow simmers, and posting about your sims that you play in your game.
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    Hello everyone! Here come the answers to everyone's favorite questions ;)

That's a hard one. It's probably a toss-up between Generations, University Life and Supernatural. They all give you very different experiences, which is what I like.

That it's so versatile. I can play with single sims, a big family or a whole town, build houses, create worlds. If one aspect becomes a bit much, it's time for one of the others.

Yes, and it really depends on what I want. Usually, I play by the normal game rules, although with the use of mods (many of the NRAAS ones). I use a few toddler mods to make them work a bit better. I used a cheat once when I got stuck completely tired in a tomb that had no space for tents.

Honestly, I'm still learning.

I have it, yes, but I haven't even finished the tutorial session yet. I didn't feel like playing a sim with a 9 to 5 job who had to use the rest of the day to get his needs covered at that moment.
    Turjan wrote: »
    Hello everyone! Here come the answers to everyone's favorite questions ;)

That's a hard one. It's probably a toss-up between Generations, University Life and Supernatural. They all give you very different experiences, which is what I like.

That it's so versatile. I can play with single sims, a big family or a whole town, build houses, create worlds. If one aspect becomes a bit much, it's time for one of the others.

Yes, and it really depends on what I want. Usually, I play by the normal game rules, although with the use of mods (many of the NRAAS ones). I use a few toddler mods to make them work a bit better. I used a cheat once when I got stuck completely tired in a tomb that had no space for tents.

Honestly, I'm still learning.

I have it, yes, but I haven't even finished the tutorial session yet. I didn't feel like playing a sim with a 9 to 5 job who had to use the rest of the day to get his needs covered at that moment.

Hello @Turjan :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    The three expansion packs that you like are all very great! They add many enjoyable activities and features to the game, and it is very nice having our sims travel and study in the Uni world.
    It is great that we can enjoy playing the game in a number of ways, and enjoy doing a variety of things from creating sims to building to playing in live mode!
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    Hello @rosemow, nice to meet you, too! And thanks for the friendly welcome. And yes, I spend a lot of time with this game :smile:
    Turjan wrote: »
    Hello @rosemow, nice to meet you, too! And thanks for the friendly welcome. And yes, I spend a lot of time with this game :smile:

You’re welcome :)
  • Spudders_86Spudders_86 Posts: 270 Member
    Hi Im Spud (Spudders_86),
    Although I have had this forum account for about 5 years now I am new to posting and interacting.
    I have been playing the Sims since around 2010 with The Sims 3.
    What i would love to know is which version of The Sims do people like the best and why?

Mine is Sims 3, basically because it is what I started out on and the amount of content on there makes a Sims life just so interesting.
    <3
    Rqtv8vw.gif
    Hi Im Spud (Spudders_86),
    Although I have had this forum account for about 5 years now I am new to posting and interacting.
    I have been playing the Sims since around 2010 with The Sims 3.
    What i would love to know is which version of The Sims do people like the best and why?

Mine is Sims 3, basically because it is what I started out on and the amount of content on there makes a Sims life just so interesting.
    <3

Hello @Spudders_86 :) It is nice to meet you.
    It is nice that you have been playing The Sims since 2010, when you started playing Sims 3. You would have been enjoying spending many fun and happy hours over the time, playing and seeing what is happening in your sims lives!
  • reneetheareneethea Posts: 22 Member
    Hello, fellow Simmers! I've been playing The Sims since it first came out, and now I'm an avid TS4 player. I've been a long-time creeper on the forums, but a first-time poster... doing my best to engage and socialize so I can grow from this "new member" thing.

My favorite expansions are City Living and Get Famous; I don't dig stuff packs as much since I'm big into CC, and most of my build/buy and CAS stuff is all CC.

My favorite modders and CC creators to support on Patreon are: Deaderpool, Turbodriver, Little Ms Sam, and Ellie Simple (her CC is gorgeous)! The rest of my CC I get from TSR and Tumblr... if any other new members want some starter pointers, let me know.

Happy Simming! ☺️
  • prdkacprdkac Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! I've been playing The Sims for many years, but only just got around to the forums! I'm not really sure how this all works yet, so I thought this would be a good way to explore the mechanics of the forums! :)

I think my favourite would have to be Seasons, just because I feel like it added so much more world-building into the game!

I definitely like having the ability to create original characters and their life stories :)

I play mostly with just testingcheatsenabled, just because sometimes I want to create more advanced stories with my sims, and I mean, when have you ever read an action-packed book or watched a film where the characters are constantly getting distracted by dirty dishes in the kitchen...

This isn't really a tip, more like a little Easter egg, but wizards can use magic on one of the dressers that comes with the Supernatural pack, which transforms it into a portal. The portal may be just a rabbit hole, but it's filled with great references to iconic fantasy and sci-fi franchises!

I do have Sims 4, and I have to say that my favourite feature is probably the CAS feature, as well as all the new gestures and movements that the sims have in-game. However, my least favourite thing has to be the lack of an open-world, since that was one of my favourite aspects of Sims 3!

Nice to meet you all! :)
    reneethea wrote: »
    Hello, fellow Simmers! I've been playing The Sims since it first came out, and now I'm an avid TS4 player. I've been a long-time creeper on the forums, but a first-time poster... doing my best to engage and socialize so I can grow from this "new member" thing.

My favorite expansions are City Living and Get Famous; I don't dig stuff packs as much since I'm big into CC, and most of my build/buy and CAS stuff is all CC.

My favorite modders and CC creators to support on Patreon are: Deaderpool, Turbodriver, Little Ms Sam, and Ellie Simple (her CC is gorgeous)! The rest of my CC I get from TSR and Tumblr... if any other new members want some starter pointers, let me know.

Happy Simming! ☺️

Hello @reneethea :) I posted earlier to you on the other thread, Congratulations on now becoming a full member! Happy simming! :)
    prdkac wrote: »
    Hello! I've been playing The Sims for many years, but only just got around to the forums! I'm not really sure how this all works yet, so I thought this would be a good way to explore the mechanics of the forums! :)

I think my favourite would have to be Seasons, just because I feel like it added so much more world-building into the game!

I definitely like having the ability to create original characters and their life stories :)

I play mostly with just testingcheatsenabled, just because sometimes I want to create more advanced stories with my sims, and I mean, when have you ever read an action-packed book or watched a film where the characters are constantly getting distracted by dirty dishes in the kitchen...

This isn't really a tip, more like a little Easter egg, but wizards can use magic on one of the dressers that comes with the Supernatural pack, which transforms it into a portal. The portal may be just a rabbit hole, but it's filled with great references to iconic fantasy and sci-fi franchises!

I do have Sims 4, and I have to say that my favourite feature is probably the CAS feature, as well as all the new gestures and movements that the sims have in-game. However, my least favourite thing has to be the lack of an open-world, since that was one of my favourite aspects of Sims 3!

Nice to meet you all! :)

Hello @prdkac :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    Seasons is a great expansion pack ! It is lovely to see the changing landscapes that come with each season, and seeing our sims doing the seasonal activities.
    Cheats are often very helpful when playing the game!
  • LostLambLostLamb Posts: 26 Member
    I made my own sims challenge and really want to share it!
    LostLamb wrote: »
    I made my own sims challenge and really want to share it!

Hello @LostLamb :) It is nice to meet you.
    You have the request posts but just need a few more points. You will soon become a full member :)

When you are a full member and can start new threads, you may like to start a new thread in the Challenges, Stories and Legacies section of the forums and post your challenge there
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-stories-and-legacies

• LostLambLostLamb Posts: 26 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > LostLamb wrote: »
    >
    > I made my own sims challenge and really want to share it!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @LostLamb :) It is nice to meet you.
    > You have the request posts but just need a few more points. You will soon become a full member :)
    >
    > When you are a full member and can start new threads, you may like to start a new thread in the Challenges, Stories and Legacies section of the forums and post your challenge there
    >
    > Happy simming! :)

Thank you, Rosemow! I appreciate it!
    LostLamb wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > LostLamb wrote: »
    >
    > I made my own sims challenge and really want to share it!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @LostLamb :) It is nice to meet you.
    > You have the request posts but just need a few more points. You will soon become a full member :)
    >
    > When you are a full member and can start new threads, you may like to start a new thread in the Challenges, Stories and Legacies section of the forums and post your challenge there
    >
    > Happy simming! :)

Thank you, Rosemow! I appreciate it!

You’re welcome :) Congratulations on becoming a full member! :)
  • GirlGaming127GirlGaming127 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello I've been playing sims 4 for awhile and I have a question: how do you get the worm hole generator for get to work pack?
    Hello I've been playing sims 4 for awhile and I have a question: how do you get the worm hole generator for get to work pack?

Hello @GirlGaming127
    If you sim is in the Scientist career they can invent it as a part of their career. This link explains about the career and the inventions
    https://simsvip.com/sims-4-get-to-work-game-guide/#Scientist
  • EmmaCorvusEmmaCorvus Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey! Guess I'll start by answering the questions at the start of the thread:

That's a hard question, as they all add so much to the game, and I'm constantly making use of things from all the expansions. I think I've had the most direct fun with Late Night, because I love the night life and city living aspects, but expansions like Seasons and Generations add a lot of nice basic features I'm always using. And I'm also a big fan of the Supernatural expansion, as well as a lot of the objects added in Into the Future... so basically I love all the ones I own (though I still need to actually have a Sim go on a World Adventure or go to University)

How amazingly customizable it is! I love being able to edit town to build whatever new things I want, and also freely edit the colors and textures of all the clothing and objects. It really allows me to play the game I want to. Right now I'm working on a communal town, with no government and police/military, but a lot of community spaces and gardens, and I really like that this is something i can do in the game.

I haven't really tried any cheats yet, as I'm still pretty new to the game.

Not really, still pretty new to it, and feel like what tricks I have figured out are probably already well known here.

Nope, the lack of an open world in Sims 4 kind of kills my interest in the game, sadly.
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    Time to answer the questions at the start of the thread

My favourite EP is either World Adventures or Ambitions, though I like all the EP's I currently have (The only EP I don't own is Island Paradise). It's hard to choose between them, and they bring something unique to the table (I haven't sent a Sim to University yet, but I may do so with one of my current teens in one of my Redux Saves). Out of the SP's, I like using the two I currently have (Movie Stuff and Outdoor Living Stuff). I have used the hairstyles from Outdoor Living on a brother and sister in a Household I'm replaying when they aged to teenagers

The customization aspects, as well as the edit town feature (I have placed empty houses and Households from my Library in my towns to act as "Town Filler" and watching their lives play out.) I also like designing and building homes. I'm discovering new things all the time.

I sometimes enable the "Buydebug" Cheat, but only when I start a new Save, and it's usually a few spawners and a Training Dummy and Board Breaker

Not really.

I don't have The Sims 4, due to the price.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • Mic95Mic95 Posts: 21 Member
    Into The Future hands down. Plumbots? Cryostasis machine? Sign me up any day.

The sheer amount of content is definitely my favorite thing. There's so much I still don't know even a decade later!

MOO is the only cheat I use. No point in cheating money since it cuts a big part of the fun!

I don't. :(

I do! Vampires are definitely my favorite thing. Wish it had plumbots though.
    EmmaCorvus wrote: »
    Hey! Guess I'll start by answering the questions at the start of the thread:

That's a hard question, as they all add so much to the game, and I'm constantly making use of things from all the expansions. I think I've had the most direct fun with Late Night, because I love the night life and city living aspects, but expansions like Seasons and Generations add a lot of nice basic features I'm always using. And I'm also a big fan of the Supernatural expansion, as well as a lot of the objects added in Into the Future... so basically I love all the ones I own (though I still need to actually have a Sim go on a World Adventure or go to University)

How amazingly customizable it is! I love being able to edit town to build whatever new things I want, and also freely edit the colors and textures of all the clothing and objects. It really allows me to play the game I want to. Right now I'm working on a communal town, with no government and police/military, but a lot of community spaces and gardens, and I really like that this is something i can do in the game.

I haven't really tried any cheats yet, as I'm still pretty new to the game.

Not really, still pretty new to it, and feel like what tricks I have figured out are probably already well known here.

Nope, the lack of an open world in Sims 4 kind of kills my interest in the game, sadly.

Hello @EmmaCorvus :) It is nice to meet you, Welcome to the forums!
    Each of the expansion packs have very special features! It can be hard to choose a favourite pack!
    Your communal town save game sounds great!