Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How would you make a Werewolf gamepack unique ?

Now that we have Vampire and "Witches", I'd like to talk about one of the most wanted occult : Werewolf.
I am affraid that a Werewolf gamepack might be too much similar to Vampire or Realm of Magic as they would get either the same powers as Vampires or Spellcaster or power that aren't that interesting.

What are your ideas in orden to make this pack different ?
What powers and weakness would Werewolf have ? How would they transform ? What CAS assets would they have ? How would they get powers ? Same skill tree ? Maybe another UI like Spellcasters ? New world ?

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    They don’t die in extreme heat because of how their body is regulated.

They can’t get sun burned.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    I think it's unlikely, but it would be awesome if werewolves could actually transform into wolves that you could direct to scare sims and find collectables.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Woohoo, can cause them to transform. They need to eat a lot of meat, Make it a painful transformation. Have cursed and not cursed Werewolves. Cursed transform under a full moon they need meat no substitutes to survive and it has to always be raw whether transformed or not. They would be more aggressive and violent with no control over their abilities especially when they transformed. While a non-cursed werewolf can transform at will they eat meat but don't go ballistic if they haven't had any meat in 2 hours. They (non-cursed) can eat rare cooked meat nothing cooked more than that while cursed must eat raw meat. Weres should have heightened senses. Excellent night vision. They are very passionate and emotional. some to the point of being totally Emo. They don't trust humans. They hunt in packs and have a pack mentality. They have Alphas with a strong hierarchy. They will fight to the death when the hierarchy is challenged. They are extremely sociable with other werewolves, especially amongst kin. If you NOT part of their pack you have to earn their trust though they are more likely to ally themselves with other occult races especially other weres. Betray them and they well I won't get into the gruesome details of what will happen. they are extremely environmentally conscious.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Well, for a start, they'd be Werewolves, not swearwolves.

1d7.gif

They'd get angsty around occults they don't know. And vampires would react to their angst with hissing.
    But once they become friends with another occult, they become either super playful, or really laid back. Laid back, as in if sitting on a couch with the occult, will nap with their head on their lap. And super playful, as in will tackle to the ground with a hug as a greeting, and will interact playfully at least 50% of the time.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm just here to support these ideas. :D
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I don't really see werewolves being in a pack by themselves. I could see them being included with an Expansion Pack like Aliens and Mermaids though.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I was thinking that these sims turn into animals, and they don’t like to be locked away indoors. Perhaps they could get a “out with the moon” when outside. On the filpside if the moon is out and your werewolf isn’t they would get tense, stressed. Need to go out and run a bit.

Hmm... that could be fun, no matter what you were planning for them they need “out time”. Don’t know if single parenting or holding down a job becomes too difficult with this. They need to catch up on sleep somehow.

Just brainstorming, having fun.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'd like it if they were normally a sim but became a werewolf at night. There could be other times though like maybe they could chose to transform or if under extreme stress like low needs or explosive anger they would also become one. Not sure what they could do though as they are pretty against killing in this game. The fight animations have gotten good though... sparring and even the magical animations during dueling so maybe they could bat someone around pretty good... Maybe if they bite a sim would have to find an antidote within a certain time frame to avoid becoming one.
    Otherwise I'm not up on current werewolf stuff.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    Someone suggested a Native American pack. Perhaps a combination of that and the Warewolves for the Twilight fans out there?
  • Options
    mandyssims93mandyssims93 Posts: 122 Member
    I want werewolves that turn into actual wolves... yes, like twilight. lol
    So they'd have a human form and a wolf form. You get to design the wolf form too!
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Moon cycles. Introduce those to influence werewolves' ability to stay in their human form or be compelled to transform into their second form. As they "level up", they get better at control and could have a perk or skill on the skill tree that allows them to transform at will.

Have the option of the transformation being either a full wolf or more hybrid shape.

Bring a pack hierarchy within the system (a variation of clubs maybe, with more assigned roles than Club Leader) and different abilities. Yes, I'm aware that the wolf pack hierarchy theory has been debunked but in fiction it's still fun to adhere to.

Maybe make it a shapeshifter option so it's not only werwolves but various other possible animals that a Sim could transform into. Have them be able to communicate with dogs when they're in their wolf form.

As for transforming, I'd love if the devs delved into all the legends about how one can become a shifter: the obvious bite, but also drinking water from a paw or footprint left behind by another wolf (and I'm sure there are more).

I don't know if it's viable to have a full skill tree UI for werewolves but it might be possible with a variety of shapeshifter types. One branch leading to a full animal shift, one for a hybrid type, one for a full-on Underworld-style werewolf. Perks for enhanced senses would be nice too (sensing emotions in other Sims), "curses" like uncontrollable shifting or stronger sensitivity to the moon.

I'd prefer them getting their own GP, but a lot of the above could still be possible if they were a part of an EP.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    edited September 2019
    There are some great ideas on this thread. I would love werewolves IF they could become full wolves. I think they should have the ability to find needed items or collectibles by smell in their wolf form. I think the idea of customizing their wolf form is awesome.

I think they should have a woodland world with places to run, hunt for items, and to gather as a pack. Maybe not an evergreen forest, but have more deciduous trees to distinguish it from Glimmerbrook and Granite Falls. There could be a secret area they go to in their wolf forms.

There should be pack dynamics, but lone wolves should be an option as well. Pack wolves should definitely make friends faster with members of their own pack and perhaps start with a positive relationship similar to family members. They should be able to fight for the position of leadership. The pack leader should be able to influence or force pack members to do certain actions.

I love the idea that they would need to eat meat. Perhaps they would react negatively to anyone proclaiming the virtues of vegetarianism. They would be tense in the city. Though perhaps a lone wolf would not or would be able to be away from nature longer.

Perhaps a special power would be the ability to go without sleep if they transform into their wolf form. This could be tied to the moon cycle.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Someone suggested a Native American pack. Perhaps a combination of that and the Warewolves for the Twilight fans out there?

Oh the drama that would ensue!!

Can’t wait
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Think there should be an aversion to werewolves because of town lore. I think werewolves could add more of a gameplay story than having magic powers. Maybe add Hunter's who want to turn them into regular Sims. But with the risk of werewolves turning Hunter's into werewolves.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited September 2019
    Werewolves are right at the top of my wish list. My vampire needs a pet worthy rival. I personally want werewolves to transform into big hairy therianthropic wolfmen/women, not actual wolves. Regardless, I hope they are as versatile in appearance and behaviour/abilities as our vampires are.

I think a strength/weakness rank system similar to what we have with vampires would work perfectly for werewolves from omega to alpha or something along those lines. I would also love to see a lunar cycle and beautiful forest world included with a werewolf pack. I want my werewolves to be cursed to transform into their 'wolf form' during the full moon. There could be an optional strength/perk to allow higher ranking werewolves to control their transformations for those who want more control. In wolf form the sim could have special abilities, e.g. howl to call pack or scare sims, heightened sense of smell to find hidden treasures, super strength etc. and limitations, e.g. inability to communicate, animal behaviours like sniffing and growling that scare other sims, hunger for meat, unable to resist a game of fetch lol etc. Some weirdly cute interactions between wolves and their mates/spouses and family would be nice too, e.g. hunting for gifts, nuzzling, following them like a lost puppy, possessiveness, loved ones being able to calm a wolf down etc. I also really like the idea of a weakness that causes a werewolf sim to have less control of their emotions nearing the full moon, so they're more grumpy and irritable. Other ideas: lone wolf perk - no need for a pack and decrease in social need decay, leader of the pack perk - always the leader and can command other wolves, werewolf bite perk - can curse other sims to become werewolves, wet dog smell weakness, overemotional in wolf form etc. Also body hair for all sims. There are so many great possibilities for werewolves!
  • Options
    gothiclandgrabbsgothiclandgrabbs Posts: 94 Member
    if you have pets they can talk to pet
  • Options
    gothiclandgrabbsgothiclandgrabbs Posts: 94 Member
    it would be easier to do fitness and pet train
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited September 2019
    Werewolves eat food like this
    MTS_Esmeralda-1321968-WerewolfMeal.jpg

They have the ability to eat raw fish

Have a wolf form that actually looks like a humanoid wolf!
    9314-werewolf-from-skyrim-png
    giphy.gif

They have all the abilities from level 10 Fitness skill while in wolf form/ have it easier to build Fitness skill
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'd need features like these to actually care about them if werewolves are just hairy Sims I have no interest...

- Hunt in pack (when in a pack they will terrorize scare and fight other Sims)
    - Fear werewolf trait (Sim with this trait will run, cry or scream if they see a werewolf not just treat it like another Sim)
    - Werewolf Hunter trait (This Sim loves hunting/curing werewolves and lives to do so)
    - Hates werewolf club option

The weaknesses I'd like to see is wolfsbane used by other Sims on them, silver dart maybe since it cant be a bullet.
    Rikurii wrote: »
    I want werewolves that turn into actual wolves... yes, like twilight. lol
    So they'd have a human form and a wolf form. You get to design the wolf form too!
    Should be a option in CAS to make them fully customizable like a wolf icon and a humanlike decided by players options are always the best.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    First things first, TOGGLE. For some reason toggles aren't a thing in the other packs and I hate seeing things get turned down to nothing instead of adding an on or off switch.

Now onto werewolves. I'm kinda in the camp of big humanoid werewolves rather than actual wolves, cause I love the idea of them just stomping around.
    Other things I would like is:

1. They can accidentally transform (tiny chance) while they're sleeping, if that happens while they are sharing a double bed it will push the other sim off.

2. (Interaction with Pets expansion) They can get fleas and have the option of going to the vet to remove them

3. They take two spaces on the couch to "relax"

4. Jogging is them just running around on all fours (also a rare event of a random werewolf running by at night)

As for the world? How about a Salem like town (I know that's witch territory but shush) where they exiled werewolves and forced them to live in the woods. They given that up years ago, but the descendants of the werewolf families still feel betrayed and rather stay there than live with them.
    Half of the world can be woods and the other can be the town.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    A full expansion Wereanimals pack. The sims can turn into Werewolf, Hind, Centars, Hawkgirl, Hawkman, etc...
    Also, they only eat meat, have new fangs, eyes, ears, claws, noses & full body hairs for both guys & gals.
    Animal like hairstyles, clothing, hats & accessories.
    Weresims look more like animals. (example: greek mythology creatures & the werewolf in Underworld movie).
    The new world needs to be a bigger, darker version of Glimmerbrooke & be called Lunarmoon.
    Furthermore, they must have animal abilities, traits, instincts & strengths.
  • Options
    shykazoshykazo Posts: 1 New Member
    I second for them to have some sort of pack system, like how they could form a pack in the Sims 3, but like...have some sort of hierarchy or different ranks among pack members, like one werewolf be a hunter, while another is the leader, so on and so forth. Also, rivalry with vampires is a must! Plus a cool new world, where night lasts longer like in Forgotten Hollow, for our sims to transform quicker and earlier. Maybe the world could be nothing but woodland as well, but the Sims team could probably come up with something more creative than that. :D They are normal sims throughout the day, feral (humanoid would be my preference, but transforming into a full wolf could be a perk) wolves at night! Full customization, of course, and I reaaaallly wanna see unique interactions between them and vampires, like a unique fight animation, different from the other ones.
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    A werewolf GP is at the top of my wishlist! I'd actually love them to follow the same route as they did for vampires with a skill tree full of powers/weaknesses as they gain power. I'd also love to see the moon phases return. Full moon would cause them to use all of their powers to their highest potential as would the waxing phases whereas waning moons would dampen their abilities. I think werewolves should be able to interact with pets, particularly dogs as well.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    giphy.gif

They have all the abilities from level 10 Fitness skill while in wolf form/ have it easier to build Fitness skill

I want the werewolves in werewolf gamepack to be like this instead of becoming an actual wolf.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited September 2019
    I have to ask... for those who want a skill tree... are there really that many variations on Werewolf powers and weaknesses that a Vampires/Spellcaster/Fame style skill tree makes sense?

I, personally, can't think of more than maybe a dozen (not counting the base transformation), and that's stretching it. Certainly not a full twenty-something. (Okay, I can get to twenty-something if I include sources like Werewolf: the Apocalypse, but while I want to do a Sims World of Darkness, I don't want Sims to copy what White Wolf did.)

I would, however, like to see both a man-wolf form (of the Underworld/Dog Soldiers hulking man-beast type) and a full wolf form. Maybe that last is an option only if you have Cats and dogs? Though I can see people complaining about that.

and I do like the full Fitness in beast form/faster build of Fitness idea.

Packs... I like packs. I don't like using an outdated and inaccurate model of Wolf Society (Alpha, Beta, Omega) for the pack structure.