Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Morgyn

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    @Sheepiling Oh, good grief, that bun had to go. The rest of the outfits (other than the three you mentioned) I just tweaked a bit, but there is no way his hair is normally full enough to support a bun that big.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    unknown.png

My outfits
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    Yeah, let’s get the conversation moving- I’m at work so I don’t have pics of my Morgyn edit available (which took a crash to get right 😭), but the bun that The designers game him is hilarious and I definitely changed it to a smaller, wavy bun.

Also have them waaaaay more outfits for each category because my dude needs to be the well dressed diva that they are.

And is anyone else getting Oscar Wilde vibes from him? May be the drama he exuded in the trailer or the coat. Can’t decide.
    WolfNate wrote: »
    @RobinGreenthumb Sorry bit hard to get used to erm.. That I not really met anyone except like once last year and a librarian but only ever refer to them by name.

It’s fine! I figured from your other posts it wasn’t intentional, which is why I didn’t bring it up the first time. 👍

@RobinGreenthumb

Frankly, I like to think Morgyn as a fabulous bad butt and think of him as Looks like Newt Scamander and is as melodramatic as Snape.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
    edited September 2019
    @RobinGreenthumb

Frankly, I like to think Morgyn as a fabulous bad butt and think of him as Looks like Newt Scamander and is as melodramatic as Snape.

Ooooh speaking of Snape, I should get a swishy wizard robe for Morgyn.
    Ooooh speaking of Snape, I should get a swishy wizard robe for Morgyn.

And this outfit isn't flowing fabulous?

Morgyn.png

And this outfit isn't flowing fabulous?

Morgyn.png

Oh it absolutely is- but less so in game, sadly. 😩

Hmmmm... will have to browse my vast troves of cc to see what works. /steeples fingers.

And figure out which of the 4 other outfits I gave him that I should replace.
    I don't think any outfit would 'flow' in game bub @RobinGreenthumb
    @WolfNate oh I know I can’t get a true flow, but some cc creators out their have some lovely items that mimic a flowing look even if it doesn’t ACTUALLY flow.

And I might have a wee bit of a cc problem to the extent of 15k files in this game, which is adorable next to my sims 2’record of 40k files. 🙃

The issue of course is what does this but also fits our mage.
    Okay so Morgyn has no fashion sense and is a trans male. So now we go that out of the way... Morgyn looks fantastic just for love of god don't move him in or your eyes will bleed from his absolute lack of fashion sense! Dear god that top bun is hideous.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Okay so Morgyn has no fashion sense and is a trans male. So now we go that out of the way... Morgyn looks fantastic just for love of god don't move him in or your eyes will bleed from his absolute lack of fashion sense! Dear god that top bun is hideous.

lol you can edit his outfits with cheats without him losing his sage-hood
    snatch that weave and make him sleep with his normal, curly locks
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Sheepiling wrote: »

lol you can edit his outfits with cheats without him losing his sage-hood
    snatch that weave and make him sleep with his normal, curly locks

You don't even need cheats. You just have to dig him out of your unplayed households not in world menu and edit him there. (I didn't check, but you may need the cas.fulleditmode cheat if you want to change more than his wardrobe and hair.) I'm not sure if you have to unfavorite him afterwards or not, but I did.
    Oh yes, you can either edit out of world or in world and keep him as a sage. I think you only lose sage status if you move them in or play them.

I personally swapped out that weird bun choice with a CC bun that came in a CC Male Fasion pack that was a smol slightly lopsided bun with wavy hair. Fits waaaaay better and is waaaaaay cuter. I have pics somewhere darnit....
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I just want to know who picked his default hot-weather outfit, it looks awful. The shorts are fine I suppose, but that shirt, IRL would leave Morgyn a hot, stinky, sweaty mess. And his man-bun? There is no way he has enough hair to get it that big.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    EEZgIjpUUAYa4x2?format=jpg&name=large
    Just wanted to share this screenshot >.>

He does it all!

He's representing trans and non binary people!

He's really good looking!

He knows magic!!!

He can't skate...????
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member

Bless that uncoordinated dork.

Semi-related, but I'm checking out rebuilds for the HQ, because let's face it, it needs it badly. It occurs to me that the original build doesn't include any kind of sleeping quarters, which a lot of the rebuilds add in (using this one right now!). So if you're designing or renovating it, what are you making Morgyn's quarters look like? I assume the closet full of fabulous clothes is a given ;)
    edited September 2019
    I'm actually waiting for lilsimsie to release all of her renovations because I'm horrible at architecture, and I normally love her builds, but I am planning to personalize the inside of the HQ more after I've downloaded hers.

At the moment I've just been flirting with Morgyn with my sim self >:3

Oh, I did give him a makeover, though!

EEaIlTuUUAAzMay?format=jpg&name=large
    EEaIlTxVAAUZ4cn?format=jpg&name=large
    @Sheepiling I love that you still gave him a mixture of male and female outfits in your makeover! Those outfits are awesome.
    Thanks! I wanted to give him options that actually flatter him because EA did him dirty :D
    edited September 2019
    Thanks! I wanted to give him options that actually flatter him because EA did him dirty :D

I just want to know who thought it'd be a good idea to give him the man-bun. It has to be one of the worst hairstyle options in the game. Love the outfits you picked though, I'm still not overly sold on that black dress though, but that's just me.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults

I just want to know who thought it'd be a good idea to give him the man-bun. It has to be one of the worst hairstyle options in the game. Love the outfits you picked though, I'm still not overly sold on that black dress though, but that's just me.
    Really? I think the black dress is one of the best CAS items from ROM!

Yeah, I don't know why, I just don't like it. I don't think it looks flattering at all, be it on the fabulous Morgyyn or on any other sim. I wish I had a solid answer, but there you go... :neutral:

Yeah, I don't know why, I just don't like it. I don't think it looks flattering at all, be it on the fabulous Morgyyn or on any other sim. I wish I had a solid answer, but there you go... :neutral:
    Haha fair enough. I don’t know why I love it so much but seeing it in the first trailer was a big wow moment for me.