Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Whats your favourite festival?

Comments

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I think Geekcon is really interesting, but I definitely send Sims to the Humor and Hijinks festival more often than any other festival.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Spice or Romance. I like to take couples to the Romance Festival to celebrate their love and have an enjoyable date. Whereas the Spice Festival is a fun family thing, where they can all enjoy experimenting with food or trying their hand at the eating contest.

GeekCon might also be fun, but I haven't tried it yet. I haven't had a sim that would really want to go.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited September 2019
    I like Romance Festival on spring because I can get Bird of Paradise flowers and Spice Festival on fall because of Dragonfruits since both are basically impossible to craft now (thanks for Seasons).

Romance Festival would be great if there would be single Sims to romance with, but every time it's just full of married premades, Goths, Landgraabs, Bjergsens etc.
    Post edited by Kimmer on
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    Romance and Spice Festivals. I take my would-be couples to the Romance for advice. Those who have read my blog about my Global Superstar could see why he needed advice, that too many times he ignored. LOL As for the Spice festivals, I used to have my Sim go there not to just grab some spices, but to harvest tomatoes, which suddenly they are no more. :open_mouth: Trying to find them has been quite a task, too.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    My favourite varies, it used to be Romance Festival or Spice Festival, but recently I've enjoyed Haunted Hijinks. I have accidentally set my holidays so that new year happens at the same time with Haunted Hijinks. It's really nice to send sims over there to watch fireworks and enjoy the city.

Aww, man. I thought I'd missed a whole festival, and there was a Halloween-style festival that I'd completely failed to notice. Then I realised it was a typo.

Sorry! I can't believe I spelled it like that, but I'm a former Neopets player ohoy :joy:
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 329 Member
    I like the Romance and Spice festivals as well. They seem to be popular with other simmers too!
  • VyStarlitVyStarlit Posts: 74 Member
    My fav is the romance festival and the Geekcon, but I don't think I ever had a sim go to the spice festival.
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    Spice market, Romance festival and then GeekCon in that order.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Flea Market and Humor and Hijinks Festival
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Spice Festival! I love having my Sims attempt to learn as many recipes as possible, and there's nothing like bringing the entire household out for free food.

I attend as many festivals as possible, though.

When I'm playing a non-rich family, I also go to the flea market. My runaway teen got a really nice couch there and stuck it in his apartment. Things get easier when Sims are getting better quality sleep! I've gotten married and renewed vows at the romance festival, and always ask the guru for advice.

The only ones I ever skip, and it's just if I'm doing something I don't feel like organizing again, are GeekCon and the Humor and Hijinks festival. Humor and Hijinks is mostly a social event with fireworks at the end. I really like GeekCon, but I hate that it leaves Sims in some of the worst situational outfits afterward. Moira Fyres is STILL appearing all over one save in some kind of alien/creature mask, and I've asked to see her everyday outfit twice!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    The Flea Market. I'd say Geekon comes second for me, but the Flea Market is the only one I ever really go to nowadays.

Overall, the festivals got kind of repetitive and boring to me, so I don't often go anymore.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Spice is my favourite as my sims get free food there and I love the vibe of that festival. The only one I don’t often send my sims to is geekcon
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    My favourite varies, it used to be Romance Festival or Spice Festival, but recently I've enjoyed Haunted Hijinks. I have accidentally set my holidays so that new year happens at the same time with Haunted Hijinks. It's really nice to send sims over there to watch fireworks and enjoy the city.

Aww, man. I thought I'd missed a whole festival, and there was a Halloween-style festival that I'd completely failed to notice. Then I realised it was a typo.

It would be cool if they would add fairs and carnivals around the different towns like they did the skating and ice skating rinks.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Spice festival. It's a good one for whole families to go to, even the toddlers can help themselves to the food on the tables. And there's other things to do there like basketball, monkey bars & karaoke. I also like Geek Con, but only in the summertime & for the same reasons. My sims get summer vacation, so it's a good family outing.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited September 2019
    Favourite is Romsnce festival just because its so pretty.
    But I find each plays a purpose for my sims

Geekcon: best for singles and meeting a partner by a long way. At least 60% of sims there seem to be singles and in marriage range. Good for building fun and also has usable spaceship which is handy for aspirations and collectables. Plus telescope (skill or woohoo) Big Big con though is strange situational outfits and I dont own seasons but apparently it causes issues.

Romance and spice festival get you great plants for improving your garden

Spice and flea market great food variety

Flea market people sell collectables plus also good for meeting singles

You can act or sing or play instruments at any + fame

Humor hijinks good for fun or for skilling needs this is by far my least favourite i only use it if i have a mischief or evil sim
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Spice festival because of food, farming, and breathing fire.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited September 2019
    The Spice Festival, without a doubt. Nearly all of my sims go to that at least once; some of them go often. I rarely go to the Romance Festival, and the other two only if a particular sim's career or traits are relevant.

ETA: I clearly forgot the Flea Market was even a thing, so obviously I never go to that one!
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Also, the thing that is most frustrating to me is that Geekcon is always during work hours and on workdays for my computer programming and scientist career sims, which means they would have to take the day off... but I never get the popup for it until they are already at work, so they would have to leave early, which seems even worse.
  • fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    Romance, Spice, and Flea Market absolute favorite depends on the story I'm trying to create.
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    I'd have to say Geekcon because it's the only one my sims actually autonomously participate in. Romance festival they usually just stand on one spot and do nothing really. The spice festival and the flea market they usually just play basketball at the basketball court even if it means freezing to death or they watch the guitar player and laugh at them. That's another thing, who's idea was it that the reaction to watching a musician performing was laughing? Very strange.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    I never miss the Spice Festival!
  • Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    The Spice and Romance festivals. The flea market is nice too.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    My favorite is the flea market and spice festival. But I do have a few sims I have taken to the humor and hijinks festival, I have one set of sims that got engaged at the romance festival, and I got pictures there. But, like others said.... too many married couples at that one to go there to find romance. Geek con I take my computer people and scientists there sometimes, but many times they work when it comes about....
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    The Spice festival, I like to grab all the harvestables.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Either the Spice Festival or the Humour and Hijinks. I love them all really, but I go to those two most often.