Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bugs with Realm of magic???

Has anyone noticed any bugs?? I was playing this morning and my cash amount kept changing. It would double then go back to normal.

Comments

• WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    There are quite a few bugs some are profoundly annying like potions not sellable using Retail self employment from Get to Work
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I sure have several things. Before I downloaded ROM, my sim had over 800,000 semolians. Then within a day of playing her finances went down to a little over 21,000. I started a new spellcaster. I had her first play around on the cauldron, and because of that she learned how and was given a potion. The next day I sent her to the magical world, and while there she purchased a wand, collected a few plants, and gems. Her familiar, a cat, also found a few items. My sim also used the potion she had discovered as well. When she finally went back home everything she had collected and purchased was gone, and the potion that she had used was back in her personal inventory. After that my game now keeps crashing when I am in CAS, even when I attempt to go into CAS with a new game save it crashes. I never had my game crash before. Even removed all mods, and cleared out my cache files, still crashes.
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited September 2019
    hit virtuoso and was grinding talent points for the perks..but after a while the bar will be stuck (stuck as in you will endlessly complete it, get no point and if you pause the activity your bar will reset to near full and the whole process repeats) and you won't be able to gain any new points (14-15 points seem to be the limit for my sims atm) so better spend your talent points wisely!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited September 2019
    Has anyone noticed any bugs?? I was playing this morning and my cash amount kept changing. It would double then go back to normal.

Spell casters in CAS crash when doing the animation
    Can't sell potions
    Potions from buydebug can't be placed in inventory and don't work
    Premades from other worlds are becoming spell casters automously
    Some of the new eyes that come with this pack are not the color that's shown when you pick them in CAS

People are also reporting the game is lagging since installing and some error codes are happening error 115 and another number.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Apparently it's all supernaturals not just spellcasters that is causing cas to crash

• Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    edited September 2019
    Always teleport sometimes won't work, sometimes it works after reloading.
    Spellcasting aspiration's tasks to learn new spells won't fulfill.
    Same with potions - they don't count.
  • GabbryroseGabbryrose Posts: 839 Member
    hit virtuoso and was grinding talent points for the perks..but after a while the bar will be stuck (stuck as in you will endlessly complete it, get no point and if you pause the activity your bar will reset to near full and the whole process repeats) and you won't be able to gain any new points (14-15 points seem to be the limit for my sims atm) so better spend your talent points wisely!

I had this same thing happen, and now it will spontaneously reset my level to Master and make me work up to Virtuoso again. This one is super annoying because it actually takes away the Virtuoso level perks that I already got. (Thankfully it does give me back the points, but still...) At one point the bar would fill completely and then empty again after every magical interaction.
    Gabbryrose wrote: »

I had this same thing happen, and now it will spontaneously reset my level to Master and make me work up to Virtuoso again. This one is super annoying because it actually takes away the Virtuoso level perks that I already got. (Thankfully it does give me back the points, but still...) At one point the bar would fill completely and then empty again after every magical interaction.

haven't seen the jumping back to master part (yet) but yup that's what's happening to me as well... so far it Always seem to happen to me when i am at 14-15 points total on every single caster sim i have had so far and yeah...it is really annoying. so for now i'll just make each of my sims different: one a potion master, one a schools of magic master and one a master duellist. but guess my story about three prodigy mages has to be on hold for now untill they fix this whenever they decide they feel like it -.- because EA is worldwide notorious for lack of actually properly fixing their games!

• GabbryroseGabbryrose Posts: 839 Member

haven't seen the jumping back to master part (yet) but yup that's what's happening to me as well... so far it Always seem to happen to me when i am at 14-15 points total on every single caster sim i have had so far and yeah...it is really annoying. so for now i'll just make each of my sims different: one a potion master, one a schools of magic master and one a master duellist. but guess my story about three prodigy mages has to be on hold for now untill they fix this whenever they decide they feel like it -.- because EA is worldwide notorious for lack of actually properly fixing their games!

Did some digging and this seems to be related to the Ancient Bloodline trait. Removed it and it's fixed now...
    edited September 2019
    Gabbryrose wrote: »
    Did some digging and this seems to be related to the Ancient Bloodline trait. Removed it and it's fixed now...

ok...but none of my sioms have those traits to my knowledge so that cannot be it :/ good to know tho that those are bugged as well... -.- guess that's why i didn't experience the rank drop: didn't even know those traits existed! but no matter what i do, 15 points is the most i got be4 the glitch struck, most of my other casters are stuck at 14 points tops

• LissmelsLissmels Posts: 79 Member
    Not sure if these are bugs but I made several spellcaster households and made them all always use wands, but when I make them dual against each other, the unplayed sim still won't use a wand (they do when I play them, and don't when I don't). Also they are walking around in random outfits that aren't in CAS and that's pretty annoying cause they don't match their personalities (I gave them outfits for a reason, why won't they use them lol)
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

Spell casters in CAS crash when doing the animation
    Can't sell potions
    Potions from buydebug can't be placed in inventory and don't work
    Premades from other worlds are becoming spell casters automously
    Some of the new eyes that come with this pack are not the color that's shown when you pick them in CAS

People are also reporting the game is lagging since installing and some error codes are happening error 115 and another number.

Is there an ahq report on neighbors coming to your door with fruitcake and being unable to send them away? xD so far, I have only had this on the lot close to the portal. And it's super annoying even if I do my best to ignore it.
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I'm having some problems in CAS. I thought erroneously that it was a problem with cc, but it doesn't seem to be. So far, I'm finding that RoM clothes with long sleeves will not allow RoM bracelets or any rings on the right arm/hand to display, but will on the left. But if I take the clothing item off, they do display properly. I tried this in a virgin game and the problem persists.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited September 2019
    My sim is now a virtuoso, but can't get any more spells. No matter which spells I choose to practice, I get this pop-up message saying I've learned all spells I can at this current rank. That can't be right. I'm missing one from each category (except for the potions, haven't done much there yet).
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Stutum wrote: »
    My sim is now a virtuoso, but can't get any more spells. No matter which spells I choose to practice, I get this pop-up message saying I've learned all spells I can at this current rank. That can't be right. I'm missing one from each category (except for the potions, haven't done much there yet).

Is that the last spell on each one? You can only learn that one directly from the respective sages. Click "Ask to Teach Ultimate (school) spell"
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Stutum wrote: »

Is that the last spell on each one? You can only learn that one directly from the respective sages. Click "Ask to Teach Ultimate (school) spell"

Ah, ok, I had no idea about that. Thanks! I thought it was broken or something. Good thing my sim is good friends with one of them sages. :wink:
  • Sharebear67Sharebear67 Posts: 26 Member
    Im not sure this is a bug but this Sim morning she was pregnant then that evening she drank 2 potions to get her needs back up. She went to the Humor and Hyjinx festival then when she got home I noticed she wasn't pregnant any more. Did anyone else notice this?
    Not sure if it's a bug, but... It seems the new "death type" is actually impossible. I've planned to have a ghost with a perk that is given to a sim with this new death (now I realize it is pretty useless for a ghost, but whatever, still want it), so at first I tried to play "normally" and waited for this death to occur. Nothing happened despite spell-meter was always full. So then I've nullified all the perks that could affect it and began to spam spells. NOTHING! I used "rise charge", then spam "hardest" spells - sim just won't die. I've already reached the unexpected max (14 points) this way, no perks except one for spellcasting aspiration (this one just was in the way), I even made this sim hungry and sleepy - but nothing affects it.

It's easier to kill a sim with a curse or misfortune spell - the sim miscast food spell, and what appeared as a normal hot-dog was actually poisonous nigiri :D A nice surprise, but I would prefer that the features we were promised worked properly.
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    My sim is best friends with the practical sage but he still keeps saying he has to get to know her more before he can teach her some spells. I'm assuming this is a bug too. :(
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Two things in my game:

* When my Spellcaster got married and she moved in, I got an error code and could no longer enter their lot. I had to move them out of their house to an empty lot, then I went to their home in Build/Buy and saved the lot to my Library. I moved them back in to their home and all has been well. Except . . .

* My Spellcaster is a Virtuoso, he has all the perks, and so far he has accumulated 4 more points. However, when I click on his spells, they vary. He is qualified for every spell and they should be listed for use when I click on him. However, at most, only two or three are options for him to use. When he is at home, it doesn't make sense that he can't use Delicio to make a meal.
  • MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    Ok, so one of the problems I've also experienced in CAS is makeups.. So, instead of a choice from 5 blushes, I get 10. Similarly with the lipstick. I believe it is also happening with the eye liners and shadows, but I haven't had the patience to wade through all of them. They are identical, just duplicates. At first I thought it was a cc problem, but it is not. It only happens with casters. I even started a new TS4 folder that had seen no cc or mods ever. Same thing. I wonder if it is the new eyes doing it or some other coding error. I'm favoring coding as the problem. I hope they take note of this and fix it.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Jaline33 wrote: »
    Two things in my game:

* When my Spellcaster got married and she moved in, I got an error code and could no longer enter their lot. I had to move them out of their house to an empty lot, then I went to their home in Build/Buy and saved the lot to my Library. I moved them back in to their home and all has been well. Except . . .

* My Spellcaster is a Virtuoso, he has all the perks, and so far he has accumulated 4 more points. However, when I click on his spells, they vary. He is qualified for every spell and they should be listed for use when I click on him. However, at most, only two or three are options for him to use. When he is at home, it doesn't make sense that he can't use Delicio to make a meal.

UPDATE: By accident, I discovered that clicking on the floor (The. Floor!) will bring up the two Delicio options. There are lots of spells that I still can't figure out how to activate. Mostly, clicking on things gives the option to set them on fire.
  • crd112891crd112891 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have an issue with the spellcaster perks not opening period. I haven't used the bloodline cheat in the family I'm playing. So theres no real reason it shouldnt open.
    edited September 2019
    Faust-RSI wrote: »
    Not sure if it's a bug, but... It seems the new "death type" is actually impossible. I've planned to have a ghost with a perk that is given to a sim with this new death (now I realize it is pretty useless for a ghost, but whatever, still want it), so at first I tried to play "normally" and waited for this death to occur. Nothing happened despite spell-meter was always full. So then I've nullified all the perks that could affect it and began to spam spells. NOTHING! I used "rise charge", then spam "hardest" spells - sim just won't die. I've already reached the unexpected max (14 points) this way, no perks except one for spellcasting aspiration (this one just was in the way), I even made this sim hungry and sleepy - but nothing affects it.

It's easier to kill a sim with a curse or misfortune spell - the sim miscast food spell, and what appeared as a normal hot-dog was actually poisonous nigiri :D A nice surprise, but I would prefer that the features we were promised worked properly.

UPDATE: It's by design. Sims that have perks against "Tense" moodlets are safe from all negative effects and even death from overcharging. It's because somebody in EA decided to make all overcharging effects dependant on the moodlet, lol
    Post edited by Faust-RSI on
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Donno if it's a bug but teleporting to realm while on vacation ends it
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top