Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are ALL of the premade sims spellcasters?

Ok, despite the flaws with ROM (stairs to nowhere, weird roof color, plain housing), I really like it. The one thing that bothers me is that almost all of the regular premade sims are spellcasters. While I can see some of them maybe being casters, that's a decision I want to make for myself. To me it really takes some of the mystery out of playing the occult if your everyday Caliente, Lothario, Bergensen, Munch, Goth, Pancake, Behr, and Villareal (among others) are ALL spellcasters.

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    It's an odd glitch/bug that alot of people are having...it's annoying for sure.
  • fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    The thing is I've always seen some of them as the type to seek out the occult, that's not the case with most of them. I see premades becomming occult as follows.

Bella Goth- totally see her seeking out and becoming a vampire
    Cassandra Goth- maybe a witch (not sure)
    Morgan Fyres- Definitely a mischief witch
    Max Villareal- Absolutely a mix between mischief and untamed

The others not so much, though I am sure some of the flirty but non committal sims would love the infatuate spell, but wouldn't that make them just more likely to be a witches customer?
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    the game needs a certain number of townie spellcasters as background characters to do stuff...well, in the background... or for your sim to interact with while they're in the magic realm. and it seems to pull from existing sims that you don't have favorited first, before it starts creating random new sims...

so, unless you go on a townie spellcaster downloading spree from the gallery or make all your premade sims favorited (not played), the game will pick a set number of them (around 20 or so) into spellcasters to wander into the magic realm

there are hidden traits that those townie casters get that don't show up for sims you create in cas, so while filling the world with your own spellcaster creations will make more sims show up in the magic realm, the game will still be finding sims to use in the 'training' spots
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    It’s very easy to become a spellcaster and this incredibly hyped GP has too many flaws to begin with.

https://youtu.be/U5rbwXvEJ98
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Yep this is known. Not sure if it’s a bug or an oversight tbh. It doesn’t fully bother me either but again there are certain townies or premades I wouldn’t really want as a spellcaster because it doesn’t make sense. It’s not the end of the world but it’s something I hope they fix because this pack really is such a blast beyond the bugs .
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Its not a bug/glitch. It was on purpose. They thought we would be happier to see the premades as spellcasters than another set of npcs to force randomly generated townies.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I am actually happy to see them being able to become one if they choose to. I wish they had the ability without a mod to ask to be a vampire and such as well. Maybe this will help bring more options for non-played sims to become different occult types that they want to be, that would be interesting to see who chose what. I was always disappointed that when Cats & Dogs came out no previously made sims (before Brindleton townies) were given any pets. So, personally, I like this idea and it is not always the same ones each game I have played. It sure can be fun to whoop some of those you do not like as much in a duel in front of everyone lol
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    Its not a bug/glitch. It was on purpose. They thought we would be happier to see the premades as spellcasters than another set of npcs to force randomly generated townies.

Someone should tell them the real meaning of assume. Hordes of existing pre-mades should not instantly become spell casters. Magical types are a small sub-set, not the whole population.
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Karon wrote: »

Well, they were wrong. It's ridiculous. Especially seeing non-commitment slackers like Don Lothario as a spellcaster. That makes zero sense.

I would have been happier seeing several brand new sims added to fill those roles.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Not a bug, the filter is set like this on purpose
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2019
    SiliClone wrote: »
    Not a bug, the filter is set like this on purpose

Ugh! My list of mods grows bigger and bigger with each pack. :D
  • Fallenxroses7Fallenxroses7 Posts: 92 Member
    I'm fine with this, but they should add a toggle for this so if you don't want it youcan turn it off.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Because of this I will start a new save and use James Turner's pack selector to disable realm of magic along with some other packs I dislike. I would love access to the buy build mode stuff though. I paid for another pack that forces me to do stuff I don't want to do. We should be able to select which occult we want and who becomes them.
    Is there a way to change the premades back to regular sims? I don't want them as spellcasters. I'm so annoyed by this.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Not really a fan of this. I would prefer if they would just spawn random sims to fill the spellcaster roll or make it so that we can choose who becomes one and who doesn't.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • CelestialKestrelCelestialKestrel Posts: 7 New Member
    While it's initially funny it gets annoying fast. Especially people from other packs that doesn't make sense. I have Leila Illes, Don Lothario, Yuki Behr, Mila Munch, Lily Feng and Penny Pizzazz as Spell Casters now and while some I can sort of work out to being Spell Casters most of them make no sense to me.
    I downloaded a mod that prevents premades becoming spellcasters. I had to roll back my game to an earlier backup for it though as it doesn't fix the premades that have already become spellcasters.
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I played all day before finding this out yesterday. I already trashed my save and just not adding another mod to my game. I will uninstalled and not install all the packs I dislike ... get to work parenthood dine out and ROM I wish I keep the buy/build stuff though.
  • Toz91Toz91 Posts: 117 Member
    edited September 2019
    Now, I'm even more glad I don't have this pack. I can understand giving unemployed sims like vampires a random job, but to force premade sims into becoming spellcasters is just wrong. It never happened for me with vampires or mermaids, so unless they've updated the game again while my computer's getting fixed, I'll be happy and I don't think I'll get the pack.

I know you can technically get rid of it with a cheat, but not all cheats are obvious and easy. I agree. This should be a toggle, like in Sims 3. It felt more realistic for certain towns to have cats and dogs, but no horses and for the stupid zombies to be turned off and for there to sometimes only be werewolves and vampires. Also would be great if they brought back hybrids. I would love a mermaid-vampire or an alien-mermaid. If I had the perfect hybrid for me, it would be a vampire-werewolf-mermaid.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Now I understand why people wanted occult toggle option in the sims 4.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    Wow, that is ridiculous. EA should have just added some premades specifically for the game pack. Simmers shouldn't have to use a cheat, toggle, or mod to remedy this issue because then it becomes one more annoyance that disrupts gameplay.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I don't use mods in my games. I had to delete alot of my own households because they were randomly becoming spellcasters. I only wanted to make a handful of them not my previous households without my consent. MAXIS NEEDS TO FIX THIS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE PLEASE!
  • BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    edited September 2019
    I just got it yesterday and I thought I could avoid it by putting a bunch of spellcasters from the gallery (in addition to my own 8 sim family) but I still had a handful of premades coming to the magic realm.
    Post edited by Bobisbae on
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    One of the benefits of playing the same save I guess is all my casters are the RoM premades and a couple of random freshly created townies.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Drakos wrote: »
    One of the benefits of playing the same save I guess is all my casters are the RoM premades and a couple of random freshly created townies.

Ihave not RoM but had read a thread here where "SiimGuruLuth" jeje @luthienrising say just that, your used sims and friends of they no turn into spellcasters