Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

romance gp

Comments

• soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Yeah February would have been a great time to gives us a romance GP. I would have been so excited. Relationships are so dull right now. Missing detail and interactions.
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    Lots of good ideas here.

I would like dancing together/slow dancing to come back
    children having crushes/ kiss on the cheek/kiss on the lips= some kind of family friendly name.

Making out on the couch from S2, cuddling/kissing on beds, tasting food on table and while standing up

I'm glad I'm not crazy, I was sure there was a cuddling on the bed interaction in one of the older games, was there ever a laying next to each other on a couch thing? That's what I'd like, something more natural than the 3 seconds of cuddling, and then instantly moving a foot away from each other on the couch 🙄

I'd Love if they could hold hands while walking! it would be so much more realistic. And actually dancing together would be amazing!

I think that for people who take a lot of pictures, and write stories about their sims, some of this stuff is essential, but I'm not putting any cc in my game in order to get it, because I have no way or knowledge to fix my computer or my game if it gets messed up in any way. So I'm stuck improvising pictures, and sometimes they are pretty contrived.

The other things I'd like to see go away are the times when one of your sims flirts with someone when their spouse/ partner is around. Then you deal with the 8 hours of anger/hurt/ sadness whatever. I don't see that in real life, ever! So why is it in this game!!!

Also, the constant getting up from the table to shake hands or hug or kiss while eating, come on! Does that happen in real life? I've Rarely seen it, and it wastes So Much Time!!
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
    edited March 2019
    Lots of good ideas here.

I would like dancing together/slow dancing to come back
    children having crushes/ kiss on the cheek/kiss on the lips= some kind of family friendly name.

Making out on the couch from S2, cuddling/kissing on beds, tasting food on table and while standing up

I'm glad I'm not crazy, I was sure there was a cuddling on the bed interaction in one of the older games, was there ever a laying next to each other on a couch thing? That's what I'd like, something more natural than the 3 seconds of cuddling, and then instantly moving a foot away from each other on the couch 🙄

I'd Love if they could hold hands while walking! it would be so much more realistic. And actually dancing together would be amazing!

I think that for people who take a lot of pictures, and write stories about their sims, some of this stuff is essential, but I'm not putting any cc in my game in order to get it, because I have no way or knowledge to fix my computer or my game if it gets messed up in any way. So I'm stuck improvising pictures, and sometimes they are pretty contrived.

The other things I'd like to see go away are the times when one of your sims flirts with someone when their spouse/ partner is around. Then you deal with the 8 hours of anger/hurt/ sadness whatever. I don't see that in real life, ever! So why is it in this game!!!

Also, the constant getting up from the table to shake hands or hug or kiss while eating, come on! Does that happen in real life? I've Rarely seen it, and it wastes So Much Time!!

Yeah, in both sims 3 and 2 they cuddled while sleeping. Sims also used to be able to cuddle on bed and watch TV in bed. We used to be able to make out in bed. They never could lie together on a couch though.
    Post edited by soko37 on
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    @soko37

It's weird that they took that out if it was in both 2 and 3, and they claim that this edition is supposed to be more about emotional interaction, sheesh.
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
    @soko37

It's weird that they took that out if it was in both 2 and 3, and they claim that this edition is supposed to be more about emotional interaction, sheesh.

Yeah. There's even more than that. In both previous sims we could also slow dance with each other. I saw someone else mention holding hands like taking walks together and that would be new and very cool to have. At the very least I wish we had the option to walk together even if not holding hands. Like an interaction called take a stroll together and options like jog together, hike together etc...that look like two friends or lovers are doing these things with each other. Sims 4 life can feel so lonely even though, as you pointed out, this series was suppose to focus on emotions and relationships.
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    soko37 wrote: »
    @soko37

Yeah. There's even more than that. In both previous sims we could also slow dance with each other. I saw someone else mention holding hands like taking walks together and that would be new and very cool to have. At the very least I wish we had the option to walk together even if not holding hands. Like an interaction called take a stroll together and options like jog together, hike together etc...that look like two friends or lovers are doing these things with each other. Sims 4 life can feel so lonely even though, as you pointed out, this series was suppose to focus on emotions and relationships.

Exactly and going on dates is seriously dumb. The Sims never stay together or do any cute interactions on their own to even show they're on a date. Don't go to a museum on a date because they're more interested in the stuff there and REALLY don't go to a club because chances are one of the Sims will either do that horrible enchanting introduction to someone else and break their date's heart, or they will just up and flirt with someone or whatever. The entire romance thing is seriously lacking in this and it's funny how almost everyone is begging for this to be changed up, fixed, offered as a pack, etc, but yet it's always kicked aside...but yet we got more winter holiday stuff and the new addition to lunar new year....when is love day going to get the update/upgrade we are ALL begging for....but in the mean time, here's another chair :disappointed:
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited March 2019
    we got blind dates in get famous so there's still hope for more romance even if it doesn't get its own pack
    I'm hoping for slow dance and more drama like a whim to get divorced because romance doesn't always end well
    and also when a date goes bad with an npc I would like them to brake up with your sims as it stand right now if things go
    bad they just get a pop up that says never call me again but it doesn't do anything
    I also wish are sims could makeout standing up
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • AryaKhaleesiAryaKhaleesi Posts: 204 Member
    we got blind dates in get famous so there's still hope for more romance even if it doesn't get its own pack
    I'm hoping for slow dance and more drama like a whim to get divorced because romance doesn't always end well
    and also when a date goes bad with an npc I would like them to brake up with your sims as it stand right now if things go
    bad they just get a pop up that says never call me again but it doesn't do anything
    I also wish are sims could makeout standing up

I didn't know we got blind dates in Get Famous. That's so cool.
    giphy.gif
    "Allow me to introduce myself. I'm another person in the room." -Rhoda Morgenstern
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited March 2019
    I would be very happy if we got a romance game pack this year, we need some slow dancing!
    giphy.gif
    rjssim wrote: »
    I would be very happy if we got a romance game pack this year, we need some slow dancing!
    giphy.gif

me to and slow dancing would be enough for me to buy a pack
  • masuloimasuloi Posts: 66 Member
    @MEP199 I totally agree! This could really make the game more spicy 🌶
    88e00f9777fc8e9e0e1a609abcd94289.gif
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited March 2019
    Almost 2 years later and is it still not in the store. What about better personalities? We are still waiting Maxis.
    r0c5m9K.gif
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Hmmm.... thoughts on romance.
    • Ways of finding love. Matchmaker or dating-help. I have a few sims who have such a hard time finding somesim that they click with. There is some form of attraction-system running now because sometimes they hit it off instantly and other times like my current sim it is just forever alone. Going on a date would be fun, the wishingwell is good but instant.
    • I have been able to get sims together with good partners for years but I haven’t been as lucky with making less ideal versions. The love-hate version or enemies with benefits. That would be interesting.
    • I haven’t done a proper wedding in all these years but I plenty of married sims. Have only done the elope-version. Of course I would expect updates to the wedding-things but I hope that there is plenty of other things besides that.
    • Difficulties with love. One of my favorite couples had such a difficult journey towards marriage. One sim was noncommittal but they had great chemistry and were really lovey together. Still I had several rejected proposals.

Relationships between partners of unequal interest
    Something that I really would like to see, so much that I am taking it outside the list. Romantic relationships where one partner is clearly more into it than the other. Your sim can be absolutely besotted on one particular sim who like your sim just fine. One is head over heels in love and the other is interested or happy to be in the relationship. This could be shown through animations or actions. I play rotational and I could do a lot of fun things with this. I have seen the mini-version of this in my game now. One partner has pink in the bar than the other. I would like that to be more apparent. Maybe they will grow closer with time, maybe not. It gives me room to play.
    Hmmm.... thoughts on romance.
    • Ways of finding love. Matchmaker or dating-help. I have a few sims who have such a hard time finding somesim that they click with. There is some form of attraction-system running now because sometimes they hit it off instantly and other times like my current sim it is just forever alone. Going on a date would be fun, the wishingwell is good but instant.
    • I have been able to get sims together with good partners for years but I haven’t been as lucky with making less ideal versions. The love-hate version or enemies with benefits. That would be interesting.
    • I haven’t done a proper wedding in all these years but I plenty of married sims. Have only done the elope-version. Of course I would expect updates to the wedding-things but I hope that there is plenty of other things besides that.
    • Difficulties with love. One of my favorite couples had such a difficult journey towards marriage. One sim was noncommittal but they had great chemistry and were really lovey together. Still I had several rejected proposals.

Relationships between partners of unequal interest
    Something that I really would like to see, so much that I am taking it outside the list. Romantic relationships where one partner is clearly more into it than the other. Your sim can be absolutely besotted on one particular sim who like your sim just fine. One is head over heels in love and the other is interested or happy to be in the relationship. This could be shown through animations or actions. I play rotational and I could do a lot of fun things with this. I have seen the mini-version of this in my game now. One partner has pink in the bar than the other. I would like that to be more apparent. Maybe they will grow closer with time, maybe not. It gives me room to play.

Relationships between partners of unequal interest would be great good one @SilentKitty
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I feel a romance update would got nicely in a generations expansion which includes hobbies as well. Romance ideas I had mainly themed around weddings
    - slow dancing
    - online dating
    - turn on and offs
    - crushes
    - custom wedding rings (choose a metal grade, optional implant crystal, materialistic sims are upset with cheap rings, like the mobile app)
    - bachelor/hen parties
    - hiring a photographer who gives random first person photos at the end
    - Honeymoon
    - anniversaries auto appearing on the calendar
    caitytrina.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited March 2019
    CaityTrina wrote: »
    I feel a romance update would got nicely in a generations expansion which includes hobbies as well. Romance ideas I had mainly themed around weddings
    - slow dancing
    - online dating
    - turn on and offs
    - crushes
    - custom wedding rings (choose a metal grade, optional implant crystal, materialistic sims are upset with cheap rings, like the mobile app)
    - bachelor/hen parties
    - hiring a photographer who gives random first person photos at the end
    - Honeymoon
    - anniversaries auto appearing on the calendar

And more kiss types both standing and sitting and also romantic interactions in bed. I want my sims to cuddle,snuggle,kiss,makeout,spoon and chat in bed. I have the pillowtalk mod but it's random what they do and they have to woohoo first. I'd rather do it when I want and pick the interaction. Sims shouldn't have to woohoo to do this.
    still need a romance pack
  • StarshineLCBStarshineLCB Posts: 2 New Member
    I would just be happy with npc able to propose. Like if a vamp wants to change me they invite me over "something i want to ask you..." Why can't this be a thing but instead of "do you want to be a vampire" make the question "will you marry me/will you be my boyfriend/girlfriend" with a yes no option. That said walking together if your "in a group" selecting "go here together" would be a nice touch.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    Last night, a lounge bartender whom my Sim had been talking with a lot the previous night invited her to the Romance Festival. Clearly the bartender was interested in her so it would be nice to know what exactly their thoughts were. Friendly, funny, attractive? All of the above? I mean, of all the people my Sim met while at the bar, what made the local bartender decide to invite her out?
    2quwd7.gif

• M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    What about couple problems and couple therapy? And one could also play as the therapist? :)
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    And I want drama! Jalousy, cheating, exes...
    I would just be happy with npc able to propose. Like if a vamp wants to change me they invite me over "something i want to ask you..." Why can't this be a thing but instead of "do you want to be a vampire" make the question "will you marry me/will you be my boyfriend/girlfriend" with a yes no option. That said walking together if your "in a group" selecting "go here together" would be a nice touch.

I really like your idea I hope they do that with proposals that would be so nice @StarshineLCB
    What about couple problems and couple therapy? And one could also play as the therapist? :)

I want it
    And I want drama! Jalousy, cheating, exes...

I want this even more then your other idea @M1ss_Plumbum
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    And none of these fantastic ideas about proposals and whatever romantic/positive stuff won't amount to a hill of beans unless Sims get a loyalty trait :( The soulmate thing you get is lame and should have implemented loyalty, but instead you "bear one anothers burdens" Gee...thanks. I'm so tired of my Sims going somewhere and they either do that horrible enchanting intro or just flirt shamelessly altogether. DUMB. It's a grand and glorious thing to be able to see my Sims holding hands as they walk somewhere and shyly kiss by a tree, but if one's going to run off seconds later and flirt with someone else while their partner stands casually by like a dork then what's the point? They cheat and do dumb junk on their own...sure, boost it up for more drama, I'm all for that, BUT if couples are bonded or even married, loyalty needs to be a thing and a thing first and foremost. I want to take my Sims out without my having to baby sit their every move because of that random flirt trash.