Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Realm of Magic Rating

Sooo, here it is again, another edition of my "How do you rate ______"-thread.

I purposefully waited for a little while this time, hoping that those who end up rating the pack have actually bought and played it for a bit, since the goal - as always - is for our ratings to help out others who are still on the fence about getting this pack. Since grouping the numbers together hasn't been so great for everyone last time, I've decided to add each number between 1 and 10 to the poll separately this time. Hope that's better.

I will add my own thoughts and feelings in a comment later on, but let me just say that I think RoM is a really great pack - despite some minor inconveniences.

So without further ado: on a scale from 1 to 10 - 1 being "I wish I could return this atrocity" and 10 being "Simtastic, best pack ever" - how would YOU rate Realm of Magic?

Your Realm of Magic Rating 190 votes

3%
EchovaDragonAge_300905SavvySimmieFaust-RSIItsJanierbella_gothKALIAMMA 7 votes
3%
MarivannaMoonfoxNightcrySigzy05OldeseadoggeNorthDakotaGamerizecson 6 votes
1%
duhboy2u2siminetteKscSimmer 3 votes
3%
catitude5marcelmagiera12Raven101EttaHeatherInMyHeartbubbajoe621T0xicCUpcakes 7 votes
7%
brackencat31Bloosmoofruitsbasket101catloverplayerAmj1995BabykittyjadeEvaliynAHolyToiletVivi_WillowTreeCommaSpliceThemrsg4422DianesimsSERVERFRAMindsimscreateSimsandra 15 votes
10%
GoldmoldarNh6650KhariistoryySageRainWillowAngelluluKaeChan2089bevilleFluorescentSoapSelinaKylesLaruhellsara4681adele_katannalephantboykinater18Ja_rdeAirakaleCharlotta11gemjas 19 votes
24%
Frn0731icmnfrshKita5399kippy300AyradyssIllandryaSleepycatDSLSimpatsyannMagdaleenaJeansooshygirlloubylouloupajamajam07MilutinMujovicMirichaHumility925taydevpsychoticaLissyK9AlbaWaterhouse 46 votes
25%
DannydanboAkl500PIcewolfaelias24sillehbeestarrling33CamkatPlayerSinger2010Kelleygirlsimm621Thunderbat87Mariefoxprice83simgirl1010Mindofymarcel21N0NoTToN0NPegasyssimmietimeJACKIEJOYemere 48 votes
14%
IceyJSimburiancchant86simfriend1968thistle0tattooDeathCoil13ashcrash19Foxrox77JohnVanGouldfiercephoenix91Winifred_Willowryttu3kPotterheadSimjennlynhcomicsforlifeBusufuOldGeekWomanGamingTweetysimgravesWallSims4ever 27 votes
6%
StilettoBlackmcruddCeres_MeirionaSimSwim2FreygeaWinterKhirinsmurf45blueKiloD2rjssimSims4MagicalTalesIrishDashhunLoLyChupa 12 votes

Comments

• StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    A solid 7 from me. It's not the "best pack evvahh", but definitely one of the better ones, and I feel I got what I paid for. :smile:
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I myself would give it an 8. I love it a LOT, and think there's some really awesome stuff in it.

Things I love:
    - I think it's cool that we can improve the quality of crafted items
    - In general, I'm in love with the practical magic stuff
    - The spells are, for the most part, really great
    - I love that mischief magic is a fun way to be mischievous (I tend to hate trying to have a mischievous sim, but with RoM it's way more fun)
    - I love that mischief FINALLY gives us an easy way to have negative character values for teens - it's always been so hard to have negative character values, so I'm very happy about this
    - The Realm is super pretty and even better with a bit of extra editing
    - I know others have said that magic is way too easy but I've now played for +- 15 hours and I haven't been able to max out any sim in anything yet. Maybe my game is buggy cause they don't learn potions from experimenting on the cauldron, and they don't learn spells from practicing magic (at least not fast? I think one of them has learned something this way, but I may be imagining that). But either way, I like it this way! I think learning magic is well-balanced, and well I honestly don't want it to be super difficult either, cause if it was I'd probably only do it once or twice, since it would take way too much time.
    - I love the different schools of magic and that I can focus on having my sims learn only one type of magic (mischief / untamed / practical), or alchemy, or both, or multiple ones. It allows me to create very different kinds of spellcasters and that's awesome!
    - I love that it makes gardening / collecting / herbalism way more fun and useful
    - Familiars follow teens to school as far as I can tell, which is great

Things I wish they had included:
    - For Scruberoo to also clean litterboxes, laundry, etc. That would've been really cool.
    - More recipes, drinks, etc. would've been nice
    - Two editable lots in the Realm - HQ & a bar or magical restaurant or something like that
    - Kids and toddler items
    - Kids and toddler magic (but I'm VERY happy kids can have familiars at least)
    - Yeah, the houses should be better, I do agree with this. I don't care THAT much, but like HQ at least should be fully and completely built and pretty, since, in theory, we shouldn't be able to live there or edit it .. so I feel that at least that one should have been way more complete
    - No cabinets - I mean why?? WHY? WHY?????
    - A bit more cross-pack compatible spells would've been neat, even if I'm very happy with the spells we did get

I'm sure I'm forgetting some things but overall, this sums it up.

Again, it's a super nice pack. I am so happy I have my witches back, but since this is the most important pack to me after Seasons, I am more critical about it than, say, an IL pack because I simply don't need islands and beaches. But for the fact that my hopes and expectations were so high, RoM definitely met them and, at least in some areas, exceeded them. I wish that next time they make it an EP again though, because there's so much more we could've gotten, but it's a very decent GP. :)
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2019
    e5b0224150e6ca410cef197021e0bc75.gif

I’m feeling generous today.

I’ve talked myself into the delusion that It has potential, I hope to see this pack built off of in many ways as we continue. But right now I would call the Realm of Magic a solid foundation to magic.

As we go on, and mods and other content releases I think it could be better but alone... ther other content cas, build buy, is okay, i’m Not going to use it, i don’t think, I love Glimmerbrook and I haven’t even fully explored it yet, I peaked my head through the portal and turned around, but this isn’t enough in terms of magic and spells. Magic itself was suppose to be the central focus, an abundance spells and potions. Personally I feel like they could have scrapped some stuff if it meant more spells.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    MasonGamer wrote: »

I’ve feeling generous today generous

I’ve talked myself into the delusion that It has potential, I hope to see this pack built off of in many ways as we continue. But right now I would call the Realm of Magic the foundation to magic.

As we go on, and mods and other content releases I think it could be better but alone... this isn’t enough in terms of magic and spells.

I saw your comment in another thread about perhaps adding in more spells as we get other content, and I sincerely hope they'd consider doing that. Cause that would be really neat, if say, they'd get a "studious" spell when uni comes out. I doubt it, but it'd be kinda cool :D
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »

I’ve feeling generous today generous

I’ve talked myself into the delusion that It has potential, I hope to see this pack built off of in many ways as we continue. But right now I would call the Realm of Magic the foundation to magic.

As we go on, and mods and other content releases I think it could be better but alone... this isn’t enough in terms of magic and spells.

I saw your comment in another thread about perhaps adding in more spells as we get other content, and I sincerely hope they'd consider doing that. Cause that would be really neat, if say, they'd get a "studious" spell when uni comes out. I doubt it, but it'd be kinda cool :D

Yeah i’m Not talking like a trope of spells but a couple would be nice.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    I have like 4 critiques but mostly love it
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    It's the best game pack. :)
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    I love spellcasters, but the quality of this pack is really raw. It could be much better. So... 7.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    I waffled between a 7 and an 8, but in the end the gameplay (which is very fun) pushed it to an 8.

I mean, I can see where they could have done so much more, and I'm not sure how much of it was lack of time and how much was lack of priority, but I'm having so much fun with this pack, and I can fix much of what's lackluster in building myself - which yes, maybe I shouldn't have to, but I don't mind doing it.

So the two points off are for the things they could have done but didn't that I can't fix (without mods in some cases, apparently)
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    If the bugs werent a nuisance this would get an 8 from me. I wanna start selling potions already!

It's good having another occult as developed as vampires. Personally, occults should just have their own packs instead of being shoehorned into others. The gameplay is keeping me interested, and also got me to do things ingame I dont usually pay attention to. I wont say this is my favorite GP, but its worth the money. But these bugs gotta get fixed soon.
    If the bugs werent a nuisance this would get an 8 from me. I wanna start selling potions already!

It's good having another occult as developed as vampires. Personally, occults should just have their own packs instead of being shoehorned into others. The gameplay is keeping me interested, and also got me to do things ingame I dont usually pay attention to. I wont say this is my favorite GP, but its worth the money. But these bugs gotta get fixed soon.

I agree! Looking forward to starting my magical store with potions, brooms, and tomes!
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Going with a 9 because "best pack ever" doesn't quite fit though it's really close. That said, I don't know which pack would get a 10 (I don't have them all yet).

I've had a little more time to play today (and didn't get stuck on roofing lol) and there are so many things I love about it - the design, the way so many objects are interactive, the familiars, the spells, CAS (I'm not even that much of a CAS fan but the things we got in RoM are right up my (Caster's) alley), the whole new layer of gameplay. I love the pack, seriously. And I can't see myself getting bored of it anytime soon.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I gave ROM an 6 which it barely made that as I find the Neighborhoods sparse with only 5 lots occupied or not, the other aspects of the game is doable. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • KALIAMMAKALIAMMA Posts: 25 Member
    its impossible to play this pack with so many bugs
  • Ja_rdeJa_rde Posts: 19 Member
    I love the idea of the pack its very interesting but I also feel there could have been more added to make it re playable
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited September 2019
    It's no Makin' Magic (and to be fair, it's only a GP), but it's still pretty fun. And a lot of spells can be integrated into my everyday gameplay.

There are a few areas of improvement (more stuff for kids and toddlers, more gameplay in the magic realm, more Glimmerbrook lots etc.), but it's out there. So yeah. :D

Oh, and personally I would've liked spells that altered a sim's physique like the ones in Sims 2 Apartment Life. I would've used those a lot. :D And cross-pack spells like the charm that made you famous in MM. Maybe even just letting the scruberoo spell take care of laundry.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    It's just the old features in a slightly new look, that's all. Lazy work.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    This is based on extensive reading here in the forums and seeing various reviews and trailers. Not gotten it yet, and looking more like I won't. What I'm seeing is: seriously buggy - several bug threads with few if any overlapping problems and bugs are often serious not just annoying, gameplay fundamentallly lacking - once you get past the initial rush it quickly becomes a grind (like strangerville), buildings are poorly designed and worse executed, beds & chairs do nothing to improve comfort/energy, missing sage sims, frequent comments of it looks pretty but shallow substance - a lot like IL. That should do for now. Like what we've been getting of late: interesting ideas but flawed execution & QC.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    it has no whims and no new skills that being said it did what it promised and also dragon
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Looks like a good pack, since the majority have said it's an 8/10.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• AirakaleAirakale Posts: 97 Member
    Five points for B&B. Great job.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited September 2019
    I really feel like an 8 is where I’m at. The BB and CAS are both amazing and I love how versatile they made both. Glimmerbrook is so pretty that I cannot wait to move my current spellcaster there. I already built her a little house she just needs to age up. I like how I already see the replayability with this pack.

I’m only just now really messing with spells and potions and I just find it incredibly fun. I see multiple spell casters in my future because of the fact that you can in my opinion make them so very unique using their spell knowledge/potion knowledge and perks as keys. This is also all coming from a fairly realistic player but I’ve always enjoyed witches in sims. These might be my favorite though.

The realm is just wow!!! It’s an absolutely incredible location that I love taking my sim to to practice her magic.

Honestly I’ve still experience a small fraction of this pack overall but what I’ve seen and have played with is great. I’ve liked all the packs that have come out but I haven’t been this excited to open up my game each day since I got seasons. This pack just makes me smile. It’s 100 percent worth the price.

Only current cons are all the bugs really and that there is nothing at all for children and toddlers which is a bummer.. It’s a fairly buggy pack but still playable just hope they come with an update soon for the worst ones. I’d have rated it even higher if kids had more options than having a familiar and toddlers had well anything.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    If they added more gameplay for families I definitely would've rated the pack higher. I personally am not an occult player or a fan of occults, but this is really fun and I find myself enjoying the gameplay.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    I'm waiting until I play it a little more before rating, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be high. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    I'm glad to buy it but need to improve area like patch up or upgrade, like those immortal potion I wasn't happy because it's don't stay freeze age forever, it's had to be elder forever something I don't want that.