Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

An expansion on disasters

rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
edited September 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I think an expansion that focuses on disasters would be great. TS4 already has some elements of disaster like the volcano, somewhat, but I think expanding on this would be great, especially for storytelling. Some of the things I would like to see include meteor showers, earthquakes, tornadoes, etc... It would be nice if they would affect the buildings as well. For instance, a meteor shower strikes, and a few buildings get damaged or completely destroyed, and a few sims die. Of course an option to disable certain things like building damage, sim death chance, etc... would be also important for such an expansion.

Comments

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    But disasters aren't really predictable really. Do you really want people who experience torandos and stuff to re-experience that stuff? What about people who build a lot of buildings?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    But disasters aren't really predictable really. Do you really want people who experience torandos and stuff to re-experience that stuff? What about people who build a lot of buildings?

That's why I mentioned options. For example: Disable building damage, disaster occurrence rate, sim death rate, etc. People have been through fires, and fires are already in the game. So, people being through tornadoes is really not an excuse not to make a disaster expansion. Besides, in the end it's not real life, it is only a game. Of course, there is the option of not having to purchase the expansion if you don't want disasters in the game.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I think better than that would be a post apocalyptic world theme where sims have to survive. Throw zombies in the mix too.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I'd like to see "normal" negative occurrences first. Robberies, pickpockets, etc. TS2 had both.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    mock68 wrote: »
    I like to see no political correctness in my game.

This has nothing to do with political correctness or any kind of political stance. I'm just talking about the disasters themselves, the thrill and risk of a random disaster just happening in the game and the challenges of having to overcome a disaster. A sim loses their house or part of it, and you have to fix it up, or a sim lost a friend or a family member etc. It's good for storytelling.
  • DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    A spin-off game might be the best to implement disasters imo. The gameplay could be something like a survival game but everything else is just TS4.