Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I the only one that saw the true reference in Morgyn?

KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
Like, I have seen a lot of people saying that he's a reference to Sabrina (which for me makes no sense), also seen/feel that he's a reference to Newt Scamander (when he first enters the portal, he's innocence, his clothes, etc), but NOBODY ever mentioned how much he looks like Michael Langdon from AHS: Apocalypse. Like... He was innocent and all of that, had a fast ascension to being specifically Sage fo the Untamed, his color choices, his hairstyle and clothing, his non-binary looks, the fact that the previous Sage of the Untamed is nowhere to be found inside the game... He's cute and all, but he looks evil.
Am I the only one to see this?
tenor.gif?itemid=12661915

Comments

• Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited September 2019
    Oh wow, I do see it now. It's the smirk and the raised eyebrow, too.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Oh wow, I do see it now. It's the smirk and the raised eyebrow, too.

yes, and he is sassy too
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Oh I saw it too ... that's one of my favorite shows and I agree, probably because that's how I want to see him.
    However I think he's more of a merged character pulling from other fandoms too even if it's just looks and dress style ect like:
    mPp7BEX.jpg
    There's sabrina looks and potter stuff ect. I'd love to think the devs were all AHS fans though :).

egTcBMc.png
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i don't see it. 🤔
    morgyn is a walmart newt imo.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• AmandèleAmandèle Posts: 378 Member
    I'm so confused, I honestly don't see Newt in him at all
    Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my first language ^^'
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Amandèle wrote: »

Same. Maybe more of a young Grindelwald.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    I don't watch AHS so I don't know what kinda character that guy is. I still see Morgyn as Newt. Or a Newt wannabe. LOL.
    Amandèle wrote: »

It's mainly his outfit and hairstyle.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Just like Caleb Vatore is a reference to Tristan from AHS hotel.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    SWEET CHEESE THEIR TWINS!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    @Karon I haven't seen AHS Apocalypse but just looking at that pic has me convinced he was a major inspiration with Morgyn!
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Haven't seen AHS but the resemblance is uncanny. Was my theory that the other sage 'disappeared' so suddenly and he ascended to sage of the untamed.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Never heard of the show... but from your screenshot and description I think you're right haha
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I don't see him in any character and I dont see his appeal at all...
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Oh my jeez yes!! I love AHS and he definitely reminds me of Michael Langdon!
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    edited September 2019
    Im used to Langdon with really long hair, and because Morgyn isn't evil (like Langdon)...Im thinking Newt was the main inspiration.
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Im used to Langdon with really long hair, and because Morgyn isn't evil (like Langdon)...Im thinking Newt was the main inspiration.

@BlueR0se I know, he spent more time with long hair on the show. Would've been really interesting if the in-game Morgyn had a longer hairstyle we don't have in the game yet, just to prove that the version we are playing is after the trailers. Some things got confusing, like the sages from the trailers are way more cooler and stylish than what we have, especially Simeon... but...
    Yeah, I also think Newt wast the main inspiration, as Morgyn's personality is far from being evil, but i kinda saw a shift in his personality. In the frist trailer he was all innocent and newbie, but by the end of the second one he was in all of his boss attitude.
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Haven't seen AHS but the resemblance is uncanny. Was my theory that the other sage 'disappeared' so suddenly and he ascended to sage of the untamed.

@LadyKyn Also, now that you mentioned it, in AHS he's part of a male's only coven and they had a feud with the female's only coven going on.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I finally managed to edit and replace the lame sages that came with Realm of Magic

The new Practical Sage, Simeon Silverstar.

asSWZpb.png
    3jK3oT7.png

Turned the L Faba into the witch from the trailer, who I renamed Aine La Croix, the Mischief Sage

OLPcvBp.png
    hwQGDtX.png

And surprisingly, I decided to keep Morgyn but edited his features into less of a generic white dude and more fitting an Untamed Sage

EG5tLYr.png
    5vWPxo6.png
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Newt never dressed like a girl. I think Morgan magically merged with Aine.
    mika wrote: »
    I finally managed to edit and replace the lame sages that came with Realm of Magic

The new Practical Sage, Simeon Silverstar.

asSWZpb.png
    3jK3oT7.png

Turned the L Faba into the witch from the trailer, who I renamed Aine La Croix, the Mischief Sage

OLPcvBp.png
    hwQGDtX.png

And surprisingly, I decided to keep Morgyn but edited his features into less of a generic white dude and more fitting an Untamed Sage

EG5tLYr.png
    5vWPxo6.png

They look pretty cool. Also, I have seen everyone naming this female sage from the trailer as Aine, but don't know where did everybody saw that she's named Aine. Do you happen to know?
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Yup I saw Michael Langson & Newt but more so Michael.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,254 Member
    edited September 2019
    Eh, I still think he looks like Dorian Gray from Sabrina. But, I've never seen AHS to get a feel for Michael...
    But, I literally just based it off of his hair and the fact that he's a warlock lol
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited September 2019
    They do look a lot alike but I doubt it was intentional as AHS does have a high rating due to the subjects in the series and not sure how many people even watch it. I say there isn't an single source of inspiration though, but draws inspirations from various stories, tells, myths, etc..
    Post edited by XxAirixX on
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Let's leave it out with the "agenda" comments. They never ever end well.
  • sgemmsgemm Posts: 38 Member
    Wow! I knew something about Morgyn looked familiar, they seriously are twins. He also looks a lot like Oscar Wilde to me. It's really cool though, Realm of Magic definitely took a lot of inspiration from popular witchy media and you can see it in a lot of places.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Never seen that show, but I guess it does look a lot more like him than Newt Scamander.