Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions on realm of magic

How do you get a familiar bound to you? And where do you get and ride a broom?

Comments

• Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Don't you buy them?
  • Options
    lightnin-fantasylightnin-fantasy Posts: 231 Member
    I looked and I couldn't find the familiars or the brooms in buy mode. :/ so I thought I would ask in case they have some specific way of gettin them or perhaps they are put somewhere I can't find.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
  • Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    Can we put portal on other worlds that will take sim to magic realm?
  • Options
    lightnin-fantasylightnin-fantasy Posts: 231 Member
    Thanks simpatsyann that was helpful. :) I just was goin to buy mode but they only sell the stuff specifically from magic realm shops. :)
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I found two familiars in the Magic Headquarters. Look on the fireplaces and also search the bookcases.
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Buy familiars in casters alley and no to portals you can put the portal in other lots via build mode cheat but it just ports around same lot
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I looked and I couldn't find the familiars or the brooms in buy mode. :/ so I thought I would ask in case they have some specific way of gettin them or perhaps they are put somewhere I can't find.

You have to go thru the portal in Glimmerbrook, then you will see the vendor booths that will have items at each of them (3 total booths) you have to take a portal from the Headquarters you get to soon as you arrive thru it, then look for the portal by the broken bridge to cross over to Casters Alley (that is where the booths are at) Good Luck!
  • Options
    Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    Umm, I need help, I rotated to play another spellcaster and when I switched back, my current spellcaster is now riding a broom???? I didn't buy him one, anyone know how I can turn it off as he hasn't got one in his iventory and it's not in the magic panel option
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    Marses08Marses08 Posts: 12 New Member
    Does anyone know when the bloodline trait appears on your sims?
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Marses08 wrote: »

The children of your spellcaster will have the first bloodline trait, 'weak'. I don't know exactly how it progresses from there.
  • Options
    GabbryroseGabbryrose Posts: 839 Member

If your spellcaster has a baby with another spellcaster their baby should have the bloodline. Your sim won't unless you cheat to give it to them. The bloodline gets stronger/weaker depending on who your future generations have children with. If they have a child with a non-spellcaster it dilutes the bloodline.

• Options
    wrenstales wrote: »

No, but... You can learn a practical magic spell that lets you go to the magic realm. And when you become a spellcaster you should also get a glimmerstone in your inventory that you can click on to travel to the realm.
  • Options
    Marses08Marses08 Posts: 12 New Member
    > @Gabbryrose said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > If your spellcaster has a baby with another spellcaster their baby should have the bloodline. Your sim won't unless you cheat to give it to them. The bloodline gets stronger/weaker depending on who your future generations have children with. If they have a child with a non-spellcaster it dilutes the bloodline.

when will you be able to tell the type of bloodline they have. I have 2 toddlers both from spellcaster parents but I can't find where the bloodline is
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    wrenstales wrote: »

Yes, you can actually. In the buydebug menu, the item called 'Pristine Portal to the Magic Realm'. I have one placed in a lot in Newcrest and my sim successfully used it to travel to the Realm.
  • Options
    > @Gabbryrose said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > If your spellcaster has a baby with another spellcaster their baby should have the bloodline. Your sim won't unless you cheat to give it to them. The bloodline gets stronger/weaker depending on who your future generations have children with. If they have a child with a non-spellcaster it dilutes the bloodline.

when will you be able to tell the type of bloodline they have. I have 2 toddlers both from spellcaster parents but I can't find where the bloodline is

If they have the bloodline it should be visible as soon as they are toddlers. It will show up in their traits.
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    I got a question what are the 3 new songs?
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players