Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could you please post pictures of your sims in their Muslim outfits?

Comments

• Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    and, to try to get the thread back to pictures, we'll introduce the world to chandravati raina, a kashmir muslim and paparazzi in a friend's game ( @Lumiasta ) just because she probably wouldn't post it herself

8414479c26cdd396fda81d99e71ed42b.png

I LOVE this outfit!! I put on one of my sims and she looks so cute!!

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    Jumping on the no cc train was harder than expected.

4fJveuBl.png
    I tried to revisit my sim version of Sana "black is my happy color" Bakkoush, teen character in a tv series.

i like these sporty style
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    And here's one I did first off when the patch first came out with Bella goth. Looks like a very chic look.
    G9iyjJW.png?1
    And one more for the sim from above.
    6YW9omY.png?1

I love these outfits. The lady in black and white looks and dresses just like one of my work colleagues. It is nice to be able to represent all the people we know and admire in the game
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    A9QdbBq.png
    Sitaara Najjar.
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    my attempt, i like the orange one most.
    there isn't much modest clothing in this game. 🤷🏻‍♀️
    F9f8lI1.png
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    Some of the tops are too low cut even if they cover the arms. Our family friend and my mom's assistant/caregiver comes over everyday, she's a Muslim. I was trying to mimic her clothing as far as skirt length and tops that cover everything but are still fashionable but there's not many options. I'll have to post a pic.
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    kirkuk wrote: »
    If you use CC, accessory undershirts and leggings are definitely your friend! Women who wear hijab tend to cover everything from the neck down to the ankles (or thereabouts), which can be tricky on the Sims if you are using majority EA content, but those two CC items make it a lot easier.

Here are some CC-free casual outfit ideas I had last night:

tumblr_pxef9z4Uwf1y2f3k3o1_1280.png

tumblr_pxef9z4Uwf1y2f3k3o2_1280.png

@kirkuk

Exactly what I was thinking. I'll have to use an accessory top for some some of the shirts and I would need to use leggings. I'm copying our family friend and my friends growing up.
  • Options
    loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    Here are some outfits using the new items (no CC).

Caleb and Lilith on a trip
    FEryUtc.jpg

yzBrjf1.jpg
    (I wish we had pants that really looked like they are made of linen)

Bonus outfits
    Vs84Q50.jpg
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    This is one of my Sims. They did a great job with the variety of the hijab colour, it's beautiful!
    AVKdQoxl.png
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    sueplayssimssueplayssims Posts: 126 Member
    Wow there are some great outfits in this thread. Given me some inspiration as I often end up dressing my Sims in the same sorts of outfits or colours and I need to experiment more!
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    They’re nicely worn just as a head scarf instead of only Muslim wear so it’s definitely versatile.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    TistouTistou Posts: 72 Member
    IRL, a muslim that wears a hijab would not show of the chest part. Of course anything can happen in your sim world, but I just thought that if some simmers in this thread wants to do it very close to the real world than this advice could be helpful.

Anyways, I'm so glad for this update, to see some religion in The Sims :) I'm always happy when I see a hijabi IRL because that means it's a fellow religious person (I live in a secular country and I don't know many people who are religious, so I team up with every 🐸🐸🐸🐸, muslim and christian I see!).
  • Options
    zekrayatzekrayat Posts: 1,855 Member
    These both use CC, but...
    tumblr_pxgxjx1RZg1y2f3k3o3_r1_1280.png
    tumblr_pxgxjx1RZg1y2f3k3o1_1280.png
    tumblr_pxdmcsEgPb1y2f3k3o1_1280.png

• Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited September 2019
    She looks great!.
  • Options
    EchovaEchova Posts: 144 Member
    Jumping on the no cc train was harder than expected.

4fJveuBl.png
    I tried to revisit my sim version of Sana "black is my happy color" Bakkoush, teen character in a tv series.

You probably don’t know this, but the first outfit you posted is actually the prison garb in the state where I live. I had to double back to it lol
    Sometimes you’ll see recently released inmates in it on public transport.
  • Options
    i have yet putting my sims with the official hijab, but I did with Cassandra Goth in the past, she looked really gorgeous.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Echova wrote: »
    You probably don’t know this, but the first outfit you posted is actually the prison garb in the state where I live. I had to double back to it lol
    Hum okay. It was supposed to be this
    tumblr_ownb20aXRj1r87uymo4_250.gif
  • Options
    adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    wow all these outfit ideas looks great i will definitely be using some of these combos!
  • Options
    PinkmonkeyPinkmonkey Posts: 188 Member
    zekrayat wrote: »
    These both use CC, but...

I love this sim! Is she available for download on the gallery?
  • Options
    Echova wrote: »
    Hum okay. It was supposed to be this
    tumblr_ownb20aXRj1r87uymo4_250.gif

it looks good either way.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Just FYI, women in those countries that practice Islam aren't allowed to show any private parts or much skin of any kind, so a good number of the pictures on display here don't show the proper respect to middle eastern countries practicing Islam and don't represent what it is like to be apart of such a thing (Strictly from that point view rather can being critical of their take).

Even those women who don't wear the Burqa, Jilbab or Hijab? they still got to cover up and show no skin beyond what is absolutely required with the hands and face when in public, and of course the Khimar must always remain to cover the head. So @Logion and @Happyopi have provided some brilliant creations there that fall right into what is acceptable and look good doing it.
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks, removed a highly inappropriate post from above. Thanks for keeping the thread on topic.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Some of these outfits posted, though modest, are still showing too much skin and aren’t very realistic if the goal is to create a traditional hijab wearing Muslim woman.

However, if you are creating a typical Muslim living in Europe or North America, they are spot-on. Wonderful job, Maxis!

Huh? My comment has nothing to do with the items Maxis recently added. My comment is to the people who are creating these traditional hijab wearing Muslim women with their arms and legs and chests exposed thinking what they’re doing is accurate and that’s not the case.

I mean, if you’re going to do it, do it correctly. That’s all I’m saying.

Or they can do it however the hell they want because it's their game. Not all muslim women follow the same dress code.
  • Options
    ElaineenicoleeElaineenicolee Posts: 95 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »
    Just FYI, women in those countries that practice Islam aren't allowed to show any private parts or much skin of any kind, so a good number of the pictures on display here don't show the proper respect to middle eastern countries practicing Islam and don't represent what it is like to be apart of such a thing (Strictly from that point view rather can being critical of their take).

Even those women who don't wear the Burqa, Jilbab or Hijab? they still got to cover up and show no skin beyond what is absolutely required with the hands and face when in public, and of course the Khimar must always remain to cover the head. So @Logion and @Happyopi have provided some brilliant creations there that fall right into what is acceptable and look good doing it.

If you look up photos of Representative Ilhan Omar, you can see there are some instances where her arms are showing and where some of her shirts are lower cut. I wouldn't say this accounts for most of her outfits, but there are a few out there. The way people dress really varies from place to place.

I believe your intentions are about respecting Islam and that's cool. And I would agree that one or two of the outfits don't quite match up with standard practice. But I feel like there's been so much heat on the forums already. As long as the characters aren't r*cist or offensive, I think it's okay to let someone share. And some of these are really just showing off it as a headscarf, instead of a Hijab.
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »

If you look up photos of Representative Ilhan Omar, you can see there are some instances where her arms are showing and where some of her shirts are lower cut. I wouldn't say this accounts for most of her outfits, but there are a few out there. The way people dress really varies from place to place.

I believe your intentions are about respecting Islam and that's cool. And I would agree that one or two of the outfits don't quite match up with standard practice. But I feel like there's been so much heat on the forums already. As long as the characters aren't r*cist or offensive, I think it's okay to let someone share. And some of these are really just showing off it as a headscarf, instead of a Hijab.

Agreed! Not exactly sure how a nice thread meant to show off recently added assets turns into an “educational session” about what is or would not be appropriate according to real world standard practices or if people are using it in a manner in which they are showing supposed reverence and respect for a religion.

It was added to everyone’s game and people are free to use it any which way they see fit. I use it as a fashion item and rarely so. I hold it in no particular regard other than that. Why? Cause my game= My rules.