Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Living Mermaids need to be DEEPER

2...Next

Comments

• SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Yes, but I prefer deep diving for sims and mermaids in a separate game pack
    While it's unlikely for them to free update more new content, I hope they at least patch in a unique urn and bassinet for mermaids soon. I'm not buying IL to use in my legacy save until we at least have a special urn for them. :c
  • DanceSingLoveLiveDanceSingLoveLive Posts: 159 Member
    Yes, free update Island Living to have deep sea diving = actual scuba diving and mermaids get a proper home
    I have to say, being able to dive underwater was my favorite aspect of Island Paradise in S3! Would love to see it able to be replicated somehow in S4.
    ETERNITY'S UGLACY: eternidadsimstories.wordpress.com
    Instagram: eternidad.sim.stories.

• StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Yes, free update Island Living to have deep sea diving = actual scuba diving and mermaids get a proper home
    Yeah as it is now, mermaids are probably the least interesting non-human sims to play. Shower or die and call on fish and dolphins is where it's at.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I like the mermaids but no underwater play is a huge miss and I feel like we'd deserve that kind of a free update on IL since it let many people down, also tombstones/urns and bassinets: YES please!
    But they will probly be too lazy to work on brand new underwater animations....one can dream though.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    Thank you everyone for support! Let's keep this up. I hope our demands will be heard and Mermaids will get #justice. I personally dont mind paying for a stuff/game pack if that gives them incentive to make underwater swimming and all goodies that come with it. Free is preferred of course! At very least for tombstone and baby bassinet.

Let's do this guys! #justiceformermaids
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    You can do whatever your heart desires to Island Living but first can we please fix the baby and add spiral stairs.
  • Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    edited September 2019
    I'm not sure EA would go that far for free, but maybe they willing to do it if player willing to spend more money to work more on that stuff.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I think the pack is one of my favourite ones. I love it how it is BUT if they were to give us a free update to add even more I'd not say No, haha!
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited September 2019
    While mermaids are lackluster when compared to how vampires and spell casters have been done, there really isn't that much more I can see adding to them. While their allure is very powerful in myth and legend, they can't do all that much more in the legends than what they can do in TS4 game... except kill. That's really my only complaint about them in TS4, but the devs have said many times they won't give sims the ability to flat out murder other sims in TS4, so that's a moot point. No matter how much I want deadly abilities for my supernaturals, they aren't happening without a mod, which I have resigned myself to accept, because little ol' me is not going to change their minds, and that is ok. LOL :D

A free update that opens up a small underwater realm would be really cool, but I really think something of that caliber would require a game pack... and I'm not sure I'm willing to sacrifice a new game pack theme for that content... but... if we could pair it somehow with another supernatural state, then that would be worthwhile, to me. I can't think of any other supernatural creatures, that players would want in their Sims 4 game, that would live in a water realm, though. :( Maybe if they did a fairy game pack and delved into different types of fae, they could add water sprites and add very small 2 lot realms for the different elements. Larger than the Sylvan glade, but smaller than Forgotten Hollow, that would maybe make it manageable to add 4 different mini realms based on the elements that Fae and other sims could visit. That would work out nicely. This approach would add fae to the game based on elemental affinity, though, and not the typical high fantasy type fae. I'm not sure how well that will be received by the sim community. People are very particular about their fairies. :s

This approach is advantageous, though, in that it would add some small but fantastical settings for simmers that would really open up environmental and story telling options. The below pictures are just some quick examples to give a visual to the idea I'm presenting. They're not exactly what I'm looking for, but it still gets the idea across rather well. The fire realm doesn't have to be so creepy, lol.
    Water Kingdom
    display_underwater_kingdom_by_silberius-d6vdtk0.jpg

Air Kingdom
    43bf93d2f56e462236d72fe9fc9e864b.jpg

Earth Kingdom
    990363f16f894f0407c67527fc127f96_full.jpg

Fire Kingdom
    Hell.jpg

Edit: I'm sorry I didn't vote, but none of the poll options adequately capture how I feel about the topic. T_T
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg