Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

But Where is Aine?

Comments

• ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Why does everyone think Morgyn overthrew Aine? Personally I think she was his beloved teacher, and she finally decided to step down and not have a 24/7 job holding the realm together and training newbies, leaving Morgyn holding the keys and the pretty pretty dress.

I love the idea, honestly. "I grant you nigh-unlimited power and status as the Sage of Untamed Magic!" "Okay cool but I feel I need to look the part, you know?" "...okay, fine, you can get the dress too." "Yes!"
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited September 2019
    WolfNate wrote: »
    I was hoping EA would have given us a few extra spellcasters on the gallery like they did for the vampire pack with those different vampire "factions," but alas. Those two families we got in game really aren't enough for cas-challenged Simmers such as myself!

I'm still holding out hope at least for our lost Sage.

Is there a guru we could ask on twitter or something?

Ahem... Lost sages seriously how hard was it for The Sims 4 DEVOLOPERS not to add the two magnificently beautiful sages from trailer they made?

I wonder how Maxis transfers files to each other...The way sims and builds seem to get lost makes me suspect that they have no cloud service solution and everyone are working on their own separate builds of the sims4... Which makes transferring files to each other really difficult.

The sages are probably saved on someone's computer over at their marketing department and they didn't want to spend the time to figure out who made them.

I hope they do though. I want Aine in my game.

Post edited by logion on
  • KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    I really want her in my game too. She’s beautiful
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    Kersiexx wrote: »
    Ah thank you! I never saw Nalani in game, though I play a lot, nor in the library, so I assumed she wasn’t added. She’s a really pretty Sim.

I've been seeing her since the Island Living was out. My mermaid sims usually formed a club to swim together, and Nalani was always there. She is a good character to be friends with. I also meet her occasionally in different parts of the world including San Myshuno and Magic Realm.

I was a bit disappointed too that Aine isn't in the game. Before the pack was released, I was pretty sure that Aine was one of the sages or at least a part of a family in Glimmerbrook. Her absence reminds me the mystery of Bella Goth :)
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited September 2019
    Why, I'm right here! :D JK

Yeah I'm definitely disappointed I don't get to play my namesake. :'(
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 671 Member
    I don’t think that the second trailer is like a continuation of the first trailer. I think it’s like separate universes/ alternate timelines or something.

First Trailer: We have Morgyn discovering the portal, then meeting Aine. As Aine takes Morgyn Into the House thing whatever, we see another Sim brewing a potion. She has dark skin, and wears a yellow and white dress. I think her name is Grace. When he walks in, you can clearly see that she’s using the couldren and later on, you see her using spells.

Aine turns Morgyn into a witch, and later in the trailer, you can see him screaming for some reason and being lifted in the air.

Second Trailer: Aine doesn’t exist. She isn’t seen once. Instead, we see Morgyn as a sage. Later on, we see Grace again, but she is human and Morgyn turns her to a witch.

Grace was a witch when Morgyn met her in first trailer, yet human second trailer while Morgyns a Sage with no sign of Aine.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    I really want Aine, she's so kewl.
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I hope they'll at least upload her to the gallery at some point.

As for the difference between the trailer & the gameplay trailer, my personal explanation for Grace is that she was a spellcaster but, for reasons unknown, chose to give up her powers. Aine was the Untamed Magic Sage and Morgyn usurped that position (or she'd chosen him as her successor). Then, Grace returned to the Realm and chose to become a Spellcaster again.

(on that note, one of the possible reasons for Grace's choice may have been a disagreement with Aine.)
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    edited September 2019
    I have a personal theory. Morgyn and Aine somehow became merged together as a result of some magic ritual or a curse. That's why he is half-male and half-female and wearing Aine's dress. He/she didn't take Aine's place, it's half-Aine >:)
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Brinn wrote: »
    I have a personal theory. Morgyn and Aine somehow became merged together as a result of some magic ritual or a curse. That's why he is half-male and half-female and wearing Aine's dress. He/she didn't take Aine's place, it's half-Aine >:)

That's a pretty interesting theory. :) I like it.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Simmelina1Simmelina1 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Hope they upload her to the gallery soon.
    Origin id: Simmelina
    simmelina1.wordpress.com
    The life of my sims. Elina & Don.

49992523523_7fe1918650_c.jpg
  • KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    I really hope they hear us and upload her. They normally always do.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member

I think this too - one thing that gave me that feeling is that they share the same outfits.
  • HeyYoDiscoNickHeyYoDiscoNick Posts: 463 Member
    Kamio wrote: »
    I really hope they hear us and upload her. They normally always do.

Fingers crossed!
  • ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    Why does everyone think Morgyn overthrew Aine? Personally I think she was his beloved teacher, and she finally decided to step down and not have a 24/7 job holding the realm together and training newbies, leaving Morgyn holding the keys and the pretty pretty dress.

I do want Aine in game though. Probably going to have her marry Bella Goth and retire with 4 cat familiars named Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme, probably somewhere in Windenburg.

Because Morgyn looks exactly like Michael Langdon from AHS: Apocalypse.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited September 2019
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited September 2019
    LadyKyn wrote: »

That's a pretty interesting theory. :) I like it.

Yes it is and I have been wondering something similar since changing Morgyn's gender to female.
    It also crossed my mind that Morgyn + Aine = Morgaine

An alternative name to Morgan le fey, as in the book, The Mists of Avalon.

Your name is Morgaine now!
    High priestess of Avalon, Sage of the magical realm.
    09-13-19_10-58-31nbspAM.png
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I really hope they upload her to the gallery, too! I'll be saving her as the spouse for a future generation if they do!!
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    I thought Áine was the sage of practicality. She seems like it
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    There are a couple of versions of her on the gallery. They are not EA though. I downloaded one, but she is too powerful to actually play. I think I will pretend she is in hiding and must not use her untamed spells.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Is anybody else stalking this thread in the hopes that someone will post that they uploaded her?
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    Is anybody else stalking this thread in the hopes that someone will post that they uploaded her?

Yup, that's what I'm doing lol

I'm also keeping an eye on this thread in case the SimGurus announce on twitter that they uploaded her: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/964734/realm-of-magic-simguru-maxis-sourced-info/p1

I'd really like the official Maxis version, but if they never release her then I'll settle for whatever re-creations are on the gallery instead.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited September 2019
    I think vampires trailer also has that one dude that we just never got?

it really bothers me because he is on straud mansions wall like what happened to him

sooooo maybe they all went to the same place?
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    PR Purgatory. Hope that's not where Aine winds up.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    @simmingal i actually figured out why we never got that one vampire, once i went poking through the maxis uploads

he's dillon derito from the 'malpractice' household (used in that absolutely hilarious teaser of the same name for 'get to work'). i wound up snagging him, turning him into a vampire and trying to rebuild him as seen in the vampire trailer and uploaded him

but, since he uses cas assets (including his hair) from get to work, i think that's why he never got uploaded. since the other sims they upload tend to have just base game + whatever pack they're promoting