Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Discovering University CONFIRMED Coming on November 15th!

Comments

• MaddieplaysgamesMaddieplaysgames Posts: 125 Member
    I'm happy
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    fifteenth of november? our well sooner than i expected. Apparently we will have an announcement soon or until the end of the month since Realm of Magic had its trailer announced 3 weeks before being a gamepack, I imagine expansions have a month to pre-order and such things
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I mean, it was obviously next so this isn't a surprise or anything, but Discovering University? Weird title :|

Agreed. Why was “discover” necessary?
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    I mean, it was obviously next so this isn't a surprise or anything, but Discovering University? Weird title :|

It’s slightly better than:

Get Educated
    Get To University
    Get a Diploma
    Get To School

as by name it would be a LIVING
    as only focused at an University neighborhood as was at TS3
    Maybe they choose to no go to a LIVING name as will serve for jobs of current base game and packs, and future GP than add jobs

by City Living and Island Living, LIVING series mean limited to its world
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Disappointed here but not much because I was 100% expecting it. I am not disappointed with university itself, just don't care much either way, but I am disappointed it is uni ONLY. I was hoping for an all around school pack that included elementary school, preschool and (less important to me but more so than uni) high school.

I didn't expect it so not super disappointing but it would have been nice haha ,
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Vampris wrote: »
    It’s slightly better than:

Get Educated
    Get To University
    Get a Diploma
    Get To School
    And an even better title than

Get Debt
    Get Loans
    Get Broke

:D
  • ej_4_simsej_4_sims Posts: 30 Member
    Ok great can we get cars after this 🥴
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    AlanSims wrote: »
    Well there you go peeps. Now that we have Toddlers, Pets, Seasons, Stairs and University, I wonder what are people going to complain about on every TS4 post? :p

My bet is Farming and possibly Cars (lol) still.

It’s a safe bet.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member

Could be a place holder title. It is a bit clunky sounding.
  • bruceleroy98bruceleroy98 Posts: 333 Member
    If true, I'm hyped.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    People really need to be careful with game leaks. I remember reading about some guy in another country who kept leaking an upcoming Pokemon game,and the guy was eventually caught and arrested;seems like Game Freak didnt like him leaking all sorts of info on the upcoming Pokemon game.There was also talk of the gu stealing from GameFreak as well.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    People really need to be careful with game leaks. I remember reading about some guy in another country who kept leaking an upcoming Pokemon game,and the guy was eventually caught and arrested;seems like Game Freak didnt like him leaking all sorts of info on the upcoming Pokemon game.There was also talk of the gu stealing from GameFreak as well.

No risk, no reward!
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    Good they need to get it out of the way and bring on farming.
  • jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    edited September 2019
    On one hand, I can now make a sensible story with my Ultimate/Super Sim Challenge, and am sure this pack will come with some cool stuff that I will enjoy playing with. And it will hopefully silence the anti-occult/pro uni crowd who have been putting down everything that isn't Uni. On the other, if this pack isn't to their expectations, we'll get an even stronger wave of negativity.

I'm already suspecting that the degrees will do the same thing as the reward trait Connections...and that it will be YA and up that can go to Uni. I personally would be FINE with that, as I don't get upset about different options for the same/similar things, but I can already see some people being angry about that.

I hope they update education in general so that it's more interesting. Also, if they wanted to allow teens to go to uni, there would need to be an option to either graduate high school early, or earn uni credits in high school, which would be neat and reflect RL options.
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    ceinwynie wrote: »
    I'm hoping they bring back private school and we have to host an event to the principal so we can send our kids to private school again.

Boarding/private school would be great to patch in for the base game!
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I am trying to work out

If caught this employee would definitely be fired from their job sharing this sort of stuff, especially taking photos of the actual system, is hardcore against their employment contract. EA would more then likely not go after the individual involved but they could take it out on Target as there is probably something in their sales agreement against leak info about a certain product. I've never worked for Target but I have worked retail and worked with a company that dealt with Disney and ooh boy they are SUPER FUSSY about thinks being leaked early I'm guessing EA has a similar attitude.

As for University I'm trying to work up any sort of personal excitement over this and all I'm coming up with is EH. Maybe it will Surprise Excitement like Get Famous did. I'm not really holding my breath since it's clearly focusing soley on University and is unlikely to make my hopef for changes to the rest of the Sims Education system.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I hope it's not completely focused on young adults like all the recent packs.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2019
    People really need to be careful with game leaks. I remember reading about some guy in another country who kept leaking an upcoming Pokemon game, and the guy was eventually caught and arrested;seems like Game Freak didnt like him leaking all sorts of info on the upcoming Pokemon game.There was also talk of the gu stealing from GameFreak as well.

Yes, as a Target Employee myself, I kind of want to smack that team member upside the head for doing this.
    Target's Confidential Policy is kind of rough, We're not allowed to take pictures of, or even speak of, Street Dated Items.
    Like I had a couple of expansion packs in my hands a couple of weeks before they released, over the past few years, I wanted to take pictures and post here and be like "You Guys! Get Together arrived!" to tease everyone, but I know I can't.

Especially when Kingdom Hearts III was coming out and I was lucky to be working the night before release god the excitement does make someone do something impulsive sometimes.

But He seems safe, his profile, from this perspective, doesn't give too much about his personal information I don't know how strict his HR is, and the picture doesn't give his team member information, so he might be able to get away with it.

I wish I didn't leave work so soon, I'm curious to search my store now.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif