Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you like CAS idle animations?

13...Next

Comments

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    the third option
    Sometimes. It dependes.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    yep
    I am an Xbox One X user, and have not had any issues with it. I heard about the crash with RoM, and that would certainly annoy me.Overall I find them cute and fun.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited September 2019
    yep
    They don't bother me. I specially love the ones from the occults :) .
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,657 Member
    nope
    I would much prefer sims to be totally frozen in CAS. Exception for the trait animations. I don't mind them react to changes we do to them, but when not changing anything I'd like them not to move.

But there are other CAS features that I'd like to see changed before this. Like randomly generated sims should NOT wear hats or glasses, preferably not even jewelry.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • FrieaFriea Posts: 54 Member
    nope
    I wish that we could choose poses and maybe some animations for screenshots and such. I hate how much they turn their head and stuff when they are idling in CAS.

I know there are mods to fix this and add new animations to CAS but I feel like it should be an option for different ones and better ones already in the game. With all this being said, I wont complain about CAS too much because this is the most in depth and personal CAS we have ever had and I was honestly blown away the first time I ever saw it and made a sim. Remember where we came from and be a little understanding, not everything is perfect.
    fT4P3EZ.jpg
    ♥ Learn to Love Yourself
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    the third option
    I don't really mind them. It makes them seem more real to me. The only issue I have is when they move around while I'm trying to fine tune a sim.

I really like child spellcasters animations. They're adorable. They act surprised when all the sparkles come from their hands. Now that I think about it, I wonder if that itself is a bug. Child occult sims aren't supposed to have "powers" until they age up.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    the third option
    Some times I want them to stand still. lol
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Well I don't like how it is crashing my games currently with spellcasters. XD
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    the third option
    They're alright, but vampire hissing is way too repetitive.
  • ToyGunGunToyGunGun Posts: 9 New Member
    the third option
    I don't mind them most of the time, but sometimes I wish there was a button to get them to stop moving.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    nope
    They irritate me so much. Especially the occult ones. Whenever I'm trying to edit my occult Sims, they start moving around, doing the same action nearly every ten seconds.

I've always wished for a way to turn the animations off. For me, it makes editing their features almost impossible. I don't have the patience to stop and wait for them to finish their dancing, again, every ten seconds, to continue my editing.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    nope
    They move way too much and it annoys me. The mermaid one is honestly the only occult animation that doesn’t bother me.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    nope
    I am seriously going to avoid making spellcasters in cas as they just WILL NOT stop constantly moving. So much so, it bugs the plum out of me and makes me want to throw my monitor out the window in a fit of rage.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    yep
    Every 20 seconds is a tad too often maybe every 50 be better but eh not too annoying
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    nope
    No, they really annoy me. I wish they would just stay still. The vampire ones irritate me the most.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    nope
    No, they really annoy me. I wish they would just stay still. The vampire ones irritate me the most.

It’s especially annoying because they also do it in live mode.
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    the third option
    i don't mind cas animations itself, it's just they happen so often. a little movement here and there is fine, but they're moving constantly.
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,371 Member
    the third option
    I like them, but then sometimes I'd like them to just stay still
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    yep
    Nay I can take it or leave it.