Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can you return game packs?

Does anyone know? And if so, how? I’ve only played like 2 hours max

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I don't think you can, but I'm not positive.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    No once you buy them you own them. EA/Maxis won't let you return them and get your money back.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited September 2019
    What can't I get a refund on?

Downloadable content (DLC) and in-game currencies are not refundable if purchased separately
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Talk to us OP, what makes you wanna return it? I’m curious
  • sunspritersunspriter Posts: 125 Member
    Ah that sucks, oh well. Think it’s safe to say I’m done with the sims then lol I’ve been so disappointed by the last three idk why I expected different, wishful thinking I guess. Thanks for your help guys!
  • sunspritersunspriter Posts: 125 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Talk to us OP, what makes you wanna return it? I’m curious

Quite a few things I just don’t like, the most annoying universally i guess is I found it quite slow and glitchy(and no not my comp) but what annoyed me more personally is just that it seems like a grind and very repetitive, I know there’s lots of steps to spellcasters but it still felt so shallow and fake, like nothing has any real impact. Plus I didn’t like how dark and brown the new world was so I know I won’t use that, makes it all a bit of a waste of money. Oh well, lesson learned lol
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it.

I was actually considering buying this pack, thinking there'd be a shot it could be worth it (especially only at $20), but I'm steering clear after reading how shallow the gameplay is and how unstable it's been making the game. Usually you see those shallow comments after the "honey moon" phase of a new DLC pack goes away, but the fact people are saying it now is pretty telling.

I would definitely only consider purchasing DLC if it's discounted, at the very least going forward. Although I haven't bought any packs as of late because of how poorly made they've been, I don't purchase a single thing Sims anymore unless it's discounted. I just can't see myself paying $20 for mostly animations which do nothing more than change the emotions of our Sims.

Next base game please. :sleeping:
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I thought you had 48 hours from purchase, or 48 of gameplay?
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I’m sorry to hear you aren’t enjoying it.

I’m in the exact same position as @Sk8rblaze.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I thought you had 48 hours from purchase, or 48 of gameplay?

Only on set games. Dlc doesn’t come under the great game guarantee.
  • heidi11576heidi11576 Posts: 1,168 Member
    I felt the same way about pet stuff! Wished I had not bought it at all
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    This is why I NEVER purchase at launch. Since 2016, I have only bought any content at a reduced price. I figure there will be a sale on this pack in Oct/Nov.
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    I think when I purchased Luxury Party Stuff (the first time), I was able to return. I hit up the EA chat thing and just kinda complained about how I paid for this pack that came with next to nothing and it was not worth my money. I think this may have been before all the items were showcased in Origin (this honestly could have even been for a TS3 SP).

Obviously, take this with a grain of salt as this was years ago. But what have you got to lose by trying? I they just asked me to uninstall and they deactivated the code I'd purchased or something!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2019
    I'm really glad I didn't purchase this pack, for a brief moment I wanted to. I wish I didn't buy IL and Strangerville too.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1