Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

no more new skills ?

we haven't gotten any new skills this year so I'm a little worried that they may never add anymore
what do you guys think ?
more for sim kids and more drama please

Comments

• Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    Hmm, well, I think sims 4 is getting near end but I could be wrong, I'm not sure what was EA will planning after ROM.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Hmm, well, I think sims 4 is getting near end but I could be wrong, I'm not sure what was EA will planning after ROM.

it does kind of seem that why even though they say its going to be going for years to come it has all the marks of something that's ending @Humility925
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Dragging out the death throes to torture us. Agree that it does look like something at the end of its teather; so empty, lifeless, superficial... as though their heart just isn't in it. Maybe the flawed engine and initial premis are catching up with them.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Good question. What was the last skill?
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Well we also get hidden skills that isn't going to show up in the panel to show it's progression. Much like the skating skill from Seasons.

5vJrxmT.png
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Well we also get hidden skills that isn't going to show up in the panel to show it's progression. Much like the skating skill from Seasons.

Is there a way we can view the hidden skills?
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Is there a way we can view the hidden skills?

Most likely with MC commands? I believe it can be seen if you look at a sims info panel with MC Command if they have any.

You go into the cheats for it you can definitely see a list of skills that aren't hidden. Much like chopstick skill, spicy foods, rock climbing, work ethic, pet poop cleanup (lol IDK it's the oddest hidden skill ever)

Haven't checked to see what hidden skills there has been lately with packs.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I hadn't even noticed this. :o That's really weird, but I don't think it implies that they won't add anymore new skills.
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Good question. What was the last skill?

acting @Chazzzy
    I hadn't even noticed this. :o That's really weird, but I don't think it implies that they won't add anymore new skills.

I hope your right I really like new skills
  • peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    I don’t really think the last few packs have really had the need for a new skill. Strangerville was more of a mystery, Island Living reworked swimming with the fitness skill, Moschino added a tripod to photography and Realm of Magic has a rank system. Adding skills wouldn’t have really worked as well.
    peragogo wrote: »
    I don’t really think the last few packs have really had the need for a new skill. Strangerville was more of a mystery, Island Living reworked swimming with the fitness skill, Moschino added a tripod to photography and Realm of Magic has a rank system. Adding skills wouldn’t have really worked as well.

your right @peragogo :)
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    My guess is that university will be next and will come with a teaching skill and maybe a few others. (I'm not really interested in this theme pack but not NOT interested either, I just predict that that will happen haha)
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    It is speculative and quite telling that The Sims Studio didn’t implement any new skills.

I honestly was expecting Alchemy as a brand new skill instead of a “spell style”.. I am disappointed about that.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I really hope we get more skills! I was so disappointed that alchemy wasn't. I would love a sewing/embroidery skill.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    peragogo wrote: »

Nahh IL should've included a diving skill, a new Sulanian culture skill, and perhaps some other skill tied to gameplay that wasn't included :sweat_smile:
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Sorry I forgot: and an actual way for mermaids to level up. Doesn't even need to be as good as witches and vampires, just something.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I don't need many more skills, really. So I have not missed more additions. The only kind of skill I've missed is when sims grow up and I think they will suit some sort of office career, I wish there was more than Logic (+ Charisma) to prepare them. I miss som,e kind of Economics skill, which could both relay towards business/politics and household/shopping. It feels weird that the CEO of my local bank will get the job thanks to playing chess, lol. Also miss TS2's cleaning skill, but it's a minor thing and perhaps it's already in the game as a hidden skill.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I actually like that they are overhauling the current skills rather than than creating new ones.

At this point, Charisma skill is prhbably the most useless one and needed an overhaul
    TS1299 wrote: »
    I actually like that they are overhauling the current skills rather than than creating new ones.

At this point, Charisma skill is prhbably the most useless one and needed an overhaul

My Sim max charisma so they can ask for loans.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I do wish for more skills but at the same time it’s nice to have the skills in game built upon with packs or overhauled with patches. I don’t know if they are done with them just probably haven’t seen need to add any new ones with recent packs. Strangerville was a story pack, island living maybe could have had a diving skill but diving is a rabbit hole which would make the skill lame plus they did overhaul on fishing and updated swimming, Moschino made photography a fun skill for me, and ROM gain is through magic spellcaster ranks instead of a new skill. So maybe next pack will have a new one? I think it just has to make enough sense as a new skill for them to add it we haven’t had anything recently that has really.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »

Which is dumb, why I shouldn't be supposed to see this hidden skills? Whats the mystery? so dumb
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    I do wish for more skills but at the same time it’s nice to have the skills in game built upon with packs or overhauled with patches. I don’t know if they are done with them just probably haven’t seen need to add any new ones with recent packs. Strangerville was a story pack, island living maybe could have had a diving skill but diving is a rabbit hole which would make the skill lame plus they did overhaul on fishing and updated swimming, Moschino made photography a fun skill for me, and ROM gain is through magic spellcaster ranks instead of a new skill. So maybe next pack will have a new one? I think it just has to make enough sense as a new skill for them to add it we haven’t had anything recently that has really.

@Akl500P They didn't update swimming, there is no swimming skill in this game. They just added new swimming styles to the fitness skill levels.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    Akl500P wrote: »

@Akl500P They didn't update swimming, there is no swimming skill in this game. They just added new swimming styles to the fitness skill levels.

@Karon that’s what I meant by updating swimming, sorry I should have been more clear there.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    Well, after Get Famous expansion pack I haven't seen new skills, too.
    I guess there may be problems with the video making system (even though Island Living nature documentaries can be edited).