Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What am I missing about Sulani?

I have been playing Island Living since it came out, but I am wondering if I am missing something about it?

1) My sim has gone into the cave and explored it endlessly...and beside getting something that will turn you into a mermaid, is there anything else to it?

2) The chest in the shipwreck...does it ever open?

3) Is there a 'state' of mermaid that you are supposed to reach...like the leader?

4) I have collected all the collections...is there anything else to do?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019
    The fact that this question is in the game packs section rather than the expansion packs section says it all :D

1) The mosaic thing on the outside of the cave wall will eventually fill up if you continue to explore the cave but other than that nothing else will happen.

2) No

3) No.

4) With regards to the collections? Well, you could display them or sell them if you want.

There are a few other things you can do in Sulani, however you have probably already done all of them:

i) Clean up the island and get it to maximum level of conservation. Once it’s fully cleaned up you will be able to attend a turtle hatching event and there is a rare albino dolphin which might appear. You clean up the Island by going to Mua Pel’am and cleaning up trash etc,

ii) Join the conservationist career (this can help with clearing up the Island) or one of the part time careers e.g. diver

iii) Try to get a sim killed in a shark attack.

iv) Attend the Island festivals.

v) Give one of your sims the ‘child of the islands’ trait and have them summon the elementals. If your sim pleases the elementals by cleaning the Island and being involved in its culture then they may give your sim special abilities such as calling forth lava bombs.

vi) Have a sim live right next to the volcano and see what happens

vii) woohoo in the waterfall in Mua Pel’am

viii) Complete the aspiration which came with Island Living

• nkthgrtnkthgrt Posts: 638 Member
    Thanks so much. Where are the island festivities? I have not seen them yet. I also have not done the child of the island trait, complete the aspiration, the shark thing, and some more. Cool, I have something to look forward to.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    That's how shallow this EP is. Lady Gaga would be surprised.

I still have hope they will update it so the mosaic will do something and the chest will open.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think they were counting on the conservation story line to be a big deal. Plus, dolphins! It must have tough making it possible to swim and boat/jet ski in the water and all people ask is "can we swim in other worlds?" It would make me feel like all my hard work meant nothing.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I have a Sim in the Conservationist career and it’s pretty cool how I can make policies that will effect all Sims in all worlds. Like I enacted a policy that makes the power randomly go out at night sometimes and another one that doubled the price of all foods.

I just wish there was a way we could create our own custom policies. I think that would’ve been pretty cool.

I haven’t cleaned up the island or explored that cave yet, idk where it even is.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I have a Sim in the Conservationist career and it’s pretty cool how I can make policies that will effect all Sims in all worlds. Like I enacted a policy that makes the power randomly go out at night sometimes and another one that doubled the price of all foods.

I just wish there was a way we could create our own custom policies. I think that would’ve been pretty cool.

I haven’t cleaned up the island or explored that cave yet, idk where it even is.

I have done the conservation story yet. i didn't realize you could do all that. The cave is on the island with the volcano and waterfall. I did watch the baby turtles hatch and scamper to the water.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I have done the conservation story yet. i didn't realize you could do all that. The cave is on the island with the volcano and waterfall. I did watch the baby turtles hatch and scamper to the water.

Yea it’s under the Environmental Manager branch.

I’ll have to check out the cave. I’ll probably clean up the island first.
    nkthgrt wrote: »
    Thanks so much. Where are the island festivities? I have not seen them yet. I also have not done the child of the island trait, complete the aspiration, the shark thing, and some more. Cool, I have something to look forward to.
    If you go to the main beach (I believe it’s called Ohan’ali Beach), on the other side of the road from the beach there is a kind of courtyard area with a building (which you can’t enter) on the other side of the courtyard. That’s where festivals happen.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    @nkthgrt Did you not realize that Island is an expansion pack?
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
    WolfNate wrote: »

Understandable tbh. I don’t think the team making it did either :D

Is it really that shallow...?
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players

Is it really that shallow...?

Kinda yeah. But the world is pretty.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Ohh!! That is cool 🙂

I really like the idea of changing things in all the worlds. Haven’t done that yet and had completely forgotten about it.
  • SageOfGlimmerBrookSageOfGlimmerBrook Posts: 397 Member
    edited September 2019
    i change my mind *think* i actually may enjoy Sulani now. overall the pack is still lackluster, but if you play it a certain way , it has its positive qualities.
    Post edited by SageOfGlimmerBrook on
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• nkthgrtnkthgrt Posts: 638 Member
    edited September 2019
    Island Living is not shallow at all...I am quite enjoying it still. I have not even touched Realm of Magic yet. I like what Chazzzy said..I like the changing part of the world.
    Island Living is not shallow at all...I am quite enjoying it still. I have not even touched Realm of Magic yet. I like what Chazzzy said..I like the changing part of the world.

It has to be lacking since you thought it was a game pack.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    The fact that this thread is in the Game Pack section says it all. Quite accurate lol
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member

You can enjoy it and still recognize it lacks in gameplay for an EP.
    Game Packs: Cost 20$ only really focus on one feature.

Expansions: Cost 40$ and have many things that effect the entire game such as weather
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2019
    Game Packs: Cost 20$ only really focus on one feature.

Expansions: Cost 40$ and have many things that effect the entire game such as weather

Yes, and that's why IL should be sold at GP price, since nothing included in it affects the entire game.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    New pack type confirmed. Expanded Game Pack. 😋