Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you hope University Adds?

University Packs are more then just about college and education. They also add stuff and new lot types.

What I'm hoping to see added
Wild Parties
Keg Drinking
Dares
Online Dating Feature
Spin The Bottle
Vibrating Heart Shaped Beds
Shower Woohoo
Woohooty Texts
Kissing Booths
Photobooths
Working Cinemas

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    University Packs are more then just about college and education. They also add stuff and new lot types.

What I'm hoping to see added
    Wild Parties
    Keg Drinking
    Dares
    Online Dating Feature
    Spin The Bottle
    Vibrating Heart Shaped Beds
    Shower Woohoo
    Woohooty Texts
    Kissing Booths
    Photobooths
    Working Cinemas

I'm mostly just interested in the photobooth from that list, and maybe the cinema, that would be cool.

For me, since with the name of it I don't think it'll include grade school stuff, I'm really hoping for

a playable prof career,
    student loans,
    bunk beds,
    scholarships
    new skills
    new aspirations
    school jackets/sweatshirts
    sports team
    new careers
    roommates

hmm. not sure what else haha. I feel like this is a pack that i'll buy, but I'll probably wait until the next stuff pack is out and bundle it with the ROM one hahaha! (I own all the other stuff packs so I have to wait LOL)
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    A teacher profession
    Online dating feature
    Bunk beds, Murphy beds
    Actual roommate NPC’s like the ones that were in the dorms in TS3(idk if TS2 has, haven’t played uni in that)
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Bunk beds
    Photobombing other Sims photos lol
    Laptops you can carry around
    Sorority and Fraternity
    Parties
    But more classes and more careers
    Also a teacher/professor career.
    All Sims can go to college from Teen-Elder like in the Sims 3.
    Scholarships
    Grants and Loans.
    Academic Suspension or Expelled.
    Game Day and the Mascots go head to head.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    @Briana2425 there are laptops were can carry around. The first one came in Strangerville and then one was patched into BG...or do you mean like the ability to use it in the ground like TS3:U brought?
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    edited September 2019
    What I really want:
    - Playable education for kids, teens and young adults
    - Teacher career (may be rabbithole, prefer playable)
    - Roommates system
    - Bunk beds
    - Customizable curricula with different perks for later life, or least the option to pick your own majors/minors
    - Studying from home
    - Boarding school

However, what I think we’ll get:
    - A university campus
    - Roommates system
    - Perks for later life
    - Possibly bands/ sports
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    @Briana2425 there are laptops were can carry around. The first one came in Strangerville and then one was patched into BG...or do you mean like the ability to use it in the ground like TS3:U brought?
    I know we have laptop but yes use it whenever you can't take it out and use unless I'm missing something?

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    I hope that after University they are through with the duty programme a can finally surprise us with some unexpected EPs.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Cricket
    Bocce
    Rowing
    Pub crawls
    University club tshirts
    Optional options.
    The ability to tailor our sims university experiences, and not be restricted to only one narrow version of the university experience

Pranks, such as putting a small car in an elevator, hoisting the deans underpants up a flagpole, cooking pancakes while in a lecture, putting clingfilm under toilet seats, putting buckets of water on doors...

More optional options.
    A wider variety of accommodation options, eg, commute from home, live near campus with your family, live with your granny, who is also attending uni, share housing, extreme share flatting (aka, how many students can hot-bed in one tiny flat)...

Vending machines, that supply EVERYTHING! Need clean underwear? Get it from a vending machine. Need some drinks to take to a party? There's a vending machine for that. Forgot to go grocery shopping? Stop by the grocerystore in a vending machine! Want a burger, or pizza, or hot dog, or chips? Hot snack vending machine! (Who knows how long the stuff has been in there... your sim is juiced, the food is fried, so all is well with the world)

Laptops that you can use anywhere! On the floor! On the loo! In the bath! In bed! Laptops that you can stream with, who needs a tv?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Oh, and a cafeteria and bookstore :)
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited September 2019
    hopefully muprhy beds and bunk beds

very expensive private school

comics store
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Sports
    Online degrees
    Pool tables
    Bunk beds
    Mini fridges
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    CAS:
    - out of bed hairstyles
    - sweaters with uni logo(s)
    - new glasses
    - new tatoos
    - new accessories
    - new traits (irresistable, socially akward, nerd)
    - new aspirations (perfect student, uni forever -> has several deegrees but never a real career)

gameplay features:
    - scholarships (aptitude tests) for teenagers and up
    - keg party
    - graduation party
    - lots of subjects to choose from and different tasks for university students (go jogging/swimming for sport students, use microscope for science students, practise texts for acting students, go fishing for biology students, use operation simulator for medical students, use whiteboard for business students...)
    - new odd jobs
    - new romantic interactions (engagement on table, new kisses...)
    - Greek houses (and tests to get into them)
    - ways to cheat on exams (and possibility to get caught)
    - learn a university dance or university handshake
    - new careers will be available after graduation in certain fields (similar to Sims 2; e.g. teacher, dentist, psychologist)

B/B features:
    - bunk beds
    - murphy beds
    - mini fridges (with new quick meal options)
    - used furniture
    - kicky bag
    - ping pong table
    - pool table
    - photo booth
    - acarde table
    - soccer ball
    - backpack
    - vending machines
    - and all things required for studying different subjects (see "gameplay features")

NO new occult Sims (good for Simmers who don't want them; good for Simmers who want great versions and will get them in GPs).
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • gothiclandgrabbsgothiclandgrabbs Posts: 94 Member
    cliques
  • silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    Here's what I want (Mimicking your post style @Erja888 because I like it):

CAS
    Rebel clothes (eg. ripped jeans, goth-type clothing)
    Body hair
    Teen-suitable clothing
    Traits (that impact gameplay)
    Aspirations (not just 'finish uni get degree', but also things like, get nerd-cred, become master graffiti artist)
    A (bg update) switch to choose gender preference, and gf/bf relationship option

Gameplay
    Non-rabbit hole classes
    Teacher career
    Dorms with npc sims
    Rebel/political gameplay like vandalism and protesting

BB
    Space. Saving. Features. (it's all I want :D )

Joke
    Bonehilda. Nothing was funnier than putting her in a dorm, and watching her mess up my roomie's lives 😂
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    I really hope that they add more than one school, like they did in sims 2. I realise that it probably won't happen, but it'd be nice if there were at least 2 school to pick from (maybe one close tp willow creek and one to oasis springs) that could have different perks and downsides, like maybe a boost to a certain career field or being more expensive. ts3 university got old quick because you were always doing the same thing. You were in the same world, got to know the same people and lived in the same dorms. I feel like even having two smaller university worlds rather than one larger one would give you more replay value.

Also, being able to go to college and not live on campus. You could still have activities that you have to travel there for, where your sim can go alone or you can chose to go with, but I'd really like to be able to live off campus or pretend my sim goes to a college in San Myshuno and lives in an apartment with roommates rather than in a dorm. That would also help with replay value, then you could just make up your own fun college experience if you got tired of the school that came with the game.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I love so many if the ideas here!

I'd also like:
    - After school clubs/activities for teens to earn credits/prepare for University
    At least 2 or 3 new careers (could be some rabbit hole ones and some semi-active (City Living style)
    - Pool/Billiard
    - Table tennis with beer pong option
    - As mentioned already but I want to really get this idea through: an overhaul of the education system for the Base Game (as an update in the patch before the EP)
    - Customizable dorms
    - A roommate system
    - An option for Sims to get a university degree from home (distance learning)
    - Frisbee (but well done, not like mud/snow fights)
    - Sports (some sort of new sportive activity added, competitions would be cool)

Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Not object related. But I wish we are finally able to go into the classrooms similar to the lectures in TS3 University.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    I know we have clubs in get together but Societies in University might be useful 👌🏻
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    I know we have clubs in get together but Societies in University might be useful 👌🏻

Hopefully! I think we can expect them to not add to much of the things that are already in GT for free in university. They'll want people to miss those things and want to get GT as well. I bit of a bummer for those that want partying and a lot of social life in college, but on the other hand, they're probably going to be great together for those who have both.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    i dont like club features from get together it makes the sims when gathering like a robot doing only what the club supposed to do, i hope they improve the social groups from ts3 in sims 4.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I have no interest in university social life and I can't imagine anything more boring than attending classes with my Sims. (It's like tanning - why are people so fascinated with watching their Sims watching paint dry on a wall?) Nor do I want a fully active teaching career, since the active careers are inevitably bugged. (I would say they're fundamentally bugged, because you can't control NPCs.) And I don't want anything that requires me to leave the rest of the household on 'self-care' while I play one member.

What I do want is the option to go to university as a rabbit hole (either for a long period or a daily commute), the ability to take classes online or at night for Sims with jobs or kids, and for teens who have an 'A' in secondary school to have the option of starting university.

I would not mind a 'semi-active' career as an online teacher - I think that could work well, allowing your Sim to disappear into a rabbit hole when you want, or to keep her at home and do tasks related to teaching online students.

I want options for teens that will help them at university, and I want university degrees to give Sims a boost in their career prospects.

And homeschooling and private school for kids and teens.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • mandyssims93mandyssims93 Posts: 122 Member
    I hope they add a online study option. I know it kinda defeats the whole purpose of University... but it would be good if you don't want to go to campus. Plus it makes sense in the digital age. :)
  • mandyssims93mandyssims93 Posts: 122 Member
    sam123 wrote: »
    Not object related. But I wish we are finally able to go into the classrooms similar to the lectures in TS3 University.

It would be awesome if they did that for all classes. And have the options like "Fall asleep" or "Take notes" like in TS3 as well.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    The main thing I'd love to see in a University EP is a customizable education plan. I kind of visualize it being a combination of clubs, the occult/fame systems, and the calendar. You could choose certain goals you wanted to see your sim accomplish and than attend the different areas of the university to accomplish those things.

I just would love to be able to cross the skills and careers from other packs into the university setting somehow.

Also festival-like events that pop up around the new world (keg party, sports event, art party, etc)
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I'd mostly love a variety of different majors/subjects to choose from. I was very disappointed with the subject choice in TS3 University, so I'd love a wider range this time. Or at least majors that maybe link in to the skills we already have e.g. getting a boost in engineering or art if you have the handiness or painting skills.

Plus of course objects like the old murphy bed, beer/nectar kegs, vending machines for food and drink etc.