March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Discovering University CONFIRMED Coming on November 15th!

Comments

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    HimRumi wrote: »
    I actually look forward to seeing a Medical School choice included in University or being able to pick different path’s like Business, Medical, Math, Science etc. I’m wondering what sort of good outcome will our sims benefit from when receiving their degree, just hope it is worth it. I haven’t played in 2 months now.... bleh
    Maybe university graduates will enter careers at a higher level and get paid more? Or they'll have careers that require you to have a degree before you can join them, like in Sims 2. But that would be annoying, and it wouldn't make sense for you to not require any education to be, say, a doctor or chef.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    AlanSims wrote: »
    Well there you go peeps. Now that we have Toddlers, Pets, Seasons, Stairs and University, I wonder what are people going to complain about on every TS4 post? :p

My bet is Farming and possibly Cars (lol) still.

For me it would be vechiles, firemen and burglars lol!
  • TinaGFTinaGF Posts: 16 Member
    I found this and they did say we were getting another EP. tons of hints! https://sims-online.com/sims-4-university-coming-soon-speculation-hints/
  • sueplayssimssueplayssims Posts: 126 Member
    I personality want university as an active stage, but only if it enables better things to happen in the game such as Sims starting higher up the career track or being paid more at lower levels.
    I loved the mascots and social aspect of university in TS2. The only sticking point was that university took SO long that at times it felt a bit excessive. It would be nice to have university that takes less time.

I would also like to see other routes of education like short courses, postgraduate. And I'd love the return of private school!
  • Raven101Raven101 Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm not even excited for this pack now because every content The Sims has given us recently feels half finished, slapped together with no real goal or replayability. I'm just worried they're going to ruin it after people have been asking and waiting for the pack for so long! I hate to be negative about a series I've loved since the The Sims 1, but it's almost impossible not to feel that way after being dissapointed by EA over and over again. Usually I pick up a pack the day it comes out but I haven't even bothered with the last two after hearing everyones dissapointment. The Sims is focusing too much on it's look or 'asethtic' and not on actual gameplay, which is good for building but not for actually playing the game.
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Well I really hope the next pack is university. We do need to be careful as leaks have been faked before. With more code or horses discovered recently, I was thinking it might be this.

But super glad if it is uni and looking forward to the teens I have going.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    AlanSims wrote: »
    Well there you go peeps. Now that we have Toddlers, Pets, Seasons, Stairs and University, I wonder what are people going to complain about on every TS4 post? :p

My bet is Farming and possibly Cars (lol) still.

- Missing NPC's
    - Better Babies
    - Cars
    - Spiral Staircases
    - Better Traits/personalities
    - More stuff for children

And much more.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    I’m here for this, but if your Sim attends classes in GTW active career style (goals/tasks), they can keep it.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Funny thing is, I bet it would come out mid November. Couldn't have been more spot on regarding the date 😂😂 anyhoo, interested to learn more about it. Not hyped yet, just curious, but I got my spellcasters and my seasons so everything else is just extra 😁
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    All these new packs appear to be very rushed through. No wonder we are getting so many bugs. If the rumour is true I expect we will get that and then a large Patch before Christmas.
  • adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    All these new packs appear to be very rushed through. No wonder we are getting so many bugs. If the rumour is true I expect we will get that and then a large Patch before Christmas.

all the packs that came out this year till now are really rushed so i hope maybe that they have been working on university even before island living! this is a pack that should be as excellent as seasons
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    adamzaid wrote: »

all the packs that came out this year till now are really rushed so i hope maybe that they have been working on university even before island living! this is a pack that should be as excellent as seasons

God yes, it really needs to be good. I mean, I don't care THAT much about Uni tbh, but some people care as much about it as I did about Seasons and Magic. And I'm honestly extremely pleased with both. So I pray for all the people who've been craving University that they'll be just as happy with it. They really, really, really shouldn't mess this up (and for the love of all that is Unholy, EA, FURNISH the darn thing).
  • CAF84CAF84 Posts: 113 Member
    I’m not surprised University is next, but I am disappointed it isn’t a general education pack. I’m not interested in university-only gameplay and would have been much more interested a school pack for all ages.

I doubt we’ll get a school pack now, which is a shame, as we’ve never had one before. I suppose university is just a lot more in demand than a school based one due to the average age of the fan base. I started playing the Sims when it first came out when I was 15. I’ve bought every new base game and almost every pack they released in the past 20 years, but I do feel that older (and by older, I mean not teenaged or early twenties) fans are being left behind a little by this game, which is a shame, as we have shown the most customer loyalty over the years. The gameplay is just too limited to the young adult stage. Ugh, rant over.

I hope that they make this game flexible in its customisation like they did with seasons and making your own holidays and choices. I have always found the past university expansions to be incompatible with my own experiences of uni because they are so based on American university experiences. Fair enough, it’s an American made game, but with most things, they try to make a Moreno international styled game as this game is such a bestseller worldwide.

Sororities, mascots, majors/minors - this is a different world to what happens here in the UK. I’d like to be able to customise details so they match more closely with what I think of when I think of uni. Even choosing a three year degree instead of 4, calling the years something else (1st year, 2nd year etc.). And for people from other countries, they could customise details to match their experiences. The gameplay wouldn’t change much, but it would feel much more immersive to make small changes like that.

I also hope you can do a masters or a pHD and that it isn’t campus based.

Finally, this pack could be amazing if they use it as an opportunity to do something new that could be used game-wide, such as a band/musician system or a more developed sports system. That would alleviate my disappointment.

Longest post, sorry!
    So when is the Legacy Game being released or will it be released at all? I would have thought it should have been before University. Did all change with SimGuruDuke in charge rather than Grant? It's rather like Maxis are hurrying up to finish what they are working on because it's the beginning of the end for Sims 4. I hope not though.

Maybe the Legacy Game comes after the New Year and would a Farming EP benefit more then with 64bit?
  • gothiclandgrabbsgothiclandgrabbs Posts: 94 Member
    we need a athlete over hual and also we should get to desgin our own uni
    also we need new premades like i mean like alot of new premades and improved art
    and most important improved blogs and also brinck back ashley and cliques
  • mandyssims93mandyssims93 Posts: 122 Member
    Yay! This could be an interesting expansion pack, if they shake it up a bit. :)
  • mandyssims93mandyssims93 Posts: 122 Member
    Being able to study online would be neat.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm disappointed. I wanted to attend highschool atleast if not all ages. Adults have everything in this game. :'(
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Vampris wrote: »
    It’s slightly better than:

Get Educated
    Get To University
    Get a Diploma
    Get To School
    And an even better title than

Get Debt
    Get Loans
    Get Broke

Get Juiced
    Get Hazed
    Get Laid
    edited September 2019
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Get Educated
    Get To University
    Get a Diploma
    Get To School

Get Debt
    Get Loans
    Get Broke

Get Juiced
    Get Hazed
    Get Laid

Get Killed could be interesting? o:)

or simply Deaded?
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Cool!! But I wish they did a general school pack, I’d find it more interesting and needed (there isn’t even a proper school building!!) than just university.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Freshman
    Level One = Fall Semester
    Level Two = Spring Semester

Sophomore
    Level Three = Fall Semester
    Level Four = Spring Semester

Junior
    Level Five = Fall Semester
    Level Six = Spring Semester

Senior
    Level Seven = Fall Semester
    Level Eight = Spring Semester

Graduation

And Maybe Class time is Live active Careers where you just complete or work on an assignment before it's due at the end of a the week or so.
    This stuff is really quite weird to me.

Uni here is often only 3 years, and the way the year is divided varies. Some universities have two semesters per year, others have 3 trimester, and some are by 4 terms. Our university year typically starts in February aka, in summer.
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Get Educated
    Get To University
    Get a Diploma
    Get To School

Get Debt
    Get Loans
    Get Broke