Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Realm of Magic] Why is the teleportation gimped?

I cannot find a questions thread and, well, this hardly belongs in general discussion.

I cannot cast Transportalate on my own lot. For example, I wanted to create a hidden wizards area under the house/in the attic with no stairs (stops nosy guests without needing doors) and I realised you cannot teleport on the lot that you are on. I have to teleport off my lot then I can go into the basement. As such, I also cannot teleport around by command.

Is this an oversight or intended? If intended, is there a mod to change this? xd

Comments

• Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    Oh? I never thought of that, but my spellcaster is also doing the yoga thing to teleport so, I haven't got that spell as yet, so is that spell just another way to travel then? I was looking forward to using that spell. Maybe you can only teleport to places your sim can reach? Someone else will know the answer, I'll be interested to see what they say, sorry I couldn't help.
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • mandyssims93mandyssims93 Posts: 122 Member
    My sim could teleport around her house with the spell. I wonder why it isn't working for you.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I think that’s a glitch my sim can use that spell on his home lot. I ended up doing the same thing because The is no room for a winding staircase that leads up to the Sorcerer’s tower I rather they have a bathroom in the house than a room for s staircase. I was going to combine them but it didn’t look right.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »
    Oh? I never thought of that, but my spellcaster is also doing the yoga thing to teleport so, I haven't got that spell as yet, so is that spell just another way to travel then? I was looking forward to using that spell. Maybe you can only teleport to places your sim can reach? Someone else will know the answer, I'll be interested to see what they say, sorry I couldn't help.

Ah! That was actually my first assumption, but I can teleport off my lot and then teleport into my basement with no issues. However, in order to get out, I have to teleport off the lot. No issue! Thank you for the comment and suggestion.
    Rikurii wrote: »
    My sim could teleport around her house with the spell. I wonder why it isn't working for you.
    Hm. No idea. I will try again today and see how it goes.
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I think that’s a glitch my sim can use that spell on his home lot. I ended up doing the same thing because The is no room for a winding staircase that leads up to the Sorcerer’s tower I rather they have a bathroom in the house than a room for s staircase. I was going to combine them but it didn’t look right.
    Aha, I am having the same issue. No room for stairs so I decided to just make a hidden room.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I noticed that it wouldn't let me do it whenever my sim's charge was too full. Maybe it's that?
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    If its like the vampire teleport it still requires a valid path. I haven't noticed any issues but ive been using the portals to get to places I didnt want to have stairs. Ill try later.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,444 Member
    Also, try repairing your game. I always do that right after a download just in case something goes wonky.
    #Team Occult
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited September 2019
    You have to have space to do it. If the area is cramped it won’t work. I’ve had no issues once I made room.

—T
  • Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    edited September 2019
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-quot-Always-use-transportalate-quot-gets-Sims/td-p/8188676

It's a bug. And no, no valid bath required, you can teleport to basements - when it works. Just don't choose "always teleport" and use teleportation from the common list of spells, works for me.