Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic - Share your magical screenshots!

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    @SimTrippy I have a save that is only for building and testing. Try that and see if your HQ build works there. If it needs tweaking, you can fix it there without damaging the save(s) you play.

Yes, I was actually thinking this too when I went for a walk earlier (aww fresh air, a thing RoM has kept me from a little :sweat_smile:). Thanks for the tip, I'll post here if it did any harm, just in case anyone else is wondering!

Good. I'd like to know how it turns out. I'm thinking about giving the HQ a little redo, not much but a few things here and there. Good luck.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    So, I finally sort of managed to convince myself to change the Brooms and Elixirs thing to something ... useful. So I turned it into a - as always - restaurant. Not my best work, but whatever, I feel more like playing than building xD

And hey, at least my mischief spellcaster teen now has a great place to cause mayhem.
    IedzjuU.png

I love how her mother's like .. "Girl, I really can't take you anywhere these days"
    mHhSGXR.png

On that note, I love how, when the infatuate spell fails, the sim you're trying to infatuate with someone will instead kiss the one who cast the spell :joy: it's not on these screenshots but it always cracks me up xD
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    [url="[img]https://i.imgur.com/Nb6eouC.png[/img]"]Nb6eouC.png[/url] My teen, Alec duelling his friends in the mages club. Really need duelling to be a club activity please.
    @SimTrippy I have a save that is only for building and testing. Try that and see if your HQ build works there. If it needs tweaking, you can fix it there without damaging the save(s) you play.

Yes, I was actually thinking this too when I went for a walk earlier (aww fresh air, a thing RoM has kept me from a little :sweat_smile:). Thanks for the tip, I'll post here if it did any harm, just in case anyone else is wondering!

Good. I'd like to know how it turns out. I'm thinking about giving the HQ a little redo, not much but a few things here and there. Good luck.

@Dannydanbo Okay so, I put my redone HQ in another save I'm not planning on doing anything with anyway, and it works as intended. At first, when you place it, the building will be completely empty. Then, the Sages will appear like a couple of band members walking on-stage :joy:

bidbabO.png

Then all the other usual suspects will also reappear (girl in the yellow dress, etc.). So it seems like you can this without any worries. I'm sure if you keep the original set-up, they'll also each take their place again (I haven't moved what I think are their main cauldrons).

Also, for those that were interested, I've made a little "quiet" space upstairs where Spellcasters can meditate on one side of the building, or play chess & make some music on the other ^^ Not sure yet if I'll keep it like that, but for now it's alright. I have absolutely no idea what to do with the basement bar though :D

vXRV7XL.png
    57l8t2Z.png
    sbFhjCj.png

(Oh, and yes, HQ decorates for Winterfest apparently :joy:)
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member

How to edit HQ?
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
    edited September 2019
    WolfNate wrote: »

How to edit HQ?

Type in bb.enablefreebuild - and then you can edit like any other build! :) You just can't change the lot type, it will always be HQ. You might have to type testingcheats on first.

ETA: in the cheat bar I mean (okay, you probably already know that, but just in case it's via CTRL-SHIFT-C)
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    @SimTrippy Thanks for the update. That first pic looks great. "Okay lads, let's rock this place...." The redo looks good. How about a basement gym and/or spa? This makes me wonder, if you accidentally or purposely kill/lose/remove/marry/whatever a sage and want them back, if you replace the HQ with a copy of the HQ, will you get the original sages back too?
    edited September 2019
    @SimTrippy Thanks for the update. That first pic looks great. "Okay lads, let's rock this place...." The redo looks good. How about a basement gym and/or spa? This makes me wonder, if you accidentally or purposely kill/lose/remove/marry/whatever a sage and want them back, if you replace the HQ with a copy of the HQ, will you get the original sages back too?

That's a good question actually. I mean the way they appeared here? Maybe. Cause when I saved the build in the old, they were all wearing different clothes (the game is acting up in that regard but ok), but they didn't when I loaded them up in this one. Although of course, in this save, they were still wearing their intended clothing, so I can't tell for sure. Might try to replace HQ in the other Realm too tomorrow, cause now I'm curious :D And yes exactly "let's rock this place" is precisely what they looked like :joy:

ETA: I'm obviously too tired to explain things so I think I'll be going off to sleep and hope it made enough sense :D
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    Still working on updating the HQ! I've now done 2 more rooms and I'm relatively pleased :D I just wonder if it would cause bugginess if I end up saving this HQ and using it to replace the HQ in every other save once it's done? I don't want to do this over and over again xD

pwRFGwM.png
    mPgf1BQ.png
    RMp99f3.png

Also, I tried to do a quick Floralorial on all the new plants in HQ and well ... I need to be careful about spamming spells.
    5ox9Ufu.png

Are you able to put the HQ on Gallery to share? The original one is so plain and boring, I love her amazing yours looks! I suck at building. XD please share your talented creation!
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    Sooo last night I stayed up til 2 am playing RoM :joy:

I have started working on Magic HQ
    crrxKTB.png

And created Gwen and Melinda's new neighbors, the Casters (good riddance Charm family!)
    BukXTTV.png
    SPk0xJB.png

Mom Aliessa
    YFNZVF3.png

Father George
    XX3XEij.png

Their kids, Ron and Jill
    gIMAqXb.png

Ron will marry Gwen at a later stage and they will become Glimmerbrook's most important family (the Casters technically already are ;))

Also, toddlers reading tomes are super cute!! :D
    zGZAMNW.png

Is that mansion on the large lot on the gallery? How many bedrooms?

Sorry had to go lookin for it, but I finally found it again :D It's on the gallery and it's called 'Spooky Castle' by creator Paogae.

However, her version has a lot of spooky stuff in it (the walls, floors and deco is littered with it), so I changed it quite a bit upstairs (not downstairs though, I liked that for the most part :)). It plays really well though, there's not a ton of MOO and it isn't glitchy or anything. You can easily change the upstairs to have more than 2 bedrooms. I didn't so on my game it's 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, but it's gigantic and easy enough to switch up :)

Thanks for finding the original. Would I also be able to download your changes?

Cheat worked but my head asploded I can't work with this much room!
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited September 2019
    Sweet midgets and hot apple pie, @SimGuruNinja @SimGuruGraham @SimGuru anyone who has been around forever and would know, is this a dire chinchilla from The Sims Medieval with burning fairy wings of doom?
    tumblr_pxsztnUVFr1vorh5do1_1280.jpg

:spins office chair in circles hooting happily:
    The correct answer is YES even if it's not, btw... cause it looks like a freaking dire chinchilla to me, and I have been longing for one in a regular sims game ever since I was mauled by one in The Sims Medieval. LOL Sweet merciful plumbobs, I will hug him and love him and call him Dire Chinchilla of Doom, except that won't fit, so maybe I'll just go with Dire Chinchilla... or maybe Doom Bunny... meh, I'll sort out the details later... all my played casters are getting a doom bunny! lol

I have a dire chinchilla familiar! BAHAHAHAAHA :laughs maniacally and jumps in excited circles: Best familiar EVER!!! Ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty!
    tumblr_p7rn6yanb71vorh5do5_1280.jpg
    latest?cb=20180419071433
    latest?cb=20190222171026

Best... day... ever!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
    unknown.png

Morgyn had an accident in the jungle... So he's relaxing reading how to cast Copypasto
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    My main's familiar is popular with the Sages! Ironically, her name actually is Sage. (Missed capping it, but Morgyn was petting her too.)

PWLt7UH.png
    XFfQ5WU.png

Maybe she's the Sage of Cute Magic.
    unknown.png

I unwittingly just made Neville Longbottom
    @WolfNate I know exactly what you mean - it is a gigantic building, which does indeed make editing it a pretty long-winding endeavor. That's why I haven't really done the basement yet, and only slightly altered the upper parts. I will probably still change things over time.

@Angellulu oh thank you :blush: and of course! I have just uploaded it (quickly, cause I have to go do the groceries but sims and all :joy:) here. Enjoy! I've playtested it quite a bit and it worked fine, but if anything doesn't work, definitely let me know.

@orkhid22 Here you go! :) I hope the original creator won't mind though but I guess not :D Enjoy!
    unknown.png

@SimTrippy Editing the realm keeping the building as is but redecorating. Each Floor will cater to each master's personality
  • Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    CoWmOm9.jpg

unknown.png

@SimTrippy Editing the realm keeping the building as is but redecorating. Each Floor will cater to each master's personality

Have fun! I didn't change the exterior either, I only added one wall inside to make the library a more secluded, quiet area. Nice idea with the personality! I tried doing that at first but I didn't know what to do for mischief. So only the area upstairs is a bit elemental for Morgyn (with the many plants and water and quiet focus area since I'm guessing untamed magic needs a balanced, focused person :joy: )

Curious to see what yours will look like in the end, please share! :)
    @SimTrippy Might take awhile lol

Thanks! I'll definitely take a peek but I put too much work into mine to replace it xD looks pretty though!
  • Thunderbat87Thunderbat87 Posts: 275 Member
    So many great screenshots!

Here is my sim, Luna, from my new occult save. I haven’t played that much with the occults in the game yet. I love magic so I think this save will be a lot of fun.

SHchH5P.png

t4UZEgW.png

aZNblJg.png

hKDdhLP.png
  • RealTeacherPlaysRealTeacherPlays Posts: 40 Member
    edited September 2019
    Father Winter had a magic duel with another sim.

2ozgMV5.jpg
    I recorded my gameplay just for fun! If you're bored and interested in a let's play, you can catch the full video here: https://youtu.be/5YjqGjY7E2A