Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there any updated mod for stopping grabbing water from sink?

Hi, I've been using 'HS No Auto Drinks V3a' mod but looks like it doesn't work since the latest patch. I searched this file on google but couldn't find the site. I don't want to use MCC mod for this. Is there any other updated mod for this? Thanks.

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I’m waiting for one too
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 329 Member
    This is driving me crazy. Have tried a couple of different mods but none of them work, yet. I’m sure it’s coming.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019
    I use MCCC’s tuner option to prevent sims autonomously grabbing water

ETA: Sorry I saw you don’t want to use MCCC. Can’t help you in that case.

Still, if you are going to download a mod for this, it is more worth your while to download MCCC than a mod which is limited to only stopping autonomous water grabbing. MCCC is a very useful mod in many areas. If you’re worried about autonomous marriages and pregnancies etc, you can turn them off and just use its (many) other useful options. You can turn off anything you don’t want in MCCC.

MCCC is also always updated very promptly.
  • psychoticapsychotica Posts: 215 Member

Still, if you are going to download a mod for this, it is more worth your while to download MCCC than a mod which is limited to only stopping autonomous water grabbing. MCCC is a very useful mod in many areas. If you’re worried about autonomous marriages and pregnancies etc, you can turn them off and just use its (many) other useful options. You can turn off anything you don’t want in MCCC.

Can you tell me how to use MCCC to do that? I have been through all the menus and I can't find the option. I would be very grateful if you could tell me how to use it to stop the water drinking. It drives me crazy.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited September 2019
    psychotica wrote: »

Can you tell me how to use MCCC to do that? I have been through all the menus and I can't find the option. I would be very grateful if you could tell me how to use it to stop the water drinking. It drives me crazy.

Here is a useful page from deaderpool (the creator of the mod): https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/mc_tuner

From the mc command center menu, which you can access when clicking on a sim, go to mc tuner and turn on scumbombo's autonomy scan.

When you see a sim taking water from the sink, pause the game, and click on autonomy scan and then I think it is called "current running autonomy actions" or something similar. Locate the autonomy action which says "taking water from sink" or whatever it is called and click on it.

That action will set to non-autonomous, (and also saved in a file called mc_tuner settings.cfg which you can open in notepad, useful to copy this one when you are updating mc command center)

You can do this with any autonomous action in the game. I have disabled a lot of actions like practise singing etc.

You can also re-enable them if you want in the mc tuner settings.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I've been using Scumbumbo SCAM autonomy control mod, but somehow it's no longer a part of that anymore either.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited September 2019

Thanks but is there an option to enable and disable the story progression entirely in one go like the sims 3 story progression?

edited September 2019
    Jeansoo wrote: »

Thanks but is there an option to enable and disable the story progression entirely in one go like the sims 3 story progression?
    You can switch everything story progression related off but not in one go. E.g. To stop autonomous marriages and pregnancies you need to set the percentage chance of sims becoming pregnant or getting married to 0%. To do that, do the following:

Click on a computer and then on MC Command Center’. The settings you what are:

MC Command center > MC Pregnancy > Pregnant Sim Selection > Pregnancy Percentage > Teen: 0%
    MC Command center > MC Pregnancy > Pregnant Sim Selection > Pregnancy Percentage > YA: 0%
    MC Command center > MC Pregnancy > Pregnant Sim Selection > Pregnancy Percentage > Adult: 0%
    MC Command center > MC Pregnancy > Pregnant Sim Selection > Pregnancy Percentage > Elder: 0%

MC Command center > MC Pregnancy > Marriage Sim Selection > Marriage Percentage > Teen: 0%
    MC Command center > MC Pregnancy > Marriage Sim Selection > Marriage Percentage > YA: 0%
    MC Command center > MC Pregnancy > Marriage Sim Selection > Marriage Percentage > Adult: 0%
    MC Command center > MC Pregnancy > Marriage Sim Selection > Marriage Percentage > Elder: 0%

One other story-progression related thing is that I believe MCCC enables couples to autonomously break up. I don’t recall whether or not that is switched off by default but, as with everything else, you can switch it off. I can’t quite remember whether this is a feature of MCCC or not but I do remember switching something like this off in MCCC.
    edited September 2019
    @psychotica logion’s reply is correct.

Or you can just click on a sim, click on tuner, turn on autonomy scan. Then click on a sink and you will be able to disable the action of grabbing a drink from being autonomous.
    logion wrote: »
    psychotica wrote: »

Here is a useful page from deaderpool (the creator of the mod): https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/mc_tuner

From the mc command center menu, which you can access when clicking on a sim, go to mc tuner and turn on scumbombo's autonomy scan.

When you see a sim taking water from the sink, pause the game, and click on autonomy scan and then I think it is called "current running autonomy actions" or something similar. Locate the autonomy action which says "taking water from sink" or whatever it is called and click on it.

That action will set to non-autonomous, (and also saved in a file called mc_tuner settings.cfg which you can open in notepad, useful to copy this one when you are updating mc command center)

You can do this with any autonomous action in the game. I have disabled a lot of actions like practise singing etc.

• psychoticapsychotica Posts: 215 Member
    logion wrote: »

@psychotica logion’s reply is correct.

Or you can just click on a sim, click on tuner, turn on autonomy scan. Then click on a sink and you will be able to disable the action of grabbing a drink from being autonomous.

Thank you both so much I could never figure out how to get the tuner part of the mod to work.

ldmarko wrote: »
    I've been using Scumbumbo SCAM autonomy control mod, but somehow it's no longer a part of that anymore either.

Yea I disabled the autonomous water grabbing within SCAM but they still grab water now. It’s only been happening since the latest update.

I may take a look at MCCC and see if I can try to disable it in there.
  • pandabioticpandabiotic Posts: 31 Member
    If anyone else is having a problem with excessive water drinking (I'm having it too), you might want to click "Me Too" on this bug report thread!
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Excessive-Water-Juice-Drinking-Patch-1-55-102-Edition/m-p/8192962
    Ok so I took out the SCAM mod and turned on autonomous within MCCC, disabled the grab water action, but my Sims are still grabbing water.

So I’m guessing this will need to be corrected in a patch.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Well, I have it disabled with MCCC and they are still grabbing water. So I'd love an updated mod to stop it, too.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    My sims have been drinking a lot lately but I never thought about it until I saw this.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Swing away?

giphy.gif

If you're seeing Signs, you know what all the glasses of water are for.
    :p

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Hi Everyone,

Anyone not averse to using mods MSQsims has a no auto drinking mod patched to the latest patch on the following link. I have used this mod personally and it works for me.

https://msqsims.com/no-autonomous-drinking/
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Anyone not averse to using mods MSQsims has a no auto drinking mod patched to the latest patch on the following link. I have used this mod personally and it works for me.

https://msqsims.com/no-autonomous-drinking/

I’ll check it out but it’s so annoying how modders keep removing their mods from MTS. They’ll either remove them or leave the old versions up there and only put the updated versions on either their private websites or Patreon.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Hm, I have not seen this in my game. I'd love too see them grab water to drink a bit more often.

Assuming it was added with IL-game pack or M-stuff pack, which I don't own.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Jett30Jett30 Posts: 14 New Member
    I have made My own mod with no drinking from the sink .. so If ya want a copy let me Know
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    Swing away?

giphy.gif

If you're seeing Signs, you know what all the glasses of water are for.
    :p

That was a great movie!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GrouchybeastGrouchybeast Posts: 149 Member
    Hm, I have not seen this in my game. I'd love too see them grab water to drink a bit more often.

Assuming it was added with IL-game pack or M-stuff pack, which I don't own.

I only noticed the endless water drinking after I used MCCC to stop sims endlessly picking up books from the shelves to read and almost immediately putting them back again.
    "Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    My Spellcaster is forever going to get a glass of water. Thank goodness he isn't a Foodie - that was the worst: "I'll have some water. Not good enough. I'll be uncomfortable for a few hours now." So yeah, I'll be shopping for a mod for that.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    My spell caster Grace searched for the magic portal with a glass of water in hand. I thought she might put it down when I told her to go somewhere but nope she took it with her on the journey. :D
  • FrieaFriea Posts: 54 Member
    edited September 2019
    Your poor sims just want to hydrate :(

But I feel your pain MCCC is a awesome Mod man, If I had to give up all mods but one I think that would be the one I keep.

That or 🐸🐸🐸🐸..... (Dont Judge Me...)
    fT4P3EZ.jpg
    ♥ Learn to Love Yourself