Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Whats your favourite festival?

hey! I was wondering what festival in San Myshuno? (ignore this if you don't even have City Living) I personally like the romance festival and it's the only one I ever go to. I was also kinda curious about if you actually go to the festivals just bc I'm kinda bored and interested in what other sims players think about some features in the game

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    The Flea Market and the Spice Festival are my personal favorites.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Flea Market and Spice Festival!
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited September 2019
    After visiting the festivals a few times, I was over the whole shebang. I find it repetitive, boring, and not the least bit enjoyable.

When I did go to the festivals, I think I liked the romance one the best.
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    My favourite varies, it used to be Romance Festival or Spice Festival, but recently I've enjoyed Haunted Hijinks. I have accidentally set my holidays so that new year happens at the same time with Haunted Hijinks. It's really nice to send sims over there to watch fireworks and enjoy the city.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Romance Festival and Spice Festival.
    I wish less married sims would show up at the Romance Festival, the idea of going as a couple to it is cute, but it gets annoying when you send a single sim with the intention of finding a partner.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    Definitely spice! And I haven’t visited in awhile! Will do on my next play session. 🤓
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member

I don't like the festivals that appear near the basketball court cause it keeps trying to kill my sims during winter. :D

Geekcon is cool but it bugs me when I see townies with no pants on and they always seem to be at Geekcon.
  • Fallenxroses7Fallenxroses7 Posts: 92 Member
    citysimmer wrote: »
    I wish less married sims would show up at the Romance Festival, the idea of going as a couple to it is cute, but it gets annoying when you send a single sim with the intention of finding a partner.

yeah, that happens a lot to me too. it's kinda annoying!
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    The Romance Festival. It’s so pretty, and I love the music & overall vibe it has.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I rarely go, but I have enjoyed the times I went to Geekcon.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Humor & High jinks
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    geekcom and the flea market.
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    romance
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• CelestialKestrelCelestialKestrel Posts: 7 New Member
    Flea Market and Geekcon even though during Geekcon when you have seasons and it's raining all the electronics break. But seeing everyone in costume, uncomfortable and things not working does remind me of how actual conventions go.
  • GrouchybeastGrouchybeast Posts: 149 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    My favourite varies, it used to be Romance Festival or Spice Festival, but recently I've enjoyed Haunted Hijinks. I have accidentally set my holidays so that new year happens at the same time with Haunted Hijinks. It's really nice to send sims over there to watch fireworks and enjoy the city.

Aww, man. I thought I'd missed a whole festival, and there was a Halloween-style festival that I'd completely failed to notice. Then I realised it was a typo.
    "Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Geekcon is the only one I enjoy from time to time...after romance festival almost breaking up one of my most adored couples I hate it with a passion and the rest is just pretty boring to me.
    Flea Market and Geekcon even though during Geekcon when you have seasons and it's raining all the electronics break. But seeing everyone in costume, uncomfortable and things not working does remind me of how actual conventions go.

I disabled rain completely not only but also because of that, Geekcon is the only festival which actually caters to one of my sims interests.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• thelawtmanthelawtman Posts: 1,424 Member
    I love Geekcon, second if flea market because sometimes you can get rare collectiables.
    Could it possibly get uglier? I used to be a highly respected watcher, and now I'm a wounded dwarf with the mystical strength of a doily. I just wish I could sleep. - Rupert Giles

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    The Flea market and the spice festival. I'd rank the festivals (I love them all. One of my favorite packs) greatest to least
    1. Flea Market
    2. Spice Festival
    3. Geekcon
    4. romance festival
    5. Humor and Hyjinks
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Romance festival and the Spice festival.

Whenever I send my sims to Geekcon it always seems to be raining. If it stops while they are though it's pretty nice to have them work on repairing stuff lol
  • Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    I love Flea Market and Spice Festival the most!

Flea Market sometimes sells rare collectibles that are otherwise annoying to find.

Spice Festival often has the most dishes for your Sims to learn, which is good for unlocking the Spice Hound and Chopstick Savvy Traits, and you can enter the spicy eating challenge, which if you win, unlocks a new interaction and shirt!
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Spice Festival although I don't care about any of them too much and rarely go. There isn't much to do at any of them really, but I take new save sims there to try all the recipes.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Humor and Hijinks. I just love getting my sims be competitive and beating the other team. 😂
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Different types of sims gravitate to the different festivals at various times. The romance festival is pretty exclusively for single sims for me too.

Geeks go to Geekcon at times, obviously. The spice festival is popular with most city dwellers. The flea market is a place to buy random junk, more popular with female sims who don't have a lot of money. I send certain sims to Humor and Hijinks too.

Going to a festival is generally a random decision. When they have babies or toddlers, they tend not to get out but childfree YAs in the city will go a lot. "City" sims with older children will go as well.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited September 2019
    Spice and Romance on all sims. Spice for plants and trying new foods, Romance because it's the prettiest :).... and plants!
    The other are really dependent on the sims traits and interests. I don't usually go to the flea market.
    egTcBMc.png