Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Changing Morgyn Ember

How can you change all of his attire if it crashes the game upon finishing in CAS? I wanted to change his look up and when I finished my whole game just went away

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Wait for the spellcaster idle animation to stop before exiting CAS. It's the animation during exit that causes the crash, as I understand it. I read about it and have made a point to save right after they finish the animation.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    It only crashes if he is performing the Spellcaster idle animation when you quit out. Same happens with any caster, but I just successfully gave Darrell Charm a bit of a makeover, waited until he wasn't waving his glowing hands around, and exited successfully.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Thanks y'all so much, I wanted to give him a new look and the other 2 as well, I will try that then, thanks so very much!!
    It worked!!!! Thanks so much. If saved to my library and uploaded in New game will they still be sages? My practical magick sim changed the most
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I am not sure if you can repopulate sages from your bin. But I do know if you edit a sage, they remain a sage. Simeon got a serious fitness makeover in my game, and I also took L. Faba into CAS for a few tweaks. Both are still on the job.
  • FrieaFriea Posts: 54 Member
    Yep as someone stated earlier, wait for the animation for the spellcasting to stop. If you try and do something while the sim is doing it, boom goes your game. This game pack introduced SEVERAL lovely bugs that are plumbing annoying. The pillar one? Everyone Freezing? Getting stuck in the Magic Realm? CAS Crash? The list kind of goes on at the moment.
    fT4P3EZ.jpg
    ♥ Learn to Love Yourself
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    It worked!!!! Thanks so much. If saved to my library and uploaded in New game will they still be sages? My practical magick sim changed the most
    No they won’t be.
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    No they won’t be.
    If you delete them in the new save and replace with yours, it could work I think. 🤔
    What I did was go into household managing, where the other version of them were, add the new delete the old and each showed up as Sages in my new game I tried this on
  • nekotlcnekotlc Posts: 289 Member
    I find that if you go close up on a spellcaster sim as if your changing their face/hair/eyes ect.. they can't do the animation and you can exit out of CAS without crahes
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Type in the chest window in cas CASCLOCKSPEED 0 and you wont have to worry about the crashing for spellcasters as the sim will be perfectly still
    5vJrxmT.png