Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Storylines Are You Playing?

13...Next

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I sometimes disable rain because at times I have a feeling the creators are trying to imitate the Netherlands/Ireland/Scotland. A bit too much :p But I'll always enable it again at one point because I also like the reality of rainy weather. I do buy my sims umbrellas ;) (and make sure they are skilled enough to make them unbreakable)
    I tend to turn rain off because I am sure I get enough living in Scotland...plus when I leave it on the sound makes me sleepy, being Scottish I grew to love the sound of rain to fall asleep to at an early age.

I am currently playing Sunset Valley's self proclaimed paranormal expert: Phil Short, Phil has a temper (mean spirited), he is also insane and eccentric and pretty much prefers the dead to the living. Having reached level 10 in the ghost hunter career Phil feels he has built up enough of a connection with the spirit world to join his dream career; a fortune teller but whether he will go down the path of mystic or scam artist remains to be seen.

When not busting ghosts Phil enjoys alchemy and is heavily invested in bringing Supernaturals back to Sunset Valley after they were cruelly vanquished by the Landgraabs, a misfit by nature he can relate to the outcast supernaturals. He also has a very on/off /on again relationship with Ayesha Ansari but Sunny Bakshi and Judy Bunch have both been hitting him up lately. Phil is in the process of restoring the old worship house and converting it to a home (if I ever finish it lol).
    I've visited Scotland once (the Highlands) and if it would have been like that for me (getting sleepy) I would have ended up in a coma... :s Seriously, five days of pouring rain, rain, rain. Not a little, pouring. Constantly. Still we had a great week and I've promised myself to return one day because in spite of the rain, the landscape was lovely. I can't imagine a next time I will be that unlucky again :p I love the sound of rain by the way. Not five days in a row though :D (we finished our vacation in sunny Edinburgh by the way)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • AnnikaperiAnnikaperi Posts: 535 Member
    I will try to be brief! I have a story that begins in an orphanage in Sunset Valley. They try to place supernatural children with families in supernatural areas, and deal with those they can’t place by teaching them to suppress and control their abilities and become good citizens of Sunset Valley. Some of what happens in the story: The main characters are three witches and a vampire who meet in the orphanage. They decide to stay together as a family while overcoming obstacles and pursuing careers in music, alchemy and film. The vampire becomes best friends with a talented, adventurous English wizard who has an avant garde, artistic cousin. The wizard will meet an unwillingly turned Scandinavian vampire on one of his trips. He marries her, much to the chagrin of his family. They also end up on the run from the Scandinavian vampire establishment.

The story will probably also include locales like Bridgeport, Aurora Skies and maybe others. I will have to decide if I want everybody in one big house or if I want the wizard and his wife to have their own place. There will also be witch familiars and at least one of the witches will marry, so that's a lot of Sims. I will also have to decide how I want to mod the game so that everything happens according to plan. I have not been able to Sim for awhile and am still setting this up, so no interesting pictures yet.

This story is a departure for some of my characters who are usually human, but I am having a lot of fun with Supernatural. I also have a few stories from Sims 1 that I want to recreate in The Sims 3. One is a kind of Darren and Samantha situation with a rock star, his witch wife and her disapproving family. One is about a group of witches who live together in Old Town. One is about a Sim who has a boardinghouse with actresses, a model and a policewoman living there -- seven or eight Sims. I came up with the boardinghouse idea because there was nowhere left in that neighborhood for those characters to go. I also have a pre Sims story about a rock band that I would like to include, and one about a tech firm. I also have an idea about a generational Sims 3 story where a family gains power and takes over the whole town. I have not yet done anything with generations of Sims. I also think it would be fun to do something with Sims based on some of the characters from Grimm.

The inspiration for my characters often comes from favorite musicians or fictional characters that I like. I change their name and things about them and make them into their own character. If I add some sliders to the game I should be able to make some really distinctive looking or recognizable Sims. Sometimes playing around in CAS or with existing CAS Sims will inspire me to create supporting characters.
  • dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    I've visited Scotland once (the Highlands) and if it would have been like that for me (getting sleepy) I would have ended up in a coma... :s Seriously, five days of pouring rain, rain, rain. Not a little, pouring. Constantly. Still we had a great week and I've promised myself to return one day because in spite of the rain, the landscape was lovely. I can't imagine a next time I will be that unlucky again :p I love the sound of rain by the way. Not five days in a row though :D (we finished our vacation in sunny Edinburgh by the way)

Five days of rain...you must have come in summer lol! Edinburgh is beautiful (I used to live there, you could see the castle from my bedroom window), Glasgow is warmer I find but lots more strangers randomly talk to you... that's why I love it so much.

You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Last night I made an elderly lady sim. I tried to make her as young looking as possible. I can hardly tell she is an elder. She is a witch, with a cat, on an 800$ lot in Midnight Hollow. The plan is... she finds out how to make herself young again or she dies. Tick tock.

I love this idea. I'm still in the process of customizing Salmon Woods but have decided to try this there although I won't have a witch but a regular human. She does something to 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off an elderly witch, maybe she is insensitive to her being old, so the witch gives her a chance to "walk in her shoes". I've only tried tried alchemy once before so I'm not sure of the elixir needed.

Are you following any rules/guidelines about using travel to advance her alchemy skill o about using things like life fruit and mud baths to add days to her life expectancy? I usually play an elder life cycle of 7 days and am not sure if that will give me enough time to learn the skills needed and then also find the ingredients. I might have to change the elder stage to 14 days.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

Five days of rain...you must have come in summer lol! Edinburgh is beautiful (I used to live there, you could see the castle from my bedroom window), Glasgow is warmer I find but lots more strangers randomly talk to you... that's why I love it so much.
    It was the first week of May, I just had bad luck :D My husband had a heat wave there once, couldn't stop to remind me of that x times a day -_- ; I refuse to come when the midges are there by the way so it will have to be somewhere between October and May :p
    5JZ57S6.png
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    @h2hospaz
    Number one, this thread is really old and may or may not be closed for Necroposting
    As for name ideas, I'll pm you a link to a great site. It's got tons of names and meanings so you can pick the perfect one!
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    I write about a witch, Taïga Grey and her grandmother. Starting out as a kid, she is now a teen. I'm trying to keep the story as "normal" as possible, no fairies running around, nor any bloodthirsty vampires lurking in the dark corners. The supernaturals involved are very discreet, you wouldn't know if you crossed one in the street...

You can find the whole story on my blog, just click on my siggy and it will take you there...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    edited September 2019
    With all the rebuilds of my game folders I may just have to drop and restart most of my story-lines.

One of my favorites of mine though is:

The Way of Life: https://sims3wayoflife.blogspot.com
    Screenshot-28.jpg
    Eight Sims have to get through the Apocalypse (a nuclear war).where their entire world has gone from being this nice little town Screenshot-127.jpg to being blasted off the face of the map...Screenshot-127_nuke2.jpg to a post-nuclear wasreland.
    Screenshot-23.jpg

It’s a lot of fun.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~