Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Discovering University CONFIRMED Coming on November 15th!

Comments

• jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    Evie0602 wrote: »
    I hope it's not completely focused on young adults like all the recent packs.

As I pointed out in a earlier post, it will most certainly be YA and up only UNLESS they make changes to how the education system works. That being said, they redid gardening for Seasons, and fishing or Island Living, so a grade school/high school overhaul BEFORE Uni comes out is a strong possibility.
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    EEEEEE
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    jacechu wrote: »

As I pointed out in a earlier post, it will most certainly be YA and up only UNLESS they make changes to how the education system works. That being said, they redid gardening for Seasons, and fishing or Island Living, so a grade school/high school overhaul BEFORE Uni comes out is a strong possibility.

Yeah a big patch For Primary and Secondary education is due in October or early November then.
    Graduation For High school
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    MasonGamer wrote: »

Yeah a big patch For Primary and Secondary education is due in October or early November then.

Maybe they should make school a little more active/at your own pace? Or maybe they can add in two different school tracks- one focused on a path to Uni, and another focused on a more basic path. I feel like that any high school graduate should come out of it with AT LEAST some basic charisma, handiness, and cooking skill. Maybe logic, too.
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Hmmm....I think a Uni pack should also have some money overhaul, as well. A loan function should probably be added, as well as allowing options for more than one bank account per family
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I like the title. Glad they didn't call it "University Life"
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    edited September 2019
    leo3487 wrote: »
    I mean, it was obviously next so this isn't a surprise or anything, but Discovering University? Weird title :|

It’s slightly better than:

Get Educated
    Get To University
    Get a Diploma
    Get To School

as by name it would be a LIVING
    as only focused at an University neighborhood as was at TS3
    Maybe they choose to no go to a LIVING name as will serve for jobs of current base game and packs, and future GP than add jobs

by City Living and Island Living, LIVING series mean limited to its world

It is indeed a good theory.
    after all would do the trilogies
    Get togheter
    Get to Work
    Get famous
    and
    City living
    Island living
    University Living lmao
    for finish we need one more expansion without without an initial verb

Into the future.

but, i really think what when we get a farming theme the name will be farming living. but anyways i'm curious to know how this expansion wil works in sims 4.

same here i need more depth content for other ages in this game.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Yay!!! Now I can finally have my Xmen School, an actually Magic Academy, an Alien School & a College for the rest of the sims.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2019
    MasonGamer wrote: »

Maybe they should make school a little more active/at your own pace? Or maybe they can add in two different school tracks- one focused on a path to Uni, and another focused on a more basic path. I feel like that any high school graduate should come out of it with AT LEAST some basic charisma, handiness, and cooking skill. Maybe logic, too.

I'd Imagine Writing (English, Languages and History), Logic (Math And Sciences), Cooking, Handiness, Charisma, Fitness, and Painting might be the main focus of Skill building in a Sim's High School Career

At University it could Broaden across all the Skill Types, Hobbies, and Careers

I Hope it's active, I still want to be able to design my own High School and College Campus, Create My own Professors and Teachers, Administrators, Name the school, choose a mascot, the School Colors, the Sport the College and the community around them Rally's Over ( I Prefer Soccer or Rugby over American Football).
    Could probably do 2-4 Classes per day.
    I Just want to be able to have an active school because Most of my story happens Teens, and when they are at school.
    and the clubs I've already created, The Jocks, the Drama Queens, the Gamers, the Preps, The Musicians, etc.

I don't know how it's going to work with someone like me, who plays with aging off, and long seasonal rotations.
    How many semesters, Or will it be like careers where each semester is a Level in the College career track.

Freshman
    Level One = Fall Semester
    Level Two = Spring Semester

Sophomore
    Level Three = Fall Semester
    Level Four = Spring Semester

Junior
    Level Five = Fall Semester
    Level Six = Spring Semester

Senior
    Level Seven = Fall Semester
    Level Eight = Spring Semester

Graduation

And Maybe Class time is Live active Careers where you just complete or work on an assignment before it's due at the end of a the week or so.

Love to see sims learn culture and archeology, and travel. Jungle adventure is cool but not really where I want to adventure too.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • im hoping for 'Campus Living' as a title
    y'all got bread?
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Disappointed here but not much because I was 100% expecting it. I am not disappointed with university itself, just don't care much either way, but I am disappointed it is uni ONLY. I was hoping for an all around school pack that included elementary school, preschool and (less important to me but more so than uni) high school.

I didn't expect it so not super disappointing but it would have been nice haha ,

Maybe the entire school system will get an overhaul like gardening did for Seasons. So that your grade school and high school performance has an impact on your university experience. We can hope anyway.

That would be cool, and it wouldn't surprise me, like you get an A in grade school it boosts you in high school, so maybe an A in high school will boost your uni performance, but what I really want is to follow the kids to school haha! And that's something I doubt will happen. I'm okay with it. Even without anything else added it's still my favourite game in the series (or any series for that matter haha) but I'd be thrilled if they ever did it :)
    ceinwynie wrote: »
    I'm hoping they bring back private school and we have to host an event to the principal so we can send our kids to private school again.

Boarding/private school would be great to patch in for the base game!

I'm hoping for homeschooling as well as those.
  • TurloughdudeTurloughdude Posts: 662 Member
    We better get a factory career on that pack soon. What i want to see is a candy factory and a soda bottler.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I'm hoping they bring back private school and we have to host an event to the principal so we can send our kids to private school again.

I'd love to see homeschooling introduced to the sims! As it is now, I usually have my kids quit school via MCCC so that I have more time to work on raising their skills. School right now is pretty useless unless you just want to get rid of the kids for a few hours.

I'd love to see homeschooling introduced to the sims! As it is now, I usually have my kids quit school via MCCC so that I have more time to work on raising their skills. School right now is pretty useless unless you just want to get rid of the kids for a few hours.

I've done that with a few kids as well, but at the moment am playing without mods so I just have them take as many vacation days as possible lol.
    We better get a factory career on that pack soon. What i want to see is a candy factory and a soda bottler.

That would be really cool! I'd love to see it as a follow your sim to work career. I don't think it'll be in this pack, but it's something I would love as well.
  • Simlie20Simlie20 Posts: 59 Member
    Of course the pack "Discovering University" is going to focus mostly on university but I hope they add more features to the overall school system, like having the option to go to boarding/private school, public school, getting homeschooled, or drop out. I miss the school bus from Sims 3 so if they could bring that back that'd be awesome and possibly field trips. I expect to be able to attend class with my sims actively, the ability to join sororities and fraternities, and pull all-nighters because I know I'll be doing tons of that. If one of my sims is very talented in something they should be able to get a scholarship, a sports one, or a musical one. Cant' wait for dorm shopping! :D
    giphy.gif
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    🤩🤩🤩 I want to believe it’ll be great but...this is EA, and lately the packs seem underwhelming. 😫😫this pack no doubt is wanted by SOME(I know some of you don’t really care, that’s cool.) in this community so I hope they won’t mess this up. 😤😤
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited September 2019
    This will be nice for the people who have been asking for it. University has never been an EP that I've enjoyed in previous installments of The Sims, and I don't expect this time around to be any different. So while I'm happy for other people, this is definitely not my cup of tea. I'll be relaxing in my magical corner with my vampires, aliens, and spell casters, crossing my fingers that another supernatural game pack will come along and gift me with more supernatural life states and shinnies at some point in the future. LOL Throw some juice at a random sim for me on your way to class! ;)
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I mean, it was obviously next so this isn't a surprise or anything, but Discovering University? Weird title :|

Could be a place holder title. It is a bit clunky sounding.

That date sounds about right plus it's a Friday Release Date typical of Expansion Pack release days. I still caution people though that this could very well be a place holder date and the game could release earlier or later then that date.
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited September 2019
    I actually look forward to seeing a Medical School choice included in University or being able to pick different path’s like Business, Medical, Math, Science etc. I’m wondering what sort of good outcome will our sims benefit from when receiving their degree, just hope it is worth it. I haven’t played in 2 months now.... bleh

I agree. I work in a factory in real life.
  • TheWinterMinkTheWinterMink Posts: 8 New Member
    As a current Univeristy student who uses the Sims as an escape from reality, I'm not sure if this pack is something I'll jump on upon release, but maybe I'll end up changing my mind once we get more information.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

That date sounds about right plus it's a Friday Release Date typical of Expansion Pack release days. I still caution people though that this could very well be a place holder date and the game could release earlier or later then that date.
    Plaeholder dates for video games, I’ve seen as December 31st, of that year. This date seems precise, besides Target like many retail businesses has to get info in advance. But you’re right, the date could change. Though if it is released in November, when will the team announce it? They’ve been revealing pack lately when they’re IIRC about 3 weeks away from release. Would a pack reveal warrant a Maxis Monthly? SimgurFrost said they’ll only have one if they have something new for the players.

Plaeholder dates for video games, I’ve seen as December 31st, of that year. This date seems precise, besides Target like many retail businesses has to get info in advance. But you’re right, the date could change. Though if it is released in November, when will the team announce it? They’ve been revealing pack lately when they’re IIRC about 3 weeks away from release. Would a pack reveal warrant a Maxis Monthly? SimgurFrost said they’ll only have one if they have something new for the players.

If it's November probably Announced in Mid to Late October. Maxis Monthly is only for Free Content coming in a Patch but most likely there will be free content coming to the base game as this will be a Pre EP Patch so I'd expect a Maxis Monthly in October or November before the EP releases.