Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I’m looking for some “witchy” looking houses for Glimmerbrook

I’m looking for some cute witches houses for Glimmerbrook. I plan on making a new witch. I would love to find a house for her that doesn’t use a lot of moo or cheats. Something I can decorate and change if I want without a lot of problems,(especially on the inside). Since my witch will just be starting off I would like to keep the house under 50K. I would like it to have 2 or 3 stories with a small expandable basement. The main thing I’m looking for is for the house (20x 30 lot) to look really cute on the outside, have a cute ROM kitchen and bath and be roomy. I would like to start with 1 bath and bedroom, not a lot of clutter, but would like room in the house to add an additional bathroom and and a second ( and maybe third bedroom later). I have all of the packs, (but don’t use CC or mods) I will most likely put a cauldron in the basement ( which can be small, but expandable, the entrance can be from the outside, or inside). If would be nice to have a garden room for plants as well, either in the house or separate to it. I want a place in the house for the new fireplace too.

I am also looking to replace the other Lots as well (20x30, and 30x40). I will probably put the premades back into new houses. I would like a more witchy looking bar lot as well.

I love getting houses from the gallery. Please share your gallery name, and the name of the lots and pictures if you have them. I can’t wait to see and use your creations!!

Comments

• smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited September 2019
    AllyKatz77, I uploaded a remodel of the small house, but have since added a basement as was needed for spelling items, I uploaded one version will go in a min to upload the new with basement, I used MOO but not much, only on a couple of decor items and reuploaded it seems to load well and no pathing issues. I've gone through almost 2 seasons and seems to work well
    Post edited by smurfy77 on
  • RepoRepo Posts: 344 Member
    I don't have the kind of house you are looking for, but a good place to start is to do a gallery search with hashtags unfurnished, empty and shell. Yes, you will get all homes and not just ROM ones, but there aren't that many up yet that are ROM and they are quick to find. The homes will need furnishing but you can always add and upgrade as you go. It's also generally easier to tell if the home uses a lot of MOO. I grabbed a few homes that I liked today as I am not good at building complex houses and I won't download furnished ones.
    I did upload the newer version, it has a basement with casting items, I had started a collection of wands (not so many brooms yet unfortunately) there are a few potions on the wall (if you dont want to keep those you can still place yours on those same shelves without MOO and it has some gardening, there are 2 gates (because I made the house slightly larger I did not have space to make the fence go around the back so its like 2 fences on the side but cute , I think, so they both have a gate to get into, and the entrance for the basement is outside. Hope you like it and it helps at least get you started, you can always redecorate any way that suits your sim better too.
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Delegracy did a great witches Tower on YouTube.
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Delegracy did a great witches Tower on YouTube.
    DY3SHpa.png5dRzA2W.pngiYTQS4W.png

hQGIWhA.pngFTuIarS.pnghaZi85T.png

DiXlgDV.pngo74STQo.pngjhJoNt0.png

lHjtJha.png

Here are some images from the remodel, I did have walls partially down, it was too narrow to try to get a good shot. Not sure if any of this is what you are looking for, hope you like it. It does only have the one bedroom and 1 bathroom, no real dining space ( but island area in kitchen and a small table with chairs outside) but it does have as much from new pack as I could get into it.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,968 Member
    smurfy77 wrote: »

lHjtJha.png

Here are some images from the remodel, I did have walls partially down, it was too narrow to try to get a good shot. Not sure if any of this is what you are looking for, hope you like it. It does only have the one bedroom and 1 bathroom, no real dining space ( but island area in kitchen and a small table with chairs outside) but it does have as much from new pack as I could get into it.

Wow! That looks really nice! I especially like the idea of the hallway to add your brooms to!
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    smurfy77 wrote: »

lHjtJha.png

Wow! That looks really nice! I especially like the idea of the hallway to add your brooms to!

Thank you so much! I ran out of room and wanted to hide her cauldron in a basement and have it locked to anyone other than household members. Another perk of having computer there, makes your guests be forced to interact when they stop by lol. Thank you!
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Repo wrote: »
    I don't have the kind of house you are looking for, but a good place to start is to do a gallery search with hashtags unfurnished, empty and shell. Yes, you will get all homes and not just ROM ones, but there aren't that many up yet that are ROM and they are quick to find. The homes will need furnishing but you can always add and upgrade as you go. It's also generally easier to tell if the home uses a lot of MOO. I grabbed a few homes that I liked today as I am not good at building complex houses and I won't download furnished ones.

Just as an FYI you can always choose to download a cluttered house as unfurnished. I do that if I download a build as I really really REALLY hate people cramming as much mess in as they can and having to spend half an hour finding the pathing issues.

• RepoRepo Posts: 344 Member
    @CelSims , I only down load unfurnished homes because many creators don't want their creations re-uploaded and I want to be able to re-upload something if I need to (transfer from one computer to another - I can't use our cloud to do it). I also don't like builds that use too much MOO as many furnished ones do and for every one that is play tested, many aren't and have issues. Downloading unfurnished homes is safer as far as I am concerned. I recommended looking for unfurnished homes to OP because it sounded like she wanted to be able to make changes for style and to upgrade as her sim(s) made more money.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I wish there was a hashtag for people who favor creativity in the service gameplay and pathfinding.

In the Magic HQ, most NPCs will flock to the library to browse the bookshelves or just train in the area, and yet every replacement I've tried has the bookcases crammed in a tiny cosy room, ok it looks cute, but when you play it's awful.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Repo wrote: »
    @CelSims , I only down load unfurnished homes because many creators don't want their creations re-uploaded and I want to be able to re-upload something if I need to (transfer from one computer to another - I can't use our cloud to do it). I also don't like builds that use too much MOO as many furnished ones do and for every one that is play tested, many aren't and have issues. Downloading unfurnished homes is safer as far as I am concerned. I recommended looking for unfurnished homes to OP because it sounded like she wanted to be able to make changes for style and to upgrade as her sim(s) made more money.

Ah yes uploading them again to transfer pc, I've seen some of the fire storms, when someone is simply trying to save stuff from their game :/
    I don't know how i'd feel if someone reuploaded mine but I figure they've probably furnished better and will DL it myself lol
    I ended up adding on a stylist room in the basement, bc my witch is marrying Izzy